Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Armed man intervenes when another man was beating a woman

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Sorry, that's not "the world WE live in", that's the world YOU live in.
    No, it's the world WE live in. There are plenty of stories out there of the "victim" of a domestic turning on the stranger who's "riding to the rescue". You can choose to ignore the reality, if you wish, and still interject yourself into a situation where you only assume you know what's going on. It may work out for you. That doesn't change the reality of the world WE live in. It also may end up being the biggest mistake of your life.

Hopefully, neither of us ever has to make that decision. If however, we do...hopefully there's cameras around to show what really happened, in case the "victim" tries to change the story to one where some stranger assaulted/attempted to rob both of them....

(Delaware County)

Depends on her relative attractiveness. Was she good-looking? I'm figuring a Rosie-type should be able to hold her own! Ha, no, I'd intervene. I have intervened.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Tioga County)

The only problem was the guy lived. I would have stepped in. Only a coward beats a woman (even if it is a Rosie O'Donnell type).
    MikeP

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    No, it's the world WE live in. There are plenty of stories out there of the "victim" of a domestic turning on the stranger who's "riding to the rescue". You can choose to ignore the reality, if you wish, and still interject yourself into a situation where you only assume you know what's going on. It may work out for you. That doesn't change the reality of the world WE live in. It also may end up being the biggest mistake of your life.

Hopefully, neither of us ever has to make that decision. If however, we do...hopefully there's cameras around to show what really happened, in case the "victim" tries to change the story to one where some stranger assaulted/attempted to rob both of them....
    And there are just as many, if not more, stories like this one where people have helped and not been vilified. We each make our own decision based on who we want to be.
    The Hostler

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I agree 100% with this one. My mindset is that if I or loved ones I am with are being attacked I will defend myself and them. If its someone else, not worth the post shoot trouble. Sorry, this is the world we live in. I do not want to go through an investigation, be second guessed, possibly face a criminal trial and most likely a civil trial for strangers where I have no clue what was going on. I have people depending upon me to provide for them and would not risk that anymore than absolutely necessary. There is some truth about the old fashioned paradigm of "minding one's own business". The most I would have done based on the reports of the situation was called 911 and yelled at the attacker as I was staying away. Again, IMHO.
    If a male is beating the shit out of a female right in front of you, I'd say you have a pretty good clue what's going on...a guy is beating the shit out of a woman right in front of you. Come on, now, we're trying to have a society, here.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    If a male is beating the shit out of a female right in front of you, I'd say you have a pretty good clue what's going on...a guy is beating the shit out of a woman right in front of you. Come on, now, we're trying to have a society, here.
    pa350z is correct. Lawyers aplenty ARE waiting to prosecute or file suit against you for intervening.

It's your moral obligation to call 911, stand off and monitor from a safe distance. Intervene only in extreme circumstance if the situation warrants (total judgment call), but do not draw firearm unless YOUR life is threatened.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    I agree 100% with this one. My mindset is that if I or loved ones I am with are being attacked I will defend myself and them. If its someone else, not worth the post shoot trouble. Sorry, this is the world we live in. I do not want to go through an investigation, be second guessed, possibly face a criminal trial and most likely a civil trial for strangers where I have no clue what was going on. I have people depending upon me to provide for them and would not risk that anymore than absolutely necessary. There is some truth about the old fashioned paradigm of "minding one's own business". The most I would have done based on the reports of the situation was called 911 and yelled at the attacker as I was staying away. Again, IMHO.
    I feel the same.

(Erie County)

A woman would fall short if she tried to explain before the court that taking a beat down in her home or a public space is normal or she had it coming in a relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    pa350z is correct. Lawyers aplenty ARE waiting to prosecute or file suit against you for intervening.

It's your moral obligation to call 911, stand off and monitor from a safe distance. Intervene only in extreme circumstance if the situation warrants (total judgment call), but do not draw firearm unless YOUR life is threatened.
    If we all conducted ourselves in a manner consistent with the avoidance of any action or activity which could potentially entangle us with some money-grubbing trial lawyer, we'd be hard-pressed to ever leave the house.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Last time i seen a guy beating his girlfriend i just hit him with my truck!
    Was your truck OK?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast