Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: CA reverse verdict-- no right to carry outside home

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Never Trump.
    I'd prefer to not have my right arm cut off; it helps with my typing.

But if it's a binary choice, if I'm bitten by an AIDS-infected radioactive chimp with Ebola, and my choices are "cut off the arm or die", then I wouldn't just keep repeating "I'll never let my arm get cut off". Unless I'm willing to accept death, or I believe that God and the Archangels will descend and offer some deux ex machina 3rd option.

You holding out for God and friends?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Northampton County)

Or a turbo AIDS infested hooker with crotch crickets.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Columbia County)

Never Trump.
    The primaries are over, Cruz lost.

(York County)

Never Trump.
    Then who?

Hillary Clinton - Democratic Party - Hardcore Liberal
    We all know Hillary's stance on guns.

Jill Stein - Green Party - Hardcore Liberal
    Q. Do you support restrictions on the purchase and possession of guns?
    A. Yes. For public safety, gun ownership should be appropriately regulated.
    Source: Presidential Election 2012 PVS Political Courage Test, 1 November 2012
    Q. At the DNC in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. How will you limit the availability of assault weapons?
    A. We certainly need an assault weapons ban, but we need more than that. There are some 260 people every day who are injured or killed by gun violence, so it's very important that we ban assault weapons, for starters, but there are other steps that need to be taken quickly. Local communities need to be able to regulate guns, as needed, to deal with their violence. So, we need to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. We need background checks, so that the mentally ill are not possessing and using guns. And we need to end the gun show loopholes, as well, because there's far too much violence from guns, which is not needed.Source: Democracy Now! Expanded Second Obama-Romney 2012 debate, 16 October 2012
    Q. How do you feel about personal gun ownership?
    A. It is more dangerous to the occupants of a home to have a gun than not. It's more likely that you'll be injured by your own gun than that you'll be defended against some intruder with that gun. It's an enormous public health problem in our cities--there are tragedies every day where young people are being shot, as victims of gun crimes. It's tragic. We're not arguing that nobody should have a gun--but public safety should factor into constraints.
    Source: 2011 On The Issues interview with Jill Stein , 21 December 2011

Gary Johnson - Libertarian Party - Conservative-leaning Libertarian
    Q. Where do you stand on gun control?
    A. I'm one of those who believe the bumper sticker: If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. The first people who are going to be in line to turn in their guns are law-abiding citizens. Criminals are going to be left with guns. I believe that concealed carry is a way of reducing gun violence.
    Q. Do you carry a gun?
    A. I don't, and I don't own a gun, but I'd still just as soon have the concealed carry law. If the guy who is going to hold up a car knows there is the possibility of a concealed weapon, he may think twice. We don't have that law here.
    Q. But the statistics show that people don't use guns to stop crime. They use them to hurt themselves or innocent people.
    A. Yeah, but there is deterrence in the legality of guns. It's also part of the Constitution.
    Q. The NRA disagrees with any limits. Do you?
    A. I don't believe the laws regarding guns are effective. We're allowed to bear arms. It's part of a free society.
    Source: David Sheff interview in Playboy Magazine , 2 May 2011

But he's open to the idea of gun control, it's just lists he doesn't like.

STUART VARNEY, GUEST HOST: And look who is here, Libertarian presidential candidate and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. Where would a Libertarian stand on no-fly, no-buy?
    GARY JOHNSON, LIBERTARIAN PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Well, Gary Johnson would say, no, you shouldn't -- you shouldn't...
    V: What do you mean Gary Johnson would say? You're a Libertarian, aren't you?
    J: Well, that's right. So, Libertarians would say, look, these lists are flawed. It's my understanding that there are members of Congress, active members of Congress on this list.
    V: OK, so you object to the practicality of it.
    J: To the practicality of it, yes.
    V: What about to the principle of it?
    J: Well, I think we should be open to the principle. We should be open to the discussion of how we keep guns out of the hands, for example, of the mentally ill. But I have not heard a proposal that would actually do that. Proposals I hear theoretically are going to keep me from buying a gun if I want to buy one.
    V: See, I always thought Libertarians were a go if you like, boys. The Second Amendment is the Second Amendment, go at it.
    J: Well, there are varying degrees of Libertarians, just like there are varying degrees of Republicans. But I think, as president of the United States -- and I'm hoping to be elected as president of the United States -- that you can just count on me to have a process to really -- to look at these issues.
    V: Right. Would you be in favor of a no-fly, no-buy proposal if you could be sure that the people on that no-fly list are genuinely a terror threat and should be on that list? If you could do that, would you say yes to that bill?
    J: Well, you're asking a theoretical that actually doesn't exist. These lists -- that's the problem with these lists. It's the problem with the death penalty is that there's a 3 percent to 4 percent error rate in the death penalty. All these lists, every single governmental list is flawed in that sense.
    Source: Transcript from Fox News show "Your World," 15 June 2016

Michael Bloomberg - Independent - Libertarian-leaning Progressive
    We also know his stance on guns.
    Last edited by phoenix01; August 18th, 2016 at 12:08 PM.

(Bucks County)

I think Jennifer was being sarcastic folks.

Maybe we could ask Dan to update the POOFA header.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post
    I don't understand Never Trump. If not Trump, then realistically who? Yeah right HRC. Like I said, I don't understand.
    Yep.

While we all may want someone different and better - the real choice is between Trumpadump and Hildebeast. ...they are the only two who stand a chance at winning.

Hell, I stand a better chance at taking over this country by myself, by force, and declaring myself king than most of the other "candidates" have a chance at winning the presidency.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I think Jennifer was being sarcastic folks.

Maybe we could ask Dan to update the POOFA header.
    Yeah, I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think she was refering to her own sincere beliefs.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Yeah, I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't think she was refering to her own sincere beliefs.
    Yeah, that's a purty stout limb you're on. My meaning was to have others justify and encourage the support of a candidate that won't supply a death blow to the 2nd amendment at the Supreme Court.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yep.

While we all may want someone different and better - the real choice is between Trumpadump and Hildebeast. ...they are the only two who stand a chance at winning.

Hell, I stand a better chance at taking over this country by myself, by force, and declaring myself king than most of the other "candidates" have a chance at winning the presidency.
    You're gonna need a slogan though....

How'bout "A box of ammo for every range bag and a hunting license for every vote!"
    - bamboomaster

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    You're gonna need a slogan though....

How'bout "A box of ammo for every range bag and a hunting license for every vote!"
    lol.

Of course.. Gun ownership and carrying would be compulsory afterwards.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast