Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons legislation

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to voice support for Democratic legislation that would ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Reid said he would bring gun-violence legislation to the floor and open it to a lengthy amendment process. But he declined to endorse the assault weapons ban introduced last week by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), which has the support of the 2nd- and 3rd-ranking Senate Democratic leaders.

“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons. The new one. She believes in it fervently and I admire her for that. I’ll take a look at that,” he said in response to a reporter's question. “We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns and I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.”

Feinstein’s bill would ban the sale and manufacture of more than 150 types of semi-automatic weapons, including handguns with fixed magazines capable of holding more than 10 bullets.

Republicans have raised doubts that Reid will even bring gun-control legislation to the Senate floor. Reid helped defeat an effort five years ago to renew the federal assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.

Reid dispelled the GOP speculation.

He said he has told his colleagues he will do everything in his power to “bring legislation dealing with guns and violence, generally, to the floor”.

Reid said that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) has told the Democratic caucus his plans for holding hearings on gun violence.

Leahy has introduced legislation to help prosecutors crack down on “straw purchasers” of firearms later used in crimes.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/2...lt-weapons-ban

Good news IF TRUE.

Keep the pressure on these bastards.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons legislation

Keep the Pressure up!!!

Stand United behind the NRA!!!!

(Delaware County)

I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.”

Read it before voting?

Wait....

What a fucking concept! Maybe this method will catch on?

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Read it before voting?

Maybe this method will catch on?
    Now that's just crazy talk!
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

I think this crazy b****s sole purpose was to propose an absurd piece of legislation that would be rejected while laying the groundwork for something more subtle...

(Columbia County)

The sad thing is that he has been very pro-gun in the past, and had indicated that he wouldn't even let it come to a vote. Total 180. We'll see how well that goes over with his constituents in Nevada. Pretty sure they're still mostly pro-gun like they were when I lived out west, but you never know.

(Bucks County)

Expanding NRA numbers will back them all off. Get everyone you can to Join.

JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Keep the Pressure up!!!

Stand United behind the NRA!!!!
    Don't let your guard down even for a minute with these weasels
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Expanding NRA numbers will back them all off. Get everyone you can to Join.

JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA JOIN NRA
    +1

And if you have friends or relatives who own firearms or enjoy shooting (which of us doesn't), please consider give each a gift membership. Bass Pro is sponsoring another membership drive, where for each discounted membership you sign up you will get a $25 Bass Pro gift card. Except this time the promotion is good for gift memberships only. It is definitely a good opportunity for current members to help expand NRA memberships.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/g...gnID=bassprowy

On the page it is not quite clear which party will get the free gift card. I would think that the NRA member giving the gift membership would be the one. In which case you are essentially giving a one-year gift membership for free. But if otherwise, then your gift membership + the gift card would really make an impression.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    I think this crazy b****s sole purpose was to propose an absurd piece of legislation that would be rejected while laying the groundwork for something more subtle...
    EXACTLY!!!

Folks, I hate to pee in everyone's breakfast cereal, but this is NOT a victory! This bill was never designed to EVER be put to a vote!

Its sole purpose was to be so extreme that a host of more "subtle" restrictions would look reasonable in comparison, which would allow the Democrats to squawk with their cronies in the media about how the Republicans are rejecting "reasonable" restrictions on firearms. This will inevitably pressure the incompetent, weak-willed Republicans (of which there are far too many) into voting for these "more reasonable" restrictions.

It's going to start with forced registration, enhanced background checks, and reduced magazine capacity.

Now, where Feinstein's bill is useful is that it shows us exactly what the totalitarians' goals are-- the restrictions in the bill will not pass when taken all together, but if they are separated and proposed individually, I'm pretty confident that most of the provisions in this bill will be passed, in one form or another, by the 2014 midterms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast