Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Sig P938 vs. Kimber Ultra vs. Kahr PM9

Looking at a few new carry guns. Narrowed it down to a Sig P938, Kimber Ultra (9 or .45) and a Kahr CM/PM9. Anyone have experience with any of them? I've handled them all and own a full size 1911, but am still not sure what I want.

Also on my list:
    Springfield XDS
    Walther PPS
    G36

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Sig P938 vs. Kimber Ultra vs. Kahr PM9

I have a Sig 938 Extreme. IMO it's the same deal as when the 238's were released. I have the same problem as first run 238. At least 1 FTE out of every magazine. My friend has one , he has far less problems but still enough to not have it as an EDC. I run 600 rounds through mine so far and no improvement. I'm selling it to a friend that knows it's history but still wants it.
    The XDS on the other hand has been 100% awesome. My boss has one & we've put several hundred rounds downrange with not 1 hiccup. Mine is on order and should be here this week. As long as it's like his I will carry with confidence.
    I've had 2 Kahrs (P380, CW9) no problems with either . Both are fine pistols. I just don't care for Kahr's religious connections.
    The Walther
    PPS is another great pistol no problems with mine. I'm sorry I sold it to fund the 938.

(Montgomery County)

Glock 19

but if not then id say a sig that wasnt a 238/938 or an XDS. Ive heard the PPS develops problems but it is a sweet gun

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Glock 19

but if not then id say a sig that wasnt a 238/938 or an XDS. Ive heard the PPS develops problems but it is a sweet gun
    I have a G22 and G23 haha

(Allegheny County)

+1 on the Kahr cm9. 100% trouble free from the box, it eats 124 +P no problem. I only carry the 6 round mags, I hear the 7 rounders have issues. The only thing I don't care for is the plastic front sight but that can be upgraded.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Centre County)

Question Re: Sig P938 vs. Kimber Ultra vs. Kahr PM9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoli06 View Post
    I have a G22 and G23 haha
    Why don't you like the G23 for carry? Mine was very easy to conceal,IMO. If you want another gun, I'm all for it, but maybe you should be looking at better holsters?

What about a G27 to get the Glock .40 trifecta?

To answer your original question, my vote is PPS and/or a 9mm conversion barrel for your 22 or 23.......
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Allegheny County)

PPS, it works while the others often are problematic. Would not give Kimber a dime with the trash they make and Sig's are so spotty any more. The very first comment against the PPS I have ever read was in this thread a few posts up.

I also second the holster. Not sure why so many people go with inferior junk guns in less than ideal chamberings when their real issue lies in the POS holster they are using.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Would not give Kimber a dime with the trash they make

Not sure why so many people go with inferior junk guns in less than ideal chamberings
    Wow ... I guess you should tell Kimber their sales figures dont allude to the fact that they make trash. Perhaps my Kimber that has seen a few thousand rounds without a single failure needs to know this too.

Ideal chamberings ... ideal to who? You? Whatever happened to the "carry what you are comfortable with"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Wow ... I guess you should tell Kimber their sales figures dont allude to the fact that they make trash. Perhaps my Kimber that has seen a few thousand rounds without a single failure needs to know this too.
    Sales figures hardly line up with quality. And when you sell a majority of your guns to people who don't shoot... Well, you can see where I am going.

Gonna go grab some popcorn now because I told the truth and every Kimber owner is gonna come in and tout how they have five Kimber Ninja Models with 9,000 flawless rounds through each of them without ever cleaning them.

Point is for their price you should be getting better...

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Ideal chamberings ... ideal to who? You? Whatever happened to the "carry what you are comfortable with"
    Ideal as in effective as in not .32ACP or crap like that. 9mm, .40, .45... Carry what you are comfortable with is a line of crap that people use to rationalize things.

If all handguns suck at stopping people why pick from the bottom of the barrel?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ideal as in effective as in not .32ACP or crap like that. 9mm, .40, .45... Carry what you are comfortable with is a line of crap that people use to rationalize things.

If all handguns suck at stopping people why pick from the bottom of the barrel?
    How about a Kel-tec PMR-30? 30 rounds of .22 Magnum could be a life saver if ever flash mobbed by a bunch of rabid squirrels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast