Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Jury Duty in Doylestown...

Well.. I got selected for Jury Duty in January. I'm definitely not looking to be the test case for "I have a weapon, can you put it in a storage locker.

Regardless, has anyone tried carrying to a courthouse and asking the gaurd to secure your weapon?

And.... What can I expect when being on a Jury?

(Union County)

Default Re: Jury Duty in Doylestown...

Yes, I enter the county court house armed all the time---they have lock boxes and the "guard" for lack of a better word hands hand me a key whenever he sees me.

The Sheriffs office is in the court house and business there a good bit.

Darn must be nice to get jury duty---any time I get called, I call them back and they tell me that I am disqualified for jury duty---darn I would like to sit on a jury.

grizz
    Last edited by GRIZZLYBEAR; December 2nd, 2006 at 12:26 PM. Reason: content

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLYBEAR View Post
    Yes, I enter the county court house armed all the time---they have lock boxes and the "guard" for lack of a better word hands hand me a key whenever he sees me.

The Sheriffs office is in the court house and business there a good bit.

Darn must be nice to get jury duty---any time I get called, I call them back and they tell me that I am disqualified for jury duty---darn I would like to sit on a jury.

grizz
    I was kind of mad at first (I found out what they pay you), but then I found out my company policy is to pay you your regular wage while on jury duty. I don't even have to take a PTO day.

It should be pretty nifty, I really don't know what to expect!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Smykal View Post
    Well.. I got selected for Jury Duty in January. I'm definitely not looking to be the test case for "I have a weapon, can you put it in a storage locker.

Regardless, has anyone tried carrying to a courthouse and asking the gaurd to secure your weapon?

And.... What can I expect when being on a Jury?
    Glad you posted this. I too was selected for Jury Duty in January. In our county we call in the evening before to see if we are needed. Years ago I did serve as a juror on a murder trial and If needed I will serve now.

I understand the law on courthouse carry and will probably lock mine in car.

(Philadelphia County)

Congratulations on your Jury Duty notification.

You are the last check and balance in the system.

PLEASE, inform yourself to your rights of "Jury Nullification"

I've gotten called for Jury Duty three times this year.

Too bad I havent lived in the state of Delaware for about six years. I wonder why they keep on calling me.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    I understand the law on courthouse carry and will probably lock mine in car.
    Keystone, I would opt to have it locked safe in the Court House locker than trust it in your car with a chance of it getting broken into plus you will protected with your arm with you while you are going to and from your vehicle.

I got called for Jury Duty a few years back. I called them and told them I was in Okinawa. The clerk on the other side said, and what county is that in? I almost choked.

I explained it was in Japan, and he said, how long will it take you to get here? I asked to speak to his supervisor, and his supervisor said, Okinawa? Well you are excuses, you will be removed from our list, until I renew my driver's license and reregister to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZLYBEAR View Post
    Why are you always disqualified?
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Having seen an outline of Grizz on one of his pictures, I asume they dont make the seats big enough. Think Juggernaught from X-Men.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Union County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    CR

I am disqualified due to my employment. I work as Guard at a Level 5 or Max-Security State Prison and that's a big time disqualifier for criminal cases.

grizz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast