Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: can a felon hunt with a black powder rifle?

Yeah that sucks. I know a couple people that are prohibited, but still hunt.
    I'm sure it's not that uncommon. It's no coincidence that they own a number of black powder guns because they don't require background checks, which makes it all the more confusing. BTW I'm not endorsing this behavior it just sucks.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

Well in my book felon= shouldn't ever be allowed to own any kind of gun, period! Just my .03c.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    Well in my book felon= shouldn't ever be allowed to own any kind of gun, period! Just my .03c.
    Well, that is how we have it now.

I think you'll find a lot of people disagree with you.

I have a good friend (used to be a gun dealer) who is now prohibited for life because the IRS disagreed with my friends accountant.

Hope your happy.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Well, that is how we have it now.

I think you'll find a lot of people disagree with you.

I have a good friend (used to be a gun dealer) who is now prohibited for life because the IRS disagreed with my friends accountant.

Hope your happy.
    I completely agree. I hope I'm not going too off-topic here but a lifetime restriction of your rights should be an explicit part of sentencing and not part of a default sentence. This one-size-fits-all approach is a joke. Soon, you'll find the easiest way to ban guns is to make jaywalking a felony.

I think all gun owners should be wary of this as the criteria for such a blanket will continue to expand.

(Berks County)

I think certain felonies need to include the loss of gun ownership. But this idea that ANY felony = no guns sucks.

In this particular case, I think it should depend on what drug, and what exact crime was comitted. Had a dimebag of weed in your pocket? I don't think that should even BE a felony.

Dealing crack? No guns for you.
    Last edited by BerksCountyDave; November 21st, 2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: I suck at typing today.

(Delaware County)

Thank you for your replys everyone. I contacted the game commision and was told to contact a state rep. Im going to do so. I highly doubt it would be legal but its worth a shot. I just find it hard to understand how it is illegal for myself to posses an object that can be ordered from a magazine or sold at a local sporting goods store with no paperwork required. I guess I'am more frusterated than anything else. I thought I might have found a loop hole. I never had any idea that a stupid decision to make a quick buck when I was 19 could cost me a lifetime of my right to have firearms. I thought at the time that I just wouldnt be allowed to get hand guns as a result.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom19073 View Post
    Thank you for your replys everyone. I contacted the game commision and was told to contact a state rep. Im going to do so. I highly doubt it would be legal but its worth a shot. I just find it hard to understand how it is illegal for myself to posses an object that can be ordered from a magazine or sold at a local sporting goods store with no paperwork required. I guess I'am more frusterated than anything else. I thought I might have found a loop hole. I never had any idea that a stupid decision to make a quick buck when I was 19 could cost me a lifetime of my right to have firearms. I thought at the time that I just wouldnt be allowed to get hand guns as a result.
    While I understand where you're coming from, I'm having a really hard time feeling sorry for you. That's not meant to be an attack on you. I'm just saying you knew you were breaking the law, and now you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom19073 View Post
    Thank you for your replys everyone. I contacted the game commision and was told to contact a state rep. Im going to do so. I highly doubt it would be legal but its worth a shot. .....
    If you want to discuss changing the law with your state rep, fine, but you are prohibited from possessing anything that goes "bang" and emits a projectile. Even if you find someone who says otherwise, they are wrong, so don't shop around for answers. It is NOT a defense to unlawful possession that your state rep said it was OK, or that the Sergeant at the local PSP barracks said you could. The law is the law, and this one is particularly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post

I don't know the details of your friend's offense, but there are some "white collar" exceptions to the prohibitions.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If you want to discuss changing the law with your state rep, fine, but you are prohibited from possessing anything that goes "bang" and emits a projectile. Even if you find someone who says otherwise, they are wrong, so don't shop around for answers. It is NOT a defense to unlawful possession that your state rep said it was OK, or that the Sergeant at the local PSP barracks said you could. The law is the law, and this one is particularly clear.
    Yep.

To the OP, if you want to hunt, buy an air rifle and shoot squirrels and rabbits. You did the crime, now you're reaping what you sewed. Sorry.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast