Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Virginia has fallen.

the Presidential election is not really a "national" election but 50 individual state elections that the state delegates votes are totaled up

that's the way it was designed as to give all states regardless of population equal rights
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

the Presidential election is not really a "national" election but 50 individual state elections that the state delegates votes are totaled up

that's the way it was designed as to give all states regardless of population equal rights
    Which is as it should be - 50 independent entities. I don't think that Founding Fathers could ever have imagined the extent to which the Federal compact would be violated, which has led us to an overbearing out of control central authority in the main that is actually controlled by unelected bureaucrats. The modern elected legislator has conceded their constitutional authority to others.

As for Virginia, Gov. Northam is planning to reintroduce all the gun control measures that failed earlier.
    Last edited by Defender; November 7th, 2019 at 08:12 AM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

Democrats took control of the Virginia House and Senate on Tuesday for the first time in more than 20 years. Northam and Democrats will now have an advantage in the assembly to pursue gun control measures that Republicans have pushed against and blocked.
    Yea I was there 20 years ago for that shit show - there's a reason it took 20 years. Thankfully the next gop govs fixed all the bullshit.

This was my backup to.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

Due to the out of control, illegal, over bearing Federal Government, people forget we are a collection of STATES first and foremost, not a collective like the former USSR. The States elect the President, NOT PEOPLE. However, the EC gives more votes to states with larger population.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    I love this country. The people have spoken in VA. I hope more of us speak than them, but I am always happy to see democracy work as it should. Get rid of the Electoral College I say. Every single person that decides to vote should have their vote counted and mean something.

People should be required to understand the difference between a Democracy and a Representative Republic before being allowed to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    People should be required to understand the difference between a Democracy and a Representative Republic before being allowed to vote.
    This is why the Constitution is not taught in Middle schools anymore. Its easier to defraud some one who is ignorant about the truth than fool a knowledgeable citizen.
    the movie Idiocracy was truly prophetic

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    You just say stuff to get people worked up. You know we are a Republic and not a Democracy. Those people that have spoken want to take away your rights, and if we didn't have the EC they would be totally successful. They may be anyway as metro areas including the suburbs are now ALL Democrat swinging entire states.
    I am not stirring up anything. I just believe that everyone’s vote, including ours should mean something. Imagine if you were in some organization that allowed someone else’s vote to count 3x for them while yours only counted once. The objective shouldnt be to squash those votes, it to try to get them to vote in ways that are closer to your values. I don’t like Gerrymandering either. Not when we do it, and especially when the Dems do it. I am an old school Republican. I believe in fair play and let the chips fall where they may. If the Dems win, its cause we aren’t doing enough to get our message out, or not enough people agreeing with the message. Cause I would bet both my testicals that if Trump had won the popular vote by 5 million, but lost the election, folks here would be going apeshit and talking about the “will of the people”. If we win, we win, we lose, we lose.......as long as the game was played fairly.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Mifflin County)

A lot of folks don't understand the Electoral College or the reason for it . I suggest they learn why we have it !!

Lazy repubs is why delco went to the dems, and that goes with all the other dem takeovers.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Lazy repubs is why delco went to the dems, and that goes with all the other dem takeovers.
    That's certainly part of it. Lazy Party, lazy candidates and no show voters. The Republican Party has abandoned Southeast PA. It just has. Incumbent candidates resigning is just one indicator. Where's the Republican money to combat the Soros and Bloomberg money?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast