Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Congressional Carry

Not to be confused with Constitutional Carry. I didn't know Congressmen can carry in the Capitol Building.

Democrats Want to Repeal Rule That Allows Representatives to Have Guns in the Capitol
    BY LUIS VALDES
    DEC 09, 2018
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...n-the-capitol/

According to the Washington Post Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA) and fellow Democrats are looking at repealing a fifty-year-old rule that allows Congresscritters to keep guns in their offices and carry them on the Capitol grounds. Of course Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is backing the move as part of her bid to be elected Speaker again.

In a statement, Rep. Huffman told the WaPo…

“I don’t think we can just keep looking the other way or sweep this issue under the rug,” Huffman said in an interview, citing potential threats to public safety and national security from a lost or stolen weapon — or an overheated lawmaker. “Our political climate is too volatile and there are too many warning signs that we need to address things like this.”

The problem according to Huffman is apparently the known unknowns . . .

Huffman said he has heard rumors about colleagues keeping weapons and carrying them on campus but did not have firsthand knowledge about any particular instance. The House Sergeant at Arms, he said, informed him in a briefing that Capitol authorities do not keep records or track which civilians might be in possession of firearms on the grounds.

Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY), chairman of the House Second Amendment Caucus said . . .

“It’s proposing to solve a problem that doesn’t exist,” he said. “(Pelosi)’s worried that members aren’t responsible enough to handle a firearm?”

It’s going to be very interesting, especially on the Democrat side of the aisle, to see how they’ll vote. There are undoubtedly a number of Democrat lawmakers who preach ‘do as I say, not as I do’ and keep firearms for their own personal protection. Will they vote against their own self interests if that means toeing the anti-gun party line? And if they do, will they then just ignore the new rule anyway?

Default Re: Congressional Carry

Nothing has happened in fifty years, why fix something that's not broken.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Like many problems that Democrats have themselbes that they try to blame on Republicans, Huffman is clearly willing to defensively castrate himself so he can attempt to defensively castrate the United States. The dems apparently think they are in ful control of the government with one half of one branch of government.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Not to be confused with Constitutional Carry. I didn't know Congressmen can carry in the Capitol Building.
    I see this a little differently. I absolutely endorse the ability to CC in the Capital. However, if I can’t CC there, then Representatives shouldn’t be permitted to either.

(Chester County)

NOPE! They already have on duty police to protect them at work. Mr. & Mrs. America does not. They need to have their political power pride kicked in the ass.

Historically speaking, canes have been a much more significant safety issue than guns.

And from the perspective of the people. speech by representatives is one of the most dangerous weapons of mass destruction known to man.

I am all for banning both.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

“It’s proposing to solve a problem that doesn’t exist,” he said. “(Pelosi)’s worried that members aren’t responsible enough to handle a firearm?”
    So they're not responsible enough to handle a firearm yet we trust them to govern the country.
    Love the logic.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    NOPE! They already have on duty police to protect them at work. Mr. & Mrs. America does not. They need to have their political power pride kicked in the ass.

I agree. Fuck 'em

Let them live by the same laws I have too. They don't do shit for the 2A, so let some useless feel good legislation crawl up their asses and fester.
    They should have to live with the same poor healthcare care options that Obama care provides.

(Chester County)

Pelosi and crew will be running a communist style government and she'll be the dictator. There will be investigation after investigation and articles of impeachment drawn up for Trump and all the Supreme Court appointees of Trump. This will begin the next US not so civil war and Pelosi is preparing for by disarming the population that could oppose her.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 10th, 2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I agree. Fuck 'em

Let them live by the same laws I have too. They don't do shit for the 2A, so let some useless feel good legislation crawl up their asses and fester.
    They should have to live with the same poor healthcare care options that Obama care provides.
    Exactly.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast