Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thank you.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Thank you.

Yes thank you to everyone that showed up and those who contacted the legislature! I think we made a huge impact! We do have friends up there. This happened on day one,

Pennsylvania House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rob Kauffman’s declaration Tuesday that he will not take up a bill aimed at giving people a new way to get guns out of the hands of suicidal or judgement-impaired persons had two early effects at the state Capitol:

• It undeniably has made it that much harder for gun control advocates to get one of their top priorities passed into law in Pennsylvania in the current legislative session.
    • It has re-focused those same advocates’ attention on making sure they are positioned to best advance their cause in the long run by finding legislative leaders who will put modest gun control measures front and center on the agenda.

“We see those as fighting words, not a final declaration,” Shira Goodman, executive director of Ceasefire PA, one of the state’s leading gun control advocacy groups, said about the Franklin County Republican’s declaration. “If that means we’ve got to battle in the Senate or try discharge petitions or try to amend other bills that are moving (to get an extreme risk order bill considered), we’re going to do it."

(Bucks County)

I won't lie folks. I couldn't make it. I am, however, raising my coffee to those of you who did. God bless!
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(York County)

Without the grass roots efforts of PAFOA members this would not have happened, PERIOD. I’m thrilled to be associated with a group that stepped up and took responsibility to make things happen.

A sincere thank you to everyone who contributed (time, money and T-shirts!), showed up, called reps, posted fliers, and even called in to radio shows. Gathering hundreds in Pittsburgh and hundreds more in Harrisburg, on weekdays and short notice; our efforts are being noticed!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Thanks to everyone for your time and organization getting this together.... And a special thanks to those that lead the chants of... "USA.... USA..." during the "mom's" photo OP and press conference. Peaceful yet a bold statement. God bless...
    Last edited by mikelets456; September 26th, 2019 at 08:45 AM.

Nice meeting you guys and thank you for all the work that you all have done. This was my first rally but not my last. We need stay vigilant and United.

(Lehigh County)

THANK YOU!!! To everyone on this forum who organize to attend these rallys, hearings, and are constantly keeping us informed of PA house bills and other legislative happenings. I know much time goes into these things

As one whose life circumstances make it difficult to attend these things as damned much as I would like to I am extremely thankful for all of you who do take the time to show up. I do what I can using my keyboard and phone, but I think physically showing numbers is what makes the most difference.

And while we don't all agree around here on politics, religion, social issues etc the one thing we can gather together around on is our 2A constitutional rights.

Again, to everyone who organizes and attend - THANK YOU!

Thanks to everyone to helped organize, came, or were just with us in spirit because they could not attend.

There were ups and downs. Times I was proud and times I was furious. But, we showed up in huge numbers compared to the other side and I feel we did affect the way the second day's hearing compared to the rished, unfair first day. Thanks if anyone else got on Senator Baker along with me Tuesday evening. She either heard us, or just knew what the right thing to do was. Our speakers made us proud on the second day, while under fierce personal attack, mainly from Senator Farnese. Is he from NJ/NY....he sounds like it.

Justin, Bern...proud of both if you, hope we can continue to work together in the future to have a permanent presence in the Capitol. I told Bern I'm available to volunteer in the future to show up when needed.

Cruzans...welcome to the club. Great meeting you and hope to see you at future events!

Usual breakfast crew...let's do it again.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I won't lie folks. I couldn't make it. I am, however, raising my coffee to those of you who did. God bless!
    Don't worry, all of PAFOA was with us. We're an unstoppable force now.

I invited a guy from York County, a young business owner, to the forum while waiting to get tossed by the police. He asked where my hat (PAFOA cap) came from and I told him all about what we do here and wrote our link on a Post-It note for him. Hopefully he'll join us.

Our hats and shirts get a lot of attention. Great job to everyone who helped provide them.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Also, big thank you to those of you who brought your children. I saw a few on our side, thankfully none on the other side unless I missed them.

They're the future patriots and defenders of our rights. I feel horrible that they got caught up in the police debacle, but they will never forget how they were treated yesterday by those who want to put them into slavery to the Government.

I might bring mine to a future 2A rally, but I might not want to expose them to the ugliness of the left during a contentious hearing. I tend to be very vocal and involved...would not want them to see their father cuffed.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Cruzans is officially our PR guy.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast