Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Dan Wesson 357

(Cumberland County)

Default Dan Wesson 357

Considering some new grips for my Dan Wesson - haven't been able to confirm anywhere on line what the grip size would be ? Would they be same as a Smith and Wesson letter sizing ? Would they be an "N" ? Wondering if anyone knows. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Dan Wesson 357

A Dan Wesson takes a "Dan Wesson" grip. One of the claims to fame of the Dan Wesson system is that there is no grip frame so changing grips is very easy. I'm pretty sure that there are just two frame sizes, small and large. The .357 uses the small grip.

(Luzerne County)

Check out ebay. I always see grips on there.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    A Dan Wesson takes a "Dan Wesson" grip. One of the claims to fame of the Dan Wesson system is that there is no grip frame so changing grips is very easy. I'm pretty sure that there are just two frame sizes, small and large. The .357 uses the small grip.

Gotcha -thanks ! should have probably taken the grips off first to investigate - I just "assumed" they were the same as S&W ! Thanks !

The Dan Wesson 357 take the small grip with the square hole. The large frames 41, 44, supers take the grips with the round hole. There are all sizes of grips available, from small rounded carry grips to really large target grips. Here is a picture of my 357 with some accessories. At the gun show this weekend I found a set of Pachmayr gripper grips with the fingergrooves that haven't made it into the picture yet.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IraIII View Post
    The Dan Wesson 357 take the small grip with the square hole. The large frames 41, 44, supers take the grips with the round hole. There are all sizes of grips available, from small rounded carry grips to really large target grips. Here is a picture of my 357 with some accessories. At the gun show this weekend I found a set of Pachmayr gripper grips with the fingergrooves that haven't made it into the picture yet.
    Very nice. I think I read somewhere that Dan Wessons all have interchangeable barrles - is that true ? I could then get a new shorter barrel along with the new grips

No all Dan Wesson's do not have interchangeable barrels. There was a line made that had a fixed barrel, to lower the price somewhat. They are more scarce than the interchangeable Dan Wesson's. I have the 2.5 and 6 inch barrels in the picture for mine. The barrels were made in 2.5,4,6,8,10,12,and 15 inch lengths. There were more than one style of barrel also, the early ones had an exposed nut, and the later ones were recessed. There also were two barrel styles the later one shown in my picture, and the earlier one shaped like an L with a leg that went down the front of the frame, it is referred to as a porkchop shroud. CZ now owns Dan Wesson, and still supplies barrels, shrouds, and parts.