Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: The NRA has officially caved

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    With the anti gun dems holding all the cards, either gun owner apathy or gun rights voters just outnumbered at the voting polls what is the NRA suppose to do, Wave a magic wand and make it all go away?
    They are suppose to fight and not behave like Kevin Bacon in Animal House.
    --ET

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by polishprince View Post
    Let’s just stop and ask ourselves some questions. Who would benefit most from an NRA weakened and torn apart by infighting? And who are experts at setting up a narrative fueled by unproven accusations on the internet,that everybody accepts as gospel? How about some critical thinking here,let’s balance the supposed sins of the fathers (NRA) and how it really affects your day to day life,against what would happen when the gun-grabbers realize there are no more 5.5 million organized voters standing in their way? Why are we letting them do this to us? United we stand,divided we fall.
    What do you mean "supposed" ? NRA fully admits to supporting bumpstock bans and red flag laws.

Who is "we" ? Everything happening with the fall of the NRA is by their own greed and doing.

I did not leave the NRA; the NRA left me.
    --ET

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I hear you, and if it was just coming from the outside, I'd agree with you. The NRA is in a shambles and we know this by the ousting of Oliver North and multiple, long-time, board members walking away. Unfortunately WLP has proven himself far more interested in his wealth and power than he is in protecting the 2A.

None the less, even a full strength NRA could do nothing in VA at this point. There is no fight to be waged when the Dems hold the legislature and the governor's office. The only fight that can be waged will be in the courts after the legislation is in place.

I wasn’t referencing VA in my rant,even tho VA is the cause du jour. Nothing can stop those laws from being passed,short of a Democrat reversal to save their asses in the next election. I love the GOA,but right now all they have are lawyers. The NRA has elbow-bending influence amongst the legislators,born of decades of quid pro quo. A greased palm goes a lot further than a deposition. A thousand dollar suit has more gravitas than a Harvard education. Politics is a dirty game,if it takes dirty players to achieve the best results,well,so be it.
    Freedom ain't free,pass the ammo,let's ride!

(Bucks County)

One of the Virginia legislators, a woman whose name I didn't get, said that the rally will have no affect on the (pending and future) legislation. Sounds about right.

MSM and anti's have been making the NRA the reason for shootings, and too many are buying it.
    The NRA is in a position where it cannot afford to appear unreasonable. It has been compromised within and without.

Negotiations consisting of reasonable argument requires a two-way platform. NRA has a limited number of reasonable legislators to work with. That leaves compromise. Compromise, in my view, is a situation were everyone loses something and it requires leverage on both sides. Sometimes an offer of compromise is the only leverage.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    What do you mean "supposed" ? NRA fully admits to supporting bumpstock bans and red flag laws.

Who is "we" ? Everything happening with the fall of the NRA is by their own greed and doing.

I did not leave the NRA; the NRA left me.
    Well,no,everything happening to the NRA is because they are standing in the way of Bloomberg and all the leftist antisecond amendment propaganda. Ask yourself,when did all this greed and expensive suits nonsense come out? Right...when Bloomberg let loose his money in his presidential bid. And where did that “I didn’t leave the NRA” quote come from? You? Nope,I’ve heard everywhere. It’s a sound byte designed to trigger feelings of resentment,just like Malcom X’s quote of “We didn’t land on Plymouth Rock,it landed on us.” Congratulations,you’ve just been sound byten.
    Freedom ain't free,pass the ammo,let's ride!

I’m putting my money towards GOA now. The NRA has lost it’s way and will never come home.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Compromise, in my view, is a situation were everyone loses something and it requires leverage on both sides. Sometimes an offer of compromise is the only leverage.
    Gun control is almost never compromise. They never give anything, they only take.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Where's that cartoon with the compromise cake?

That's the only kind of compromise the left is interested in.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Where's that cartoon with the compromise cake?

That's the only kind of compromise the left is interested in.
    The left views the cake as poison, and is trying to "protect" everyone by taking the poison away from everyone except for the elite few who they deem qualified to use said poison (and only on those who oppose them, obviously).

Ask any of the gun grabbers if they would agree to ban all firearms from government and law enforcement use at the same time they ban them from private use, and they'll look at you like you have two heads.

And that just confirms they are NOT anti-gun; they are pro-tyranny.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by polishprince View Post
    Well,no,everything happening to the NRA is because they are standing in the way of Bloomberg and all the leftist antisecond amendment propaganda. Ask yourself,when did all this greed and expensive suits nonsense come out? Right...when Bloomberg let loose his money in his presidential bid. And where did that “I didn’t leave the NRA” quote come from? You? Nope,I’ve heard everywhere. It’s a sound byte designed to trigger feelings of resentment,just like Malcom X’s quote of “We didn’t land on Plymouth Rock,it landed on us.” Congratulations,you’ve just been sound byten.
    What a load of crap.

The NRA was selling out it's members long (years, decades) before Bloomberg got involved.
    The final straws for me are what I stated in my post you quoted; which were supporting bumpstock bans and red flag laws.

And that sound byte as you call it; "I did not leave the NRA; the NRA left me." is not for triggering "feelings". It's a phrase that describes the relationship between an organization and an individual.
    --ET

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast