Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default My first handgun -- Glock 19!

Just thought I'd let everyone know I just brought home a Glock 19 Gen3 from Targetmaster. $539.99 +$5 for PICs and state gun + Sales tax = $577 OTD.

Now fielding suggestions for MODs and holsters for CC. Any and all will be read and appreciated. Mostly thinking about some kind of laser. What is possible?

Thanks!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: My first handgun -- Glock 19!

Congrats... great pistol. I love my 19.

Are you going to carry your new Glock IWB or OWB?

As far as lasers go, Crimson Trace makes a nice one for the G19. Also, Lasermax makes a good one. If you just want to throw a good one on the rail, you can't go wrong with a TLR 2... great light and laser combo.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Congrats... great pistol. I love my 19.

Are you going to carry your new Glock IWB or OWB?

As far as lasers go, Crimson Trace makes a nice one for the G19. Also, Lasermax makes a good one. If you just want to throw a good one on the rail, you can't go wrong with a TLR 2... great light and laser combo.
    Not set on either, open for suggestions. I'll look those up,,,thanks for the tips.

(Lancaster County)

I just got mine and believe it is the perfect handgun. I use a Galco Fletch owb for all my guns. Give it a look.

(Bucks County)

Congrats on your purchase. Here's a suggestion. Find a local ffl who will receive a gun / transfer for you at a decent price, like $20-$25. Next, go on gunbroker.com . If you end up buying from a PA dealer, you'll have to pay 6% sales tax, if out of state you don't. Here's a tip. Don't bid till 15min left in auction. I just got NIB 3rd gen Glock 17 off gunbroker for $475 OTD. That crap ppl say bout support local dealers is exactly that, IMO. Be smart and try gunbroker sometime.

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats, that was my first handgun as well.
    My advice is take it to the range and shoot it before deciding on what modifications you'd like. Night sights are a nice addition. I have several kydex holsters from Raven Concealment Systems that I like very much.

(York County)

For an inside the pant, take a look at CBH (Cross Breed Holsters).
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdad View Post
    Just thought I'd let everyone know I just brought home a Glock 19 Gen3 from Targetmaster. $539.99 +$5 for PICs and state gun + Sales tax = $577 OTD.

Now fielding suggestions for MODs and holsters for CC. Any and all will be read and appreciated. Mostly thinking about some kind of laser. What is possible?

Thanks!!!

This would be a laser that would interest me, but they don't have it for the H&K USP Compact.

guide rod laser for glock

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Wielding Nut View Post
    This would be a laser that would interest me, but they don't have it for the H&K USP Compact.

guide rod laser for glock
    I don't have that product myself, but I've seen it installed on a friend's gun and it seemed pretty cool.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats on your new purchase. One bit of advice though... Shoot the living hell out of your new gun before you do any modifications to it what so ever. This being your first handgun, it is essential that you learn how to shoot properly and develop your fundamental skills before starting to rely on do-hickies and gadgets. I would suggest at least putting 1000 rounds down range before you start changing anything up. For one, it will give you a chance to break in your gun. That way if anything goes wrong with it, nobody will say it is your fault for making modifications to it and you should be covered under any warranty. Secondly, it will help you learn proper grip, stance, and sight acquisition and alignment. Become familiar with taking down the gun beyond the basic field stripping to clean it. There are a million and two videos out there on Youtube. Watch them and see how you gun comes apart and goes back together. This will help educate you a little more on what upgrades on the market are easy installs and which require a gunsmith to fit. Most of the stuff for Glocks is pretty much drop in, but there are some things that can be tricky.

Most importantly....Have Fun and Be Safe and Smart!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast