Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2017 - APRIL 22, 2017 (Near Pgh)

JOIN US!!! Saturday, April 22, 2017
    This informal shoot is open to ALL PAFOA MEMBERS!

Only those who are forum members or PMSC members may attend.
    Members of PAFOA who are not also members of PMSC are not permitted to bring guests. (unless the guest is a forum member)
    (want to bring your significant other? Have them sign up on PAFOA. Any PMSC members may bring guests per club rules)
    Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.

FEE: $5.00 (cash) No fee for PMSC club members
    TIME: 10:00am till 1:00pm (try to arrive by 9:45am)
    505 Mosside Boulevard (Rt. 48) North Versailles, PA 15137

Safety briefing will be at 9:45am. PLEASE arrive by this time so you do not miss important info or delay the start time.

When you enter the club property, go straight past the first building on left, through gate that will be open, bear right, head toward the large building on right. (follow the smell of BACON!)
    Continue past building, you will see skeet/trap shooting area to your right, continue past that and road starts to go up a hill.
    There is a sharp left turn before heading up a steep hill.(cars OK)
    Continue to top. Some parking by the main range, or park along road near the top.

ONLY THE 3 IPSC RANGES ARE OPEN TO PAFOA GROUP SHOOTERS, all other ranges are off limits to non PMSC club members unless a PMSC member signs you into the Guest book and pays the additional $5.00 after the shoot. All other ranges will be available to those who pay the $5.00 guest fee and are accompanied by a PMSC member. Please note that our guest policy has changed and is available for view at the sign in booth.

SEE FRIENDS! - MAKE FRIENDS! - SHOOT GUNS! - EAT BACON!!!
    Make a note of these dates! - 2017 PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoots: April 22 / June 17 / August 19 / October 21

Last edited by Emptymag; February 5th, 2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: DATE CORRECTION for JUNE
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMSC Group Shoot 1 of 4 for 2017 - APRIL 22, 2017 (Near Pgh)

SIGN IN HERE. Just click a box and type. When finished, simply close the window.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...j4M/edit#gid=0

REMEMBER, This is open to ALL PAFOA MEMBERS!
    Come and meet the people you talk to on the forum, try out each other's toys, and HAVE FUN!!!

This is not a competition, simply an informal shoot for members of PAFOA.

B
    ring your guns and ammo and if you forget your smiles, I GUARANTEE you'll find plenty before you leave!

Typically the shoots start out with attendees helping to set up target stands and cooking bacon under the pavilion.
    Feel free to chip in and bring some bacon to be cooked, or snacks, or drinks to share.
    There will be a sign in sheet where everyone will get a name tag (use your screen name if you wish) and pay your $5 range fee.

All type of firearms/calibers are permitted. Sorry, no full auto shooting or bump firing of semi autos.

For logistical purposes and since the main focus is on the gathering itself, we don't use the club's rifle range. Instead we set up at a large, wide shooting bay with covered pavilion and tables with smaller shooting bays with pavilions just steps away. The main bay is about 35 yards max deep - not "ideal" for rifle shooting, but most of the shooting is done for enjoyment and to allow others to shoot something they may have never had a chance to shoot before - long distance accuracy isn't a focus.
    Paper targets will be set up at varying distances - at the back for rifle shooting and at staggered distances up closer for handgun shooting.

In addition to the main range we will strive to always have a bay set up for shooting steel so long as there are members generous enough to bring some along.

A safety briefing will be given prior to the start of the shoot in order to familiarize any new shooters to the range setup and go over some basic rules in place to ensure a safe shooting environment. Firearms will be kept unloaded until the shooter is on the firing line. There are rifle racks and table areas for handguns which are kept with actions open.

Have some bacon, grab a donut, introduce yourself, look at what others brought with them, and have at it! Shoot as much or as little as you wish.
    Proper group shoot etiquette says that if someone offers to let you shoot a gun the polite answer is "Yes, thank you!" If they didn't want you to shoot it, they wouldn't have offered!
    It's always appreciated when the same offer is made in return and if someone mentions here that they are bringing something specific that you'd like to try, picking up a box of ammo to bring for that purpose is a kind gesture. Gone are the days when we could all afford to hand out full 30 rd mags and say "Have at it."

If you've never been to a shoot, be warned that you will likely go home with a new list of "must haves". I know that's what happened to me!
    I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones this year. I've met literally hundreds of forum members over the years at these shoots and it used to amaze me what a great group of people show up, but now I just sort of expect it.

If you plan to attend, please take a moment to post something in this thread. It gives us all a better idea of how many to expect (how much bacon is needed) and some discussion keeps the thread active where others will see it. If you can't make it, we won't hold you to it.

If you have any other questions at all about the shoot, just ask and someone will be sure to help.

Thanks,
    EM

Last edited by Emptymag; February 7th, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Win a PAFOA Prize Pack!

No purchase necessary! A number will be chosen via random number generator.
    The person who corresponds with that number on the sign in sheet WINS!
    Must be present to win. (Shirt will be ordered and delivered after winner chooses size)

- PAFOA logo T-Shirt
    - PAFOA Mug
    - PAFOA Button
    - PAFOA Bumper Sticker

I contacted the elusive founder of PAFOA with this idea and he was kind enough to supply the items.
    Thanks Dan!

ALSO...

With Dan's permission, I had 100 chamber flags made up with the PAFOA logo.
    I purchased these myself and I will be giving one to each person in attendance.
    If you would like more, additional flags are $1 each at the shoot.

Last edited by Emptymag; April 11th, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I'll be there!

On time! For a change! Because I have to be! I'll have the keys! LOL!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hope to see some new faces as well!
    Mark the dates on your calendar! I added them to the bottom of the opening post for all to see.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you For taking this over and keeping it going..

Will do my best to be there.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

Hokkmike Guest

Can you give us a general idea of what types of shooting will be going on?

(Allegheny County)

Targets will be set out varying distances out to around 25-30 yards. Approximately 2 targets per step, closest distance is maybe 7 yards. About the exact opposite of competitive. In fact, you probably won't be able to tell where you're hitting. It's really more of an opportunity to match faces with names, shoot guns (and try guns that other members have that you don't, at least, not until you try them and like them), and eat bacon. You'll see a wide variety of guns there... Small .22s, tacticool ARs, 10ga autoloaders, super cool home made stuff, and most people will be glad to let you have a try (at least, I haven't met a single person that declined to share, though you're not obligated to).

Basically, meet people, try guns, make noise, eat bacon.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Thank you For taking this over and keeping it going..
    No problem. These shoots have been a source of great fun for many years now and I want to make sure they continue for many years to come.
    Thanks go out to TooBigToFit and pennlineman for offering their assistance on the off chance I may be forced to work on a shoot date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazylaser View Post
    Will do my best to be there.
    Cool. See, folks? Just like that ^, it's not so hard to post something like that!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    Can you give us a general idea of what types of shooting will be going on?

TooBigToFit summed it up pretty well.

I left the first post blank initially so I could come back and post up a description for those who may be wondering the same.
    You just got here before I could add it.

Scroll back up for my long-winded version.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast