Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Taurus Customer Service

Well I bought a Taurus 709 Slim as my first Carry Gun back in February. When I got the gun home from the store and stripped the gun for a through cleaning prior to the first range trip, I found a small defect in the barrel. The defect appeared to be a small patch of very light pitting on the bottom of the barrel prior to the application of the barrel coating. Anyway I called Taurus up because a new gun should be in my opinion near flawless. Anyway Taurus said that the barrels were on back order and that they would call me when the Barrels were in stock so that I could ship the Gun back for repair. I really didn't want to ship the whole gun back but I have the service rep my info and I thought that was the end of it.

Well fast forward about 500 flawless rounds out of the gun until today, I came home from work and there is a small box sitting on my doorstep, I open in the package and inside sits a brand new barrel from Taurus. I really was not too concerned with the light pitting, the gun function flawlessly with no hiccups (other than some from using tula ammo) and I had completely forgot about the barrel. I don't plan on putting the new barrel in the gun since I know and trust the old barrel to be completely reliable. I now have a nice spare just in case to keep in the gun safe.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Taurus Customer Service

I guess that would be a from you?

I haven't heard anything bad about CS .... People were sending in their 738's because the new style mags would require pushing in on the release button to get them to seat .... and getting back boxes with "New Gun" stickers on the outside, 2 new style mags and their old mags too. All within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by psucivil View Post
    Well I bought a Taurus 709 Slim as my first Carry Gun back in February. When I got the gun home from the store and stripped the gun for a through cleaning prior to the first range trip, I found a small defect in the barrel. The defect appeared to be a small patch of very light pitting on the bottom of the barrel prior to the application of the barrel coating. Anyway I called Taurus up because a new gun should be in my opinion near flawless. Anyway Taurus said that the barrels were on back order and that they would call me when the Barrels were in stock so that I could ship the Gun back for repair. I really didn't want to ship the whole gun back but I have the service rep my info and I thought that was the end of it.

Well fast forward about 500 flawless rounds out of the gun until today, I came home from work and there is a small box sitting on my doorstep, I open in the package and inside sits a brand new barrel from Taurus. I really was not too concerned with the light pitting, the gun function flawlessly with no hiccups (other than some from using tula ammo) and I had completely forgot about the barrel. I don't plan on putting the new barrel in the gun since I know and trust the old barrel to be completely reliable. I now have a nice spare just in case to keep in the gun safe.
    i like taurus no hassle warranty. i snapped my captive firing pin spring assembly while taking my pin out for a cleaning. called them up, the girl was nice enough to send me 3 just in case i broke it again then i don't have to have gun gun out of commission while waiting for new parts to come in.. i was a bit worry when i got my pt140 pro because of all of the bad reviews but 2000 rounds down the pipe and not even a hiccup jam or ftf/fte

I hear its better of course its a LTW with about a two week turn around not bad from country to country. I like the 24/7, 800 series, most of there revolvers and the latest version of the PT1911.
    Last edited by Neko456; May 17th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

I honestly don't understand all the negative Taurus CS bashing I read about on the net (non existent CS), I've always been treated with courtesy and professionalism, and have received prompt service.

For example yesterday I called them regarding a firing pin plunger and spring for my PT1911 which I had removed intentionally and lost, and with out any questions or reservations they are sending me the replacement parts at no cost to me, what better service can you ask for, Kudos to you Taurus

(York County)

Glad to hear Taurus actually has Customer Service Dept now that responds in a timely fashion.

Concerning the 709 Slim: This was on my short list as well for a pocket 9mm. Recently, I was at a shooting event that last all day. It was for fun and everyone got to shoot sporting clays, rifles, and lastly pistols. There was Glock, Colt Cobra .357, 1911, etc. I'm no Glock fan, but hit bullseye with the first shot. Then I moved onto the Taurus 709 Slim which I had never fired before. They had (2) of them there. OMG.....the pull on that thing is looooong! I think the perp would have run away before you squeezed out a round. There were several misfires and mag problems with it as well. Everyone there HATED IT. It was also the most inaccurate of the bunch as well. Made me damn glad I hadn't bought one back when I was looking. If yours is great than fine, but I myself have sworn off of their auto pistols FOREVER, especially after my dud of a PT1911. Love their revolvers though. (Raging Bulls)

- The Delta Force

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba View Post
    I honestly don't understand all the negative Taurus CS bashing I read about on the net (non existent CS), I've always been treated with courtesy and professionalism, and have received prompt service.
    Since I have been one to bash Taurus for customer service, I will try to help you understand. Just because the OP got good customer service, or they have improved customer service across the board recently does not in any way mean it was always that way. Just because they treated you well doesn't mean they have treated everyone the same. Many people, including myself, have been treated very badly by Taurus when it comes to customer service. What is so hard to understand about that? My bad experience does not negate the good experience the OP had, nor does his good experience mean no one has ever had a bad one.

I'll tell you what I don't understand. I don't understand people who think that their experience is the same one everyone has across the board, for all time. Not everyone gets good, and not everyone gets bad. That is a fact of life, and it does not mean one group or the other is lying. All it means is that CS is either inconsistent or that it has changed. Personally, with the way they treated me, you could not give me another Taurus. There are plenty of other guns out there with companies who have solid reputations in my experience. If your experience is different, good for you. Don't be so short sighted to think that people who did not receive the same are somehow lying, or stupid, or don't know what they are talking about. Does this help you any?

I had to send a gun to them once, their service and turnaround time was nothing short of stellar.

I bought a Taurus 627 2 weeks ago and had a similar problem. Brand new gun with a deep tool mark in the rifling. I ended up shipping it back to them unfired. I haven't heard anything since the confirmed receipt of the gun 12 days ago. They said it coulld take 4 weeks, but I'm hoping I get it back sooner. We'll see

(Montgomery County)

You made out better than I did. I sent them the barrel and bushing of my PT1911 and it finally took me digging up direct email addresses for a couple of their execs to get the right replacement parts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast