Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Why o why (Rant)

Why most gun shop I know close so damn early?
    Most people gets off of work at 5pm. Store I've been meaning to go to that just had grand opening this past weekend close at 6pm. Its 27 mils away, with trafic of stateCollege, I simply can not make it there by 6pm. I maybe able to if i drive like jackass with 5 min to spare, but not much.
    The other gun shop i go to, only open from 3pm to 7pm(recently changed to 8pm after months of bitching, because i donno how many times I drove there after dinner, or other family duty, only to find out it was closed at 7pm.

Gunshop owners - Please most of us have other requirement that needs to be fulfilled before drive off to gunshop, otherwise better half would have my balls.
    Stay open until 8 or 9!
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Centre County)

Default Re: Why o why (Rant)

I have the same beef with my local auto parts stores like Fisher and Napa. Yet they wonder why places like Pep Boys and Advance Auto do so well. Doy!

(Montgomery County)

Same with the 4 local shops. Only 1 is smart enough to stay open late at least 1 day a week. It may be a Friday but I'll take it and they are getting more business from me. I don't see why they don't understand that most of us work from 10am to 6pm and some of us may even work 2 hours away. In fact those of us workign 2 hours away may have more $$ to spend there.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    Same with the 4 local shops. Only 1 is smart enough to stay open late at least 1 day a week. It may be a Friday but I'll take it and they are getting more business from me. I don't see why they don't understand that most of us work from 10am to 6pm and some of us may even work 2 hours away. In fact those of us workign 2 hours away may have more $$ to spend there.
    Aye. I live 20 minutes north of Allentown and work in Philly. I have to cram all my shopping into Saturdays which leaves little time for family.

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Montgomery County)

Wow, you're pretty close to where I am. I choose to do stuff that neess to get done on weekends and sometimes pop into the gun shop. The ones smart enough to understand the little things like reasonable bussiness hours get my $, others can keep complaining how much the internet hurts their sales.

(Cambria County)

Must be an advantage to being a "country boy". But two of the biggest shops around here stay open till 8PM. I love that about them too. One in Johnstown area and one in Duncansville area.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Snyder County)

I agree with you here. I work an hour away from my home and get done work at 5pm. The gun shop (and local distributor for that matter) are only open until 6pm. I can't make it there and do any kind of shopping. So I have to do it on Saturday when I have all my activities planned.

I liked the gun shop where I bought my last 2 pistols in Jersey Shore. He was only open from 6-9pm. It worked great for me!

Mity: What gun shop just opened? I live in State College for a bit and visit there often.

(Washington County)

Same with noroty places.. most of us have to work all day to pay the cash for that bike or car... and wait till Saturday and stand in line to have it transfered.

(Lebanon County)

I know exactly what you guys are talking about, but my work schedule solves that problem for me. (It creates others, but solves that one).
    When people ask me how I can tolerate working second shift, (3 - 11), that's one of the first things I say, less hassle with finding businesses that are open. Another advantage is fewer people patronizing those businesses when I am, and a generally more laid back attitude, it seems like those who can take care of their business earlier in the day aren't as hurried and stressed out as those who have to run their errands in the evening after work.
    Ya gotta take the good with the bad, and the bad for the shop owners who close early is losing business by wanting to work the same hours as "everyone else".

(Tioga County)

I agree with mauser for I too work second shift (3:30-11:30) and get some of the same questions plus you can't spend time with the kids. For one my kids a grownups and not at home plus being able to make appointments for doctors', auto work, seeing my mother to help her out etc. also getting to the range without hardly anybody there because they're working makes that shift work very well for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast