Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: House Weighs Bill to Make Gun Permits Valid Across State Lines Read more: http:/

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    It will not help you to carry in NJ. But your FL permit would then be honored in 48 other states....IL still off limits.
    Again, with the NJ laws of transport, to be 100% legal then we are still screwed! This state sucks ass for gun owners and 2A guys and gals!
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

(Chester County)

Default Re: House Weighs Bill to Make Gun Permits Valid Across State Lines Read more: http:/

Quote Originally Posted by JDrini-NJ View Post
    Again, with the NJ laws of transport, to be 100% legal then we are still screwed! This state sucks ass for gun owners and 2A guys and gals!
    Yup - HR822 is impotent in your state of residence; it only applies when you are out-of-state.
    IANAL

(Lancaster County)

You seem to have given me the best answers in the past, so I pose this question to you tl_3237...

What will this do for a NJ resident with a Florida permit? Please explain in simple terms so all will understand, including me. Thank you in advance.
    What this will do for you is give you an ironclad 14th amendment lawsuit to get a NJ carry license on the basis that everyone in the country can carry in NJ except you. You WILL get a NJ license because the state and judge have ZERO case to withhold it from you.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I hope you and all of them first consider the fact that this isn't intervention in states' business but enforcement of a civil right that is being abused by NY, NJ, MD, RI, and CA. HR822 is nothing different than enforcing de-segregation of restaurants and schools, in fact the most accurate way to see it is that it's de-segregating NY, NJ, MD, RI, and CA for us lawful gun owners and LTCF holders.
    This is the most succinct and reasonable explanation I've read so far.

My thoughts on this Bill are: 1) How likely is it to really pass and become law? Wayne LaPierre seems optimistic, but does it really have a chance?
    2) If this does pass, how does that effect the 'scope' of our LTCFs? Will our LTCFs really be valid in NJ, MD, NY, NYC, DE? As I read it, if the state that you're travelling in has a permit/license provision on the books (which these jurisdictions have), and you have your PA LTCF, then those states must recognize your license to carry.
    If this is true, I could forsee massive resistance and outrage from states like NJ and MD. I would imagine that we would see LTCF holders categorically arrested when carrying in these states, despite what the law says. We've seen this type of behavior in Philly, with open carriers being detained and roughed up.
    Does anyone have reliable and succinct info on what the bill would actually do for the PA LTCF holder with regards to surrounding states?

(York County)

I have a fire arms ID in NJ and can carry it unloaded with ammo in another place. If my gun is in my range bag and my ammo is in my glove box I am fine. Once in PA or DE I can pull over and load it and put it on my person.
    ^ About one month ago.

^ Yesterday. What a difference a month makes.

Although it sucks, aren't you glad you now know the reality of NJ laws?

As my father was so fond of saying, "Forewarned is forearmed."
    So now if you want to make that trip into PA, you know what you can do, and what you have to avoid, in order to do so legally. Yes, it truly sucks, but better to stay away from the traps and fight the battles in the legislature than in the courts.

And I think you would find a rather numerous and friendly group over here waiting for you,
    to get a taste of the liberty NJ is denying you.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Cool Re: House Weighs Bill to Make Gun Permits Valid Across State Lines Read more: http:/

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    ^ About one month ago.

^ Yesterday. What a difference a month makes.

Although it sucks, aren't you glad you now know the reality of NJ laws?

As my father was so fond of saying, "Forewarned is forearmed."
    So now if you want to make that trip into PA, you know what you can do, and what you have to avoid, in order to do so legally. Yes, it truly sucks, but better to stay away from the traps and fight the battles in the legislature than in the courts.

And I think you would find a rather numerous and friendly group over here waiting for you,
    to get a taste of the liberty NJ is denying you.
    Makes a huge difference when you take the time to read and re-read and read some more and dig and most of all LISTEN! It sucks, but why be the lab rat if you don't have to and can't afford to. Thanks to all on the board that made me see the light. But, this state still sucks! LOL
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123