Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Accu Wedge Buffer For AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by Genin View Post
    I would never use one for the reason above. I am not comfortable with anything extra being added to my fire group that could jam up my rifle. Mr. Murphy likes to show up at the craziest times.
    I'm with you and I am happy I saw this thread. I bought an Accu Wedge some time ago but never used it. Just came across it recently. Don't plan to use it now.

(Lancaster County)

haha,lol. this thread is almost EXACTLY like the argument i had with my roommate the other day. his first gun ever is the ar he asks where parts go where he is putting togethter right now and came to me the other day with one of these gay things. i told him "youre an idiot" and the argument started with him telling me the benefits and me telling him hes an idiot. mind you the dipshit has no idea how to even assemble the damn thing, ive put together 95% of his build for him and now hes an expert posessing more knowledge than i after buying an accu wedge. i think the damn wedge has a holier than thou additive in the rubber its made of personally.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigedp51 View Post
    Brownells AR-15/AR-10/SR-25 REAR TENSIONING PIN
    35 bucks? Screws that! I used to fabricate the same things for aluminum dirtbike handguards that I used to sell, just in a larger size and slightly more complicated.

For the cost of an M4 screw, some scrap metal tube and a drop of blue thread locker I can make my own in about 15 minutes.

(Beaver County)

With where the Accuwedge is installed,I'm curious how it could end up in the fire control group? It is pinched between the rear lug on the upper where the pivot pin goes through and the lower.If properly installed,I think that the only time it could end up in the FCG would be during disassembly of the firearm for cleaning.IMO Again I'm not advocating the use of the device just curious.

And from AR15 there was a thread that showed its use in some Colt AR's.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    35 bucks? Screws that! I used to fabricate the same things for aluminum dirtbike handguards that I used to sell, just in a larger size and slightly more complicated.

For the cost of an M4 screw, some scrap metal tube and a drop of blue thread locker I can make my own in about 15 minutes.
    I would be willing to try one if you make them ....... Let me know how much $

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    With where the Accuwedge is installed,I'm curious how it could end up in the fire control group? It is pinched between the rear lug on the upper where the pivot pin goes through and the lower.If properly installed,I think that the only time it could end up in the FCG would be during disassembly of the firearm for cleaning.IMO Again I'm not advocating the use of the device just curious.

And from AR15 there was a thread that showed its use in some Colt AR's.
    It can break apart. The whole thing doesn't fall down in, just part of it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Dauphin County)

In the CMP forums it was stated that National Match AR 15 rifles had mated uppers and lowers that had the pin holes reamed to accept larger diameter pins for a much tighter fit between the upper and lower. The uppers and lowers were then glass bedded creating a tight binding fit to prevent any movement.

I can't imagine the armourers doing this to their ARs for the hell of it just to make the shooters feel warm and happy inside.

(Beaver County)

Thanks.Personally have not seen them break down,but I imagine after enough exposure to cleaning products and by products from firing the AR,that that could indeed happen.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    It can break apart. The whole thing doesn't fall down in, just part of it.
    How can a one piece rubber unit break apart? Where does it fall down to? It sits on the shelf and is wedged in place by the upper and lower receiver...not to mention the rear takedown pin.

(Allegheny County)

In the CMP forums it was stated that National Match AR 15 rifles had mated uppers and lowers that had the pin holes reamed to accept larger diameter pins for a much tighter fit between the upper and lower. The uppers and lowers were then glass bedded creating a tight binding fit to prevent any movement.

I shot pretty damned well with a Colt that doesn't have an Accuwedge in it. Having only a few hundred rounds downrange in the CMP/HP courses of fire some are with and some are without an Accuwedge. Mechanically speaking I cannot see any reason whatsoever that would cause it to increase accuracy as the rear pin does not effect the lock up of the bolt (with an in-spec rifle), it does not effect the powder charge, it does not effect the chamber, and the sights and barrel are attached.

Also note that there is a minimum clearance required between the upper and lower for an M-16 and M-4. CMP guns are different creatures but you do need some slop to allow for stuff to fit together.

I can't imagine the armourers doing this to their ARs for the hell of it just to make the shooters feel warm and happy inside.
    Amazing what you can convince people they think they need.

I would rather spend money on something that improves accuracy, not something that makes me feel better. There is something to be said for things that make you feel better but mechanically speaking they do zero.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast