Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Video: Chicago youths practicing their concealed carry draws

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Video: Chicago youths practicing their concealed carry draws

What, no accidental trigger pulls?

(Delaware County)

I saw his a little while ago, and as someone who grew up in a shitty neighborhood in Philly, I can see this through the videographer's eyes a little bit.

Let me preface this by saying, obviously, brandishing a weapon at anyone with the intent to use it, assumed or implied, is illegal, and will get you turned to swiss cheese around the wrong people. We all know this. But stop for a second and look at it through his perspective.

I didn't get the impression that he did this to anyone he didn't already know, personally. He even started with people in his house. Then he goes out onto the streets of Chicago, in his neighborhood, to the other people in his community. Are we going to assume that just because they have guns and are bold about waving them around, that they are also drug dealers, car thieves, and murderers? I didn't see him send an ounce of disrespect to any of the people he talked to, even jokingly feigning fear when someone had a bigger weapon, like a rifle or shotty. All the people he "held up" were smiling, joking, and unthreatening.

Is it just possible that the videographer - a pillar of his neighborhood and protector of their community - was going around to the people he trusted, that he knew would fight to help keep Chicago's criminal garbage out of their territory? To make sure they were ready and willing to defend themselves should an interloper try to take advantage of them or bring some of the rest of Chicago's bad reputation to their doorstep?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, or safe, or appropriate to do this...but he didn't do it to any strangers, and we all know what likely would have happened if he did.

I'm just sayin'.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I saw his a little while ago, and as someone who grew up in a shitty neighborhood in Philly, I can see this through the videographer's eyes a little bit.

Let me preface this by saying, obviously, brandishing a weapon at anyone with the intent to use it, assumed or implied, is illegal, and will get you turned to swiss cheese around the wrong people. We all know this. But stop for a second and look at it through his perspective.

I didn't get the impression that he did this to anyone he didn't already know, personally. He even started with people in his house. Then he goes out onto the streets of Chicago, in his neighborhood, to the other people in his community. Are we going to assume that just because they have guns and are bold about waving them around, that they are also drug dealers, car thieves, and murderers? I didn't see him send an ounce of disrespect to any of the people he talked to, even jokingly feigning fear when someone had a bigger weapon, like a rifle or shotty. All the people he "held up" were smiling, joking, and unthreatening.

Is it just possible that the videographer - a pillar of his neighborhood and protector of their community - was going around to the people he trusted, that he knew would fight to help keep Chicago's criminal garbage out of their territory? To make sure they were ready and willing to defend themselves should an interloper try to take advantage of them or bring some of the rest of Chicago's bad reputation to their doorstep?

I'm not saying it's a good idea, or safe, or appropriate to do this...but he didn't do it to any strangers, and we all know what likely would have happened if he did.

I'm just sayin'.
    Uhhhhhhhhh NO
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

Sad....and Fuckbook has no problem at all allowing this crap to be shared on their medium.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Susquehanna County)

While I agree that it appears that they all knew each other and went along. WAY TOO many had their booger hook on the boom boom switch and the star of the show the magazine looks to be loaded an in the mag well.

Here are my main fusses with the video

-Treat every firearm as if it is loaded
    -Never point a firearm at something you are not willing to destroy
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

dumb

(Philadelphia County)

Quite obviously the individuals in the video have no regard for such safety measures.

(Fayette County)

With that piece of shit clear "extendo clip" in his gun, he probably couldn't get off more than one or two shots without a FTF anyhow.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    With that piece of shit clear "extendo clip" in his gun, he probably couldn't get off more than one or two shots without a FTF anyhow.
    Was it clear?....never seen such for Glocks but I agree that it is probably junk.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast