Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Carrying through small stretch Of Maryland on I81

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    More than a little.

I've been stopped (recently) in Maryland and firearms were never even brought up. I was trying to use a wireless charger for my cell phone, and it wouldn't sit on the charger, so I was holding it, to keep in charging. Got pulled over for "Using a hand-held cell phone"....got warned not to to that in the nanny state, and sent on my way.
    You're not being paranoid if they are really out to get you. Maryland police will use the light from a cell phone screen as an excuse to stop somebody and hopefully nail them with a fine. My cousin got stopped just for turning on her cell phone screen to see if she had any message and ended up with a $70.00 fine.

Was I being paranoid when that MD State Trooper was apparently running my plates for no apparent reason other than I had PA plates?

And for what it's worth, the dark MD State Police cars can blend in very well with adjacent foliage and you will not see them until it's long after it's too late.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    ....And for what it's worth, the dark MD State Police cars can blend in very well with adjacent foliage and you will not see them until it's long after it's too late.
    Speaking of which, what's with the new dark grey PSP vehicles? They are phasing out the bright white, and how are we supposed to spot those things miles ahead? I should have taken a few pics of them on the way to State College last week!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Speaking of which, what's with the new dark grey PSP vehicles? They are phasing out the bright white, and how are we supposed to spot those things miles ahead? I should have taken a few pics of them on the way to State College last week!
    That's so PA can join VA in the "Most Troopers hit from behind while on the side of the highway" championship. You CAN't see 'em in the dusk or dark.

On topic, I was living in Winchester, and had to work in PA three or four days a week, so I did 81 through MD almost daily. Only time I ever got pulled over was for using a handie-talkie...exempt from the hand-held device law. I can also use scanners in NJ, which REALLY pisses them off!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

Sorry for such a late reply to this thread, but I only get in here infrequently.

I'd route around the Peoples Republic of Maryland if at all possible. Same with New Jersey and New York.

(Chester County)

Side note...if stopped going over 80mph in Virginia, you may receive a Wreckless Driving charge and be REQUIRED to appear.
    Officer Friendly was just that in my case and dropped it enough to save me the hassle.

Welcome to Penna.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by howard stiffy View Post
    Side note...if stopped going over 80mph in Virginia, you may receive a Wreckless Driving charge and be REQUIRED to appear.
    Officer Friendly was just that in my case and dropped it enough to save me the hassle.
    When I am in front of the judge, I will offer the following excuse:

"Yes, your honour, I admit to driving wrecklessly. I do it all the time. My goal, for every trip in my vehicle is to be wreckless. I am not ashamed of it either. Nothing will change my position on this matter. My ability to drive wreckless is unparalleled and, if you like, we can go for a drive right now and you will see just how wreckless I can be!"

I took the good advice offered by some and went around Maryland. It took a couple of extra hours but we got to see some beautiful country! Now I need to get hooked up with some members to go shooting! If anyone is interested send me a PM. I’m in Mechanicsburg. Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Welcome ! I see you are close to Harrisburg - please try to make the Rally April 30th !!!! and meet some Pafoa members (-:

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by howard stiffy View Post

Welcome to Penna.
    +15 over gets you that. Along with a few other things.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Definitely want to make the rally! Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast