Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Developing - 5 killed in Philly naval yard shooting

I also posted over at thehighroad - on cnn.com banner, story still developing.

Perfect timing, right people?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Developing - 5 killed in Philly naval yard shooting

I feel bad for the families. Sounds like a very strange shooting. I just watched the news and it appears to be business related, something about the shooter being an investor in the company.

Police claim he used an "automatic" weapon, but time has proven that police/reporters are not so great at matching up terms with facts.

Of course this will be used to justify disarming the other 99% of law-abiding gun owners who don't hurt anyone.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(York County)

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...5-bdc812986e80

Gunman opens fire at Trolley Square; several people dead.

why do these things happen in threes.

(Montgomery County)

Fast Eddie has got to be gleeful over this one.

Be prepared for the ban.
    Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception. -G. Edward Griffin, The Creature from Jekyll Island

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    why do these things happen in threes.
    "Telefon"?

Whenever I wear my tin foil hat, sometimes it makes me wonder.

(Chester County)

we are on borrowed time in this country with guns. I hate to say this but that is my gut feeling.

Not to be outdone, someone in Salt Lake decided he would also show his stupidity...
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/13/sal....ap/index.html

When will kids learn real guns are not like Nintendos? Guns are not a game, they are serious business! People dont come back once you shoot them just so you can restart the game... Chances are there will be at least one more of these shootings, they always seem to come in 3's then the media quiets down on them.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Not to be outdone, someone in Salt Lake decided he would also show his stupidity...
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/13/sal....ap/index.html

When will kids learn real guns are not like Nintendos? Guns are not a game, they are serious business! People dont come back once you shoot them just so you can restart the game... Chances are there will be at least one more of these shootings, they always seem to come in 3's then the media quiets down on them.
    Ummmm I thought we were training mall security to spot suicide bombers and terrorists. Why didn't the RTF'ers kick into action?

PHILADELPHIA - A gunman fatally shot three men at a business meeting before committing suicide Monday night in an office building at the old Philadelphia Navy Yard, police said.

The gunman appeared to get upset at a board of directors meeting for a company that might have been an investment firm, Deputy Commissioner Richard Ross said. Police were unsure of the name of the company. The gunman shot himself, authorities said. Another man was critically injured, and two others were present but not shot.

The shooting took place in a conference room in a business at the Philadelphia Naval Business Center, police said. Ross described the scene inside the conference room as "utter chaos."

Police received a 911 call at about 8:30 p.m. reporting a shooting in a building at the business park formerly known as the Navy Yard.

The gunman, who had a semiautomatic handgun, got into an argument about "some issue about money" with others at the board meeting, police said.

After the gunman shot the men in the conference room, he shot at police, who returned fire. The gunman then went behind a door and shot himself, police said.

The two men who were not shot had been bound with duct tape, officials said.
    http://www.canada.com/topics/news/wo...a9716c&k=78210

Only one I found. The Utah one is all over though. Only place they had the Philly one was a Canadian online paper.
    Last edited by KeithPA; February 13th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

(York County)

Funny how in Utah and Philly both shooters killed themselves. At the risk of sounding all tinfoil and such, I think we're being set up. Again.

Hope this thing does not turn into another legislation on gun-control. What up with these people owning guns and can't control their own anger! this idiot makes it harder for the law abiding folks living in this state. While I am totally pro-2A, I am very distraught at news like this. In Samurai code, I have heard it said you are only allowed to own swords when you rise above anger and petty emotion. Same case with that kid in Utah mall shooting (shook head)........I wouldn't be surprised that the days of owning firearm freely might be over soon.

1FingrCHan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast