Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default GOA ALERT: Oct 5 2017 Email/Call Pres Trump to Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rights

GOA ALERT: Oct 5 2017 Email/Call Pres Trump to Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rights

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=404353

Republicans Coming Under Fierce Pressure to Buckle on Gun Rights

EMAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP WITH GOA PRE-WRITTEN MESSAGE HERE: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=404353
    CALL PRESIDENT TRUMP HERE: 202-456-1111

Everyone at Gun Owners of America was extremely troubled and saddened to see the tragic and terrifying report of the shooting in Las Vegas.

GOA and all our employees send the sincerest prayers to the victims, their families, and all involved in this heartbreaking incident.

At the same time, it is disturbing to see anti-gun politicians and celebrities politicizing the tragedy by calling for further restrictions on guns.

They are blaming gun owners like you for what an evil man did.

And some Republicans in Washington are feeling the pressure to “do something.” Even President Trump said that, “We’ll be talking about gun laws as time goes by.”

Gun Owners of America has been on the front lines all week, answering the “tough” questions.

We have frequently been asked by media outlets around the country -- even around the world -- to “justify” why Americans should own guns.

Of course, we remind them that we have a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs.

But our message is clear: We cannot blame gun owners, the gun itself, or the liberties protected in the Second Amendment for how evil people abuse that freedom.

The vast majority of gun owners -- like yourself -- handle their firearms responsibly.

Guns are being used every day to save lives -- and good Americans have even used their firearms to stop mass shootings.

GOA is also emphasizing that no amount of gun control will stop bad guys from getting their hands on firearms.

We pointed out during one TV debate that many of the countries in Europe -- with all their gun control -- still have a higher rate of Mass Shootings per capita than does the United States.

Even though France has far stricter gun restrictions than we do, that country saw more people die in mass shootings in 2015 than were killed in all the U.S. mass shootings during Obama’s presidency.

You can go to our website to view some of our media debates or stories that we have posted.

* Fiery GOA Debate with a Brit on CNN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTpKl2V5vFM&t=1s
    * GOA Debates Gun Controller After Las Vegas Shooting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqIq...ateAlert100417
    * Different Reactions in the Gun Lobby to Vegas Shooting
    http://www.gunowners.org/good-guy-gu...rc=Alert100417
    * Gun Owners of America Fights for AR-15s Before Supreme Court
    http://www.gunowners.org/erich-pratt...rc=Alert100417
    * GOA Responds to Las Vegas Shooting
    http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017...utm_source=goa
    * GOA Schools an Aussie on the Ultimate Reason for Firearms
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q78jU2as-EI

It’s a sad day, when those who hate our constitutionally-protected liberties try to turn a time for grieving into an opportunity to punish you and restrict your freedoms.

But we will stand together to oppose them.

Please take action to encourage President Trump to remain firm and to resist every effort to compromise our rights.
    EMAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP WITH GOA PRE-WRITTEN MESSAGE HERE: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app...ementId=404353

Thank you for helping keep GOA on the front lines.

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
    Executive Director

P.S. Please urge President Trump to stand strong against any and all attacks upon our Second Amendment-protected rights. The pre-written letter will remind him that Universal Background Checks will not stop lunatics like the Las Vegas shooter -- given that he passed background checks to purchase his guns -- and will reiterate there is NO gun control law that criminals will obey!

------------

Text of pre-written GOA email included below for reference.

------------

In the wake of the Las Vegas shooting, Democrats in Congress are rearing up to shred the Second Amendment.

But I'm sure that you will agree that there is NO gun control law that criminals will obey.

Universal Background Checks will not stop lunatics like the Las Vegas shooter. He actually passed background checks to purchase his guns.

And banning firearms or their accessories will not stop bad guys from acquiring them. Hence the reason that many of the countries in Europe -- with all their gun control -- still have a higher rate of Mass Shootings per capita than does the United States.

In fact, here in the United States, 91 percent of rank-and-file police say that a ban on so-called "assault weapons" will have either no effect or a negative effect on crime.

I hope that you will look at this debate between Gun Owners of America and a gun control radical, as the GOA spokesman forcefully makes these arguments above: http://gunowners.me/2kjd5Ii

And I hope that you will resist every Second Amendment restriction that Congressional Democrats throw at you.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me and GOA's 1.5 million supporters.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Oct 5 2017 Email/Call Pres Trump to Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rig

sent

Default Re: GOA ALERT: Oct 5 2017 Email/Call Pres Trump to Defend 2nd Amendment Protected Rig

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    sent
    Ditto!!
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Delaware County)

Looks like I found a new 2nd Amenment group to join...NRA lost my support.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    GOA is the shiznit.
    They have been doing great work for a long time.
    1.5 million members and growing.
    Berncly <------- GOA Life Member.
    I still think the NRA is important, and I am an NRA Life Member also.
    But if you're angry with them, or can only choose one, the GOA is excellent and well worth supporting.

(Washington County)

Sent

Called NRA and expressed my displeasure with the statement. Also canceled my wife's membership. Let the NRA they will not get any more money from until statement is retracted.

(Montgomery County)

If people feel the need to make a statement to the NRA, please divert the money to the GOA or other pro gun political group.
    Don't let our side take a net loss due to the NRA's blunder.
    The GOA is in the the thick of the fight and they need all the donations they can get.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    that's foolish.

no other 2nd A group has more influence in DC than the NRA

how many politicians have you heard talk about GOA? .....NONE

they may get invited to some newscasts but that's about it

donate to both

by the way, how many bump stocks do you own?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    that's foolish.
    donate to both
    I agree with Middle on this.
    But if people just gotta do it, then redirect the money to another pro gun group.

Just one point, the GOA is one of the most feared pro gun lobby groups on the Hill.
    They get a lot of traction, they get a lot of response.
    The reason is because the GOA was founded by a retired Senator, and he knows all the back rooms in DC, and all the Congressional procedures.
    The GOA specializes in understanding the process by which laws are formulated, and then directing their membership to intervene directly where it has the most impact.
    They essentially forced the fog of governance into the light of day, and the people's representatives can no longer hide behind vague voting procedures.
    The GOA is very effective in doing this.
    If someone told me they could only join one group, I would suggest the GOA without hesitation.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    that's foolish.

donate to both

When the NRA loses the money to pay court battles WE lose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast