Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

Need some clarification, if possible.

After being denied my ltcf for an "undetermined reason" I requested my criminal record through PATCH. What came back was Simple Assault, a M2. This is where it's going to get tricky. This charge was the result of a fight I got into with my father. Now, as far as I can tell, it only falls under domestic violance if it was against a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. I don't think my case falls into any of those, but still wanted to ask before I sent the challenge form back in.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's greatly appreciated.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

Reporting back after my hiccup earlier this month.
    Had an unpaid fine from 15 years ago that didn’t show up on my first few handgun purchases. Turns out, they issued a warrant for it and I only found out about it when I went to buy another firearm.
    I guess I would’ve known when I had to re-new my LTCF but I’m glad I got it resolved now instead of finding out in the Sherriffs Office!
    Should be getting my reversal letter in the next day or two, then back to my LGS.
    I hope the one I wanted is still there.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40onem View Post
    Reporting back after my hiccup earlier this month.
    Had an unpaid fine from 15 years ago that didn’t show up on my first few handgun purchases. Turns out, they issued a warrant for it and I only found out about it when I went to buy another firearm.
    I guess I would’ve known when I had to re-new my LTCF but I’m glad I got it resolved now instead of finding out in the Sherriffs Office!
    Should be getting my reversal letter in the next day or two, then back to my LGS.
    I hope the one I wanted is still there.
    Good it went well for you and thanks for the follow up.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelle View Post
    Need some clarification, if possible.

After being denied my ltcf for an "undetermined reason" I requested my criminal record through PATCH. What came back was Simple Assault, a M2. This is where it's going to get tricky. This charge was the result of a fight I got into with my father. Now, as far as I can tell, it only falls under domestic violance if it was against a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. I don't think my case falls into any of those, but still wanted to ask before I sent the challenge form back in.

Thanks in advance for any help. It's greatly appreciated.
    I'm confused. Isnt your dad your parent?!?!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sontavas View Post
    I'm confused. Isnt your dad your parent?!?!
    Him and Dad kicked some ass together.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Being a dad does not necessarily equate to being a parent, just look at the black 'community' where dads skirt their parental responsibilities.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Fayette County)

Yes, a dad is MY parent. I was not the victim as far as the charge goes. It only applies to spouses, parents, guardians OF THE VICTIM. For example if my dad, wife, ect were charged for it. That's as far as I understand it anyways. Ws hoping for a lawyer to chime in so I know if it's even worth my time to hie one.

It's nice to live in a 'free' country, eh? Please don't misunderstand me, the USA remains the best and in my opinion the most free nation on earth and I love her. I love her far more than I love a good number of somewhat parasitic* law makers and other authorities. The 'good' authorities, bureaucrat's etc. are still the majority but the tipping point seems to be not far away. I respect and support our necessary and 'good' public servants, etc even more than the so called common man. That said even though I live in a somewhat less constricting** TN, I was somewhat astonished while reading reply's to this thread. Especially those that lamented the extent of law enforcement in regard to firearm related issues. So the thread has motivated me to research Tennessee's requirements etc. Yes thanks to the author for motivating me to check how dangerous it is for me to own a firearm in our free country!

star* notes

*….. 'parasitic* law makers' By that I am exposing my mistrust of a good number of governmental officials, and other people who have power or control over my life. Some of them such as a many, many, term (evergreen) Politician etc are like parasites giving little and taking much. Of course we the citizens are the body of the host. Yes I suppose I am paranoid, not as shaky ballistic as the character Mel Gibbons played in the good 1997 movie ' Conspiracy Theory', but suspicious still. I call it healthy paranoia...

**…….' I live in a somewhat less constricting** TN' …… Well I think TN is less constricting! I will know before the week is out! (not that I have a police record or anything....)
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ProSee4 View Post
    It's nice to live in a 'free' country, eh? Please don't misunderstand me, the USA remains the best and in my opinion the most free nation on earth and I love her. I love her far more than I love a good number of somewhat parasitic* law makers and other authorities. The 'good' authorities, bureaucrat's etc. are still the majority but the tipping point seems to be not far away. I respect and support our necessary and 'good' public servants, etc even more than the so called common man. That said even though I live in a somewhat less constricting** TN, I was somewhat astonished while reading reply's to this thread. Especially those that lamented the extent of law enforcement in regard to firearm related issues. So the thread has motivated me to research Tennessee's requirements etc. Yes thanks to the author for motivating me to check how dangerous it is for me to own a firearm in our free country!

star* notes

*….. 'parasitic* law makers' By that I am exposing my mistrust of a good number of governmental officials, and other people who have power or control over my life. Some of them such as a many, many, term (evergreen) Politician etc are like parasites giving little and taking much. Of course we the citizens are the body of the host. Yes I suppose I am paranoid, not as shaky ballistic as the character Mel Gibbons played in the good 1997 movie ' Conspiracy Theory', but suspicious still. I call it healthy paranoia...

**…….' I live in a somewhat less constricting** TN' …… Well I think TN is less constricting! I will know before the week is out! (not that I have a police record or anything....)
    I disagree that TN laws are less constricting.

OC requires a license or unloaded firearm and "no guns/weapons" signs have force of law behind them. The only thing I can find that's arguably "better" is the employee parking lot provision.

Given the choice of what we currently have here compared to TN, I'd keep what we've got.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I disagree that TN laws are less constricting. OC requires a license or unloaded firearm and "no guns/weapons" signs have force of law behind them. The only thing I can find that's arguably "better" is the employee parking lot provision. Given the choice of what we currently have here compared to TN, I'd keep what we've got.
    Something like that issue ie. what state regs are more constricting etc is subjective and would be difficult to debate. In addition I did say; "I live in a somewhat less constricting** TN' …… Well I think TN is less constricting!" In addition the spirit of my reply was more in fun than serious. In any case if I stepped on anyone's toes I apologize it was not intentional.
    “I don't believe in empirical science. I only believe in a priori truth.” ~ Kurt Gödel

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast