Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Gov. Tom Wolf declares 'state of emergency' in Pa. opioid epidemic

If any firearm laws/policies are suspended relative to a state of emergency, there should be another state of emergency caused by countless number of newly affected people ignoring the order.

Until such directive is made, wolf's state of emergency relative to guns is Irrelevant.

(Lackawanna County)

I had oxycodone once, after surgery for an impacted wisdom tooth that was fused to the jaw. I took the script when I got home, in the recliner. I woke up hours later and felt pretty buzzed and my breathing was extremely shallow. That actually scared me. I sucked up the pain with ice and ibuprofen after that.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    I had oxycodone once, after surgery for an impacted wisdom tooth that was fused to the jaw. I took the script when I got home, in the recliner. I woke up hours later and felt pretty buzzed and my breathing was extremely shallow. That actually scared me. I sucked up the pain with ice and ibuprofen after that.
    It is ridiculous what people think they need meds for today.

I had 5 teeth surgically removed about 20 years ago. 3 wisdom, and two adjacent molars.
    The surgeon nearly refused to remove them without putting me under until I said i'm paying cash, and I'm not paying for anesthesia.
    Lots of novocaine and no problem.
    Afterwards no drugs. A few ibuprofen and no problem. The minor discomfort was minuscule compared to the pain prior to the extractions.

Then I see people that take two days off of work, dosed up on Vicodin because they had a tooth pulled.

What bearing does this have on reciprosity agreements if any....?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    There's always an emergency from government. If they didn't have emergencies to make people feel as if they (the gov) were needed, people might just begin to think they can live with less government. Both parties do it all the time.

AFAIC the only emergency is enough addicts aren't over dosing. I know I'm a mean, rude, inconsiderate bastard. I'm good with that. I will never feel sad for an addict that OD's.
    I will feel bad for every life they trashed and ruined along the way, and for every person that died because a FR was too busy trying to save and addict instead of someone that wants to live.

No one gives a shit for the drunkard killing himself, or driving drunk killing others, but for some reason addicts need compassion. Cry me a river.
    Actually adiction is addiction and there is concern for all addiction but the opioid crisis is a whole new animal.
    Substance-related deaths
    More Pennsylvanians die from opioid overdoses than fatal vehicle accidents.

4,762 Pennsylvanians died from drug related causes in 2016.

935 Pennsylvanians died from alcohol-related causes in 2016.

2,744,248 Americans died from drug and alcohol related causes in 2016.

— Information from the Centers for Disease Control and the Pa. Department of Health

(Northampton County)

Ok, just to get back on the beaten path, since the gov declared the state of emergency all the statutes \ procedures written into that law now go into effect for 90 days or until the state of emergency has been lifted by the gov.

Including this?

§ 7721. Operation on streets and highways.

(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it is unlawful to operate a snowmobile or an ATV on any street or highway which is not designated and posted as a snowmobile or an ATV road by the governmental agency having jurisdiction.

(b) Emergency and bridge crossings.--A snowmobile or an ATV may be operated on highways and streets:

(1) During periods of emergency when so declared by a policy agency having jurisdiction.

So by law we can now legally operate our snowmobiles and ATVs throughout the state of PA. on highways and streets for 90 days or until the gov rescinds the order?
    75/15/10

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Actually adiction is addiction and there is concern for all addiction but the opioid crisis is a whole new animal.
    Substance-related deaths
    More Pennsylvanians die from opioid overdoses than fatal vehicle accidents.

4,762 Pennsylvanians died from drug related causes in 2016.

935 Pennsylvanians died from alcohol-related causes in 2016.

2,744,248 Americans died from drug and alcohol related causes in 2016.

— Information from the Centers for Disease Control and the Pa. Department of Health
    I meant junkies. No one gives a shit how a drunk kills themselves, and wants everyone that drives drunk to end up in hell. The general populace has no tolerance for drunks. But junkies need our special attention, and to be saved, or so the gov would seemingly have us believe.

What does Wolf want?

I honestly don't know.

But I can only assume it will be more rehabs, methadone, narcan, police, blah, blah, blah.
    It's all worked wonders.

Try handing out lethal doses, and plainly labeling them as such. The junkies will still take it.

(Delaware County)

Is today's smokeless powder an explosive or propellant?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Some of this opiod problem is due to doctors over prescribeing and losing accountablity.

So what does the medical field do? Over comansate and not give pain meds when needed. I actually had my primary refuse to give me pain meds with several gerniated disck and could barely walk. She told me that if you take pain pills for more that yhree days you are an addict.

So if that is the current stance how over inflared is the problem?
    that leads us to one of our other major problems, the medical industry treats us like cattle coming for vaccinations, numbers and nothing more, there is hardly any followup care and even after my doctor reads my records, he doesn't know why i'm in the office (for a follow up visit.)
    luckily they remember my name. wouldn't expect them to be able to properly track a patient for misuse and effectiveness of treatment regime.
    therefor they shouldn't be enabled to prescribe anything requiring such monitoring.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Y'all need to find better doctors.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast