Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Wyoming County)

Default NRA-ILA turns off their review/rating on FB

Went to leave a 1 star review on the ILA Facebook page, and delivered my comment in a straight forward but non-vulgar manner after prompting from the Military Arms channel.

Just checked back and either I am banned or they have turned off the function because they are getting a shitstorm of bad reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalRif...?fref=mentions
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Default Re: NRA-ILA turns off their review/rating on FB

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Went to leave a 1 star review on the ILA Facebook page, and delivered my comment in a straight forward but non-vulgar manner after prompting from the Military Arms channel.

Just checked back and either I am banned or they have turned off the function because they are getting a shitstorm of bad reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/NationalRif...?fref=mentions

I do not see a place where you can leave a review either.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I do not see a place where you can leave a review either.
    It was there when I first went with numerous 1 star ratings flowing below it.

Now it's all gone.

They are getting shit in every post. I wonder if they realize yet just what they've done? They may feel like Admiral Yamamoto
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 26th, 2018 at 11:00 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I keep getting renewal notices.
    I've joined GOA in place of instead of in addition to the NRA.

I didn't want to get to this point because without the NRA, the antis have no "group" to fear, but I'm not renewing at this point.
    I will be letting them know why too, because simply "not joining" doesn't tell the anything. They need to know "why".

(Bucks County)

The GAO is like preaching to the choir for people here. But for preaching to the politicians and gun owning masses that vote.............sorry, they aint shit.

I know this will piss some people off (and it even pisses me off) but if the NRA loses their clout we are all Fucked.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    The GAO is like preaching to the choir for people here. But for preaching to the politicians and gun owning masses that vote.............sorry, they aint shit.

I know this will piss some people off (and it even pisses me off) but if the NRA loses their clout we are all Fucked.

Any proof of that?
    Remember the ILA fights the battles and they are only a part of the NRA and it's not like the NRA is very forthcoming with data to their members.

The media and the gun grabbers need their boogie man which is the NRA regardless if they are involved or not. I can tell you there are a shit ton of posts over on the NRA's Facebook page right now from their members in Mass and NJ asking where the hell they are and what do they plan to do and it's all nothing but crickets from what I see.

Banning members, closing down comments and turning your back on the people who support you isn't going to gain them anymore members and only sends people over directly over to the GOA making them more a more viable option, hell they might as well just put a forwarding link right up on their page to the GOA. The GOA has support in WDC and that will continue to grow over time especially once people realize they actually don't need the greedy obtuse minds in the NRA.

Let's hope they change their way starting from the inside out but until then it's time to start rallying around other options.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 27th, 2018 at 12:33 AM.

MAC and a lot of others were banned from NRA's pages. The NRA pages have been getting hit hard over their support of the whole bump stock/"rate increasing device" deal. Then on top of that the shenanigans they have been caught pulling trying to stack the board in their favor and keeping Adam Kraut from being on the board. I am just glad more people are seeing the NRA for what they actually are.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post

Better quit sniveling and read this post again.

I don't recall the last time any faction won a war by trying to destroy its own allies.

The gun-banners fear the NRA. The NRA is less than perfect, as any large group is, but so what? If you join the Left in attacking the NRA, you will be judged by your new friends.

The NRA encouraged ATF to take another look at the statutes regarding machine guns & bump stocks. The alternative was for Congress to revise the statutes, change the definition of "machine gun" so that it includes bump stocks.

If ATF looks at a law that defines an MG as a gun that fires more than one shot per pull or function of the trigger, and they look at bump stocks, they should end up saying "we were right the first time" and move on. If Congress revises the law, then bump stocks are gone, just like SAW's were gone from 1994-2004.

Stop attacking the fighters on your own side of the trench. You don't have to support the NRA, you don't even have to vote for Republicans. But stop giving aid and comfort to the enemy, who is laughing at you.

If I had a web page that allowed people to leave comments, I expect that I'd periodically notice that the jackals were goading their minions to swarm and overwhelm it with mass "opinions" that were no more valid than bot postings. And I'd shut down comments until the next shiny object distracted them. That's the new dynamic in America, we get mobs of frothy, enraged-for-this-minute folks who safely join in lynching the NRA or Trump or Harvey Weinstein (he deserves it, though) or bump stocks or acid rain or Islamophobes or homophobes or whatever the current Minute of Hate designates for our mindless wrath. As a free citizen who does his own thinking, I choose not to participate in witch hunts; I will not be one of the villagers storming the castle with a pitchfork just because there's safety in numbers.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast