Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Would You Get Into the Trunk?

How would you respond if you where the target of the following robbery?

Robber stuffs Hanover man in trunk on Eisenhower Drive
    STAFF REPORT
    Article Launched: 09/30/2008 08:52:50 AM EDT

A Hanover man locked in the trunk of his car during an armed robbery was able to call a friend for help on his cellular phone, police said.

Just after 9 p.m. Saturday, the 22-year-old man left a business in the 300 block of Eisenhower Drive.

Hanover Police do not release the names of businesses in criminal reports. However, the 300 block of Eisenhower Drive includes stores such as Lowes Home Improvement and Damon's.

The victim was walking to his car in the parking lot when a man approached him with a small, silver handgun, police said.

The robber demanded cash, which the man gave him. The robber then forced the man to get into the trunk of his own car, police said.

The robber closed the trunk and locked the man inside, police said.

After waiting a few minutes to make sure the robber had left the area, the man called a friend and police to get him out of the car. The man was not harmed in the incident, police said.

The gunman is described as a black man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a medium build.

He wore a gray hooded sweatshirt, long pants and a blue bandanna over his face. The gunman left the silver handgun at the scene, police said.

Hanover Police Chief Randy Whitson would not provide further information.
    Last edited by padowser; October 6th, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: grammer error
    Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
    Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
    Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.

Default Re: Would You Get Into the Trunk?

Nope

the gunman left the silver handgun at the scene
    what's wrong with that picture
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Lancaster County)

It was a fake gun... thats all i can think. No way i'd get into the trunk, how did the guy know the robber would not drive the car out in the road, get out and leave... For a semi to smash into it... I'd rather die in a rush for the gun, (and i'm sure you all know how hard it is to hit something moving with a gun held waste high) then die a slow and sure death later.

(Bucks County)

No.

If a robber had the drop on me, I guess I give up wallet. If I'm in some store robbery, but there's no immediate risk of violence, I'm a good witness.

But I will not consent to be tied up, or moved to a second crime scene.

(Chester County)

I know my car better than the robber. I'll fight if he actually restrains me, but I have two exits from my trunk, even if my keys are with the bad guy. (Emergency trunk lid release and the pullstrap for passenger seating access are both on the trunk facing side.) My .22 and lots of ammo are usually in my trunk as well. He may think he's won, but even if he does stuff me in there unarmed, I guarantee I'll be coming back out moments later - and equalizing the playing field. If you familiarize yourself well with the layout and workings of your home/vehicle/etc, you will have more of a chance of forcing an attacker to play by your rules, in any scenario.

This is assuming that he gets the drop on me in a fashion where I don't think I have a chance of disarming him without harm to myself.
    Last edited by KnightZero; October 6th, 2008 at 11:08 AM.
    KnightZero - Zombie Killing Mercenary Watchman for hire. Will work for food.

http://kn1ght-z3r0.livejournal.com/tag/firearms - My firearms, and my ramblings on the Open Carry Movement.

(Indiana County)

No, getting into the trunk is dumb.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by padowser View Post
    How would you respond if you where the target of the following robbery?

The victim was walking to his car in the parking lot when a man approached him with a small, silver handgun, police said.

The robber demanded cash, which the man gave him. The robber then forced the man to get into the trunk of his own car, police said.

The robber closed the trunk and locked the man inside, police said.

After waiting a few minutes to make sure the robber had left the area, the man called a friend and police to get him out of the car. The man was not harmed in the incident, police said.

The gunman is described as a black man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a medium build.

He wore a gray hooded sweatshirt, long pants and a blue bandanna over his face. The gunman left the silver handgun at the scene, police said.

Hanover Police Chief Randy Whitson would not provide further information.
    Contrary to PC philosophy, profiling works and THIS perp would NOT have gotten within 50 yards of me without my hand on my non-silver handgun.

(Lehigh County)

No...

What's the Term...."Secondary Crime Scene"?.

In a case like that, I'd try to do as much PERMANENT damage (ruptured testicles, bites, crushed bones in the foot, etc.) before he shot me....that's assuming I was in a 'Free' State like NJ and couldn't carry something to shoot back with, just to make it easier for the police to identify the guy that killed me. The moment the guy said "get in the trunk", he has just told you he is going to kill you. NO jury (or prosecutor) will convict you for shooting back at that time....I don't care if he has a Daisy BB Gun pointed at you, and you shoot back with a 105mm Howitzer (from your Crotch Holster), nobody will convict you.

AFARR

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Contrary to PC philosophy, profiling works and THIS perp would NOT have gotten within 50 yards of me without my hand on my non-silver handgun.
    +1 to that. anyone wearing something to cover their face while walking towards me will be taking it off at gunpoint. black or white, it doesn't matter; the victim should have known that, unless it was Batman or the Lone Ranger, a masked man is up to no good, ever.

105mm crotch gun! I need one of those.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast