Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Re: Drama with semi-auto by anti-gun & anti-hunting groups

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I live in a pretty rural part of the state and I can tell you that there is much more opposition to semiauto for deer than support unfortunately. I'd say easily 3-1 against from those I've spoken to. Trying to explain it rationally usually doesn't do to much good either, believe me I've tried. I've heard several people say if they allow it for deer, bear, they aren't going to purchase a license this year and it wouldn't surprise me if they're being vocal about it to the pgc from the vitriol I've heard. I'll email and maybe call myself, but if this is going to happen we need more numbers I'm afraid.
    We already have more than half the battle won. We got the legislature to lift the ban and Wolf signed it. We turned around the PGCs initial reluctance to open it up for big game and got preliminary approval. Part of that was our letters pointing out they had no legitimate argument against their unrestricted use. Now we just have to finish it. We have to overcome Fudd and friend resistance.

I asked two of my buddies about it while we were at the outdoor show. One is against it with the same old tired argument of wounded animals and mass carnage in the woods. The other is more of a fence sitter. At the same time, I don't expect either of them to voice their opinions. We can do this as long as we don't fumble at the goal line by being complacent. We need to be as vocal now as we were through the other phases. Once we get final approval, then it's over but the crying of the doomsayers.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

From Rep Gabler Headline HBG news letter Friday Feb 24, 2017

Attention Hunters – Last year, my legislation that allows the use of semi-automatic firearms and air- or gas-powered rifles for certain hunting applications was signed into law. Act 168 gives the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) the final say on whether or not these guns would be permitted in the field.

At a recent meeting of the House Game and Fisheries Committee, PGC Executive Director Matthew Hough offered a progress report on this issue. Please click on the video to view a recording of his comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_i...ention+Hunters

Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Apparently its not over and the drama has begun got this email from Kim Stolfer

Guys,
    Could you all please file an e-mail comment to this e-mail address -*pgccomments@pa.gov*– in support of semi-automatic firearms for hunting all game in PA?* I would also very much appreciate it if you could get some others to do this also.
    It appears that anti-hunting and anti-gun groups are pushing the game commission*through the public comments*to NOT make final their recommendations on allowing semi-autos for hunting all game.* Last week, the Pennsylvania Game Commission unanimously passed the proposed rulemaking for the semi-auto rifle hunting law at the quarterly meeting. *The Commission is still receiving comments before the final approval of the regulations will be made at the March 27-28 meeting. *
    I hope you can help!!* I’ve attached just one of the anti’s comments.
    Kim Stolfer
    FOAC, President
    www.foac-pac.org

Even though we’ve heard that the PGC preliminarily passed the semi autos for hunting, big game, small game and fur bearers, and it looked like the final vote would be a slam dunk, the landscape is changing due to the anti-gun folks activism. Calls are come into the PGC 10 to 1 against us.

* If the tentative policy established a week ago is reversed this ‘will’ be nationwide news for the anti-gun groups and CeaseFire PA will be flooded with money and praise for their work.

We need you to send a short e-mail to the PGC insisting they make final the approval of semi’s for hunting and to get others to do it too.

Please read Kim Stolfer’s email again consider what will be lost and get on the phone or email the PGC if you want to help ensure the 2nd vote goes the same way as the first.

Lets finish this battle

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Tioga County)

If I heard it correctly, it is a max ammo restriction not a mag restriction. I guess we need to wait and see what the actual wording turns out to be.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Allegheny County)

Reminder Get your comments about using semi-auto rifles for in hunting PA in before deadline

*The Commission is still receiving comments before the final approval of the regulations will be made at the March 27-28 meeting. *

Even IF you did send in comments,
    RE-send them in again to make sure they heard them!
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Washington County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

I'm a bit late to the party here but am curious why the law was written in such a manner so as to give a regulatory agency power over the legislative branch? Couldn't the pa legislature have written the law to state: "AR 15's/semi-autos are now legal for hunting" and just have that be the law from day one?
    Last edited by TSimonetti; March 19th, 2017 at 07:37 AM.

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: SB 737 allow Hunting with Semi automatic Rifles in PA – Rep Saccone 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party here but am curious why the law was written in such a manner so as to give a regulatory agency power over the legislative branch? Couldn't the pa legislature have written the law to state: "AR 15's/semi-autos are now legal for hunting" and just have that be the law from day one?
    Probably because they aren't.

Your typical 5.56/.223 AR-15 is only legal for big game, and is not legal for small game and varmint, according to the current proposed regulations.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Probably because they aren't.

Your typical 5.56/.223 AR-15 is only legal for big game, and is not legal for small game and varmint, according to the current proposed regulations.
    Sure, Ok. But it seems to me that the legislature should make the laws and the Pa Game Commission should have to follow those laws. This situation however seems to be totally backwards. I can see consulting with the Game Commission on issues of how to structure the law, but the final arbiter on what can or cannot be used to hunt in Pa should be our elected representatives, not un-elected bureaucrats who can perhaps be swayed by anti-gun zealots or others via a public comment period.

(Perry County)

The PGC can do a better job of regional regulation. With areas that are shotgun only, a law stating they are legal would conflict. More importantly, laws are restrictions, not affirmations. They tell you what you can't do as they used to with the law banning their use for hunting or Sunday hunting.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    Sure, Ok. But it seems to me that the legislature should make the laws and the Pa Game Commission should have to follow those laws. This situation however seems to be totally backwards. I can see consulting with the Game Commission on issues of how to structure the law, but the final arbiter on what can or cannot be used to hunt in Pa should be our elected representatives, not un-elected bureaucrats who can perhaps be swayed by anti-gun zealots or others via a public comment period.
    The legislation gives the commission the ability to regulate the usage of certain firearms as well as the length of season, bag limits and many other specifics of hunting because they would only have that task. They exist only because they were created by legislation, they do not over rule or trump the laws. Uncle Jumbo may have explained it better than me.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

they do not over rule or trump the laws
    . Dunno about that. For years, they stopped and searched vehicles sans warrants, triggered by as little as driver driving in vicinity of hunting grounds, or wearing a red and black Woolrich shirt. They also invaded houses to check the freezer (when it was illegal to possess venison after July 31st) without warrant. During the deer season they would enter garages looking to check any hanging deer. Courts upheld it all too.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast