Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4473 Question

(York County)

Default Re: 4473 Question

Give it about a year and half, and your gun shop will call and ask you to come in and correct the forms that the PSP returned. The state police, who are supposed to destroy the form within 72 hours of an approval, have a backlog that large, trying to get the ‘non-registry’ registry updated with all your purchases. When questioned about it they will blatantly ignore the state laws that require the forms be destroyed.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Centre County)

An incorrect answer in the buyers info blocks on the 4473 probably won't trigger anything even if it is being looked at by the ATF during a compliance inspection. In my experience they are looking for unfilled blocks, missing signatures, firearm description matching the firearm type block, things like that. They might question two different counties if they had two from the same person one right after another where they MIGHT notice it. On the SP4-113's that I have gotten back from the PSP for corrections, it's always been missing signatures, incorrect dates, or a block that is supposed to be marked not marked. I've never had one returned for what was written in the buyers info blocks. I don't think they even worry about the buyers employment/employer info any more.

Then, about the 4473, no one sees that form other than the customer, FFL, an ATF agent doing an inspection or if it is subpoenaed by a court (if a LEO doing an investigation asks to see one, a FFL legally can say no if the LEO doesn't have something issued by a judge or the FFL can be a nice guy and let the LEO see it).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So you don't know where you live? Where do your local taxes go? What school district are you in? How does one not know what county they live in?
    my first thought as well.

Even as a new resident, renting a place to live, I know what county I live in.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mammrm View Post
    I guess my question is more of, I passed the background checks with both counties and apparently nothing on the one? So..what do I do from there? Because if there was a problem or they needed to further review them I wouldve been delayed or denied?
    Just tell them you made a mistake on the form because you didn’t know what county you live in.

(Monroe County)

Just take your dogs to the vet so they go in piece before the popo get there.

Ok non funny answer.

Not good but not that bad. People live on the edges of places and they shift. If the street addr is correct it's no biggie.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Do you happen to have a vehicle registered at your correct address? Your county should show on your Registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Do you happen to have a vehicle registered at your correct address? Your county should show on your Registration.
    Just looked at one of mine. No county noted.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Yeah, just because your city and county are the same thing doesn’t mean that the rest of us have it that way.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, just because your city and county are the same thing doesn’t mean that the rest of us have it that way.
    Maybe it has something to do with emissions. 73167FC4-0071-44D1-B4E4-5DC3375535B6.jpg

(Wayne County)

I live in Sterling township Wayne county but all of my mail goes thru Moscow PO Lackawanna county. All of my IDs have Moscow on them. When I fill out the 4473 I put Wayne county because that’s the actual county I live in. Sad part, WE HAVE A PO IN STERLING, GO FIGURE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast