Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Savage Axis/Edge stock

I got to thinking today, the only reason there isnt an aftermarket stock available for the Axis/Edge is the recoil lug is built into the factory stock. I have 3 thoughts on this for my rifle. 1) Take off the barrel nut and put a normal recoil lug in place. 2) Get a normal recoil lug and trim the barrel part off and put it in the new stock. 3) This doesnt help everyone, but mine is .223 so do I even really need a recoil lug?

The stock is the only thing that really bugs me about this rifle, ive learned how not to put too much pressure in the grip area and make it flex...but quite frankly I dont want to be focusing on that as im shooting/hunting.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Savage Axis/Edge stock

I've got the same gun. I saw a guy online that makes wood stocks for the gun but they aren't cheap. Took quite a bit of searching to find it from what I remember. Best thing I've seen to do so far was to take off the recoil pad and fill the hollow stock with expanding foam to stiffen it up. I may eventually try that.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    I've got the same gun. I saw a guy online that makes wood stocks for the gun but they aren't cheap. Took quite a bit of searching to find it from what I remember. Best thing I've seen to do so far was to take off the recoil pad and fill the hollow stock with expanding foam to stiffen it up. I may eventually try that.
    I took it off and put a marine epoxy down in the grip area. Helped a little but I can still visibly move it, just not as bad as before. Thats why I really go to thinking about alternate stocks all together.

(Berks County)

I packed my stock with 20 rounds of ammo, fire starter, space blanket, and mirror. Stiffened it up pretty good.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I packed my stock with 20 rounds of ammo, fire starter, space blanket, and mirror. Stiffened it up pretty good.
    Like your resolve,+1 rep sent

(Berks County)

Thank you sir!

Here she sits with a home made kydex cheek riser and .223 scope with Walmart bipod. Tacticool and useful for $350 total. Thinking about cutting down the barrel next.

She got sighted in and then I got the .308 semi in the background and I got carried away with playing with that bad boy. :/
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(York County)

Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Thank you sir!

Here she sits with a home made kydex cheek riser and .223 scope with Walmart bipod. Tacticool and useful for $350 total. Thinking about cutting down the barrel next.

She got sighted in and then I got the .308 semi in the background and I got carried away with playing with that bad boy. :/
    Every day's a Saturday