Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default $200 paid for junk/broken guns in the Bronx

Gun buyback in Bronx, N.Y. on April 25th $200 per gun. No word on a limit. I'm tempted to go. I probably have ten guns that aren't worth $150.00

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: $200 paid for junk/broken guns in the Bronx

I have an old Davis .380 with a split slide. I gave $50 for it 20 years ago. I never got rid of it because I did not want anyone to ever use it. If this buyback was closer I would definitely get rid of it since I know the fate of it.

Be safe (and use the money of the "Man" against himself).

Scott

Can you apply the $200 towards your bail, if you don't have the necessary NY permits?

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Can you apply the $200 towards your bail, if you don't have the necessary NY permits?
    According to a detective I spoke with... encouraging gun owners to drop off their weapon at a given church in return for a $200 debit card – no questions asked.
    Are you aware of any arrests ever at a gun buyback for lack of permits? These programs are now unfortunately very common, and I haven't heard of a single instance where the police made that type of arrest.

(Luzerne County)

Hmm...
    Reminds me of when Long Island had a buyback, ran out of money, then had a "questions asked" policy when people tried to leave with their guns after lack of cash.

http://forum.pafoa.org/national-11/4...-out-cash.html

""If they hand us an illegal handgun and we have no money, we can't give back the gun".
    -Cop
    Last edited by CarolinaGuy; April 1st, 2009 at 02:58 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Ahh, I see your confusion.

I know you are being ironic, but what makes gun buy backs so confusing is the fact that they have nothing, whatsoever to do with the law.

This is obviously causing you distress. I understand, and completely sympathize.

You thought, somewhere in the dark recesses of your mind, that dedicating your life to knowing the law, living the law and representing folks in court would some how prepare you for this.

It does not. Your mind, it seems cannot function when confronted by MORONICA.

Gun Buy Backs are defeated in the moronic sense, if they use them to:

A: Comply with the law
    B:Enforce the law
    C: Use them to solve crimes.

NOPE.

They are AMNESTY's, supported by private donations and sometimes tax dollars. They are given logistical support by the gov.org, and a wand is waved over those nasty guns, because no crime can be committed as long as they are off the street.

If they started locking people up when they showed up with an illegal *stolen* gun, or a gun in possession of a felon, or a firearm used in a homicide, they would never be able to have another one.

Nope.

Gun buy backs are a free pass.

You could shoot the president of the USA, and as long as your gun was speedily brought to a gun buy back, likely the local Police Chief, the Assistant May and the Pastor to the local church would pat you on the back.

YOU, on the other hand would have a debit card, a new pair of "Jordan" sneakers or $50 cash to go buy ANOTHER gun.

Screwy world we live in.
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Delta View Post
    Ahh, I see your confusion.

I know you are being ironic, but what makes gun buy backs so confusing is the fact that they have nothing, whatsoever to do with the law.

This is obviously causing you distress. I understand, and completely sympathize.

You thought, somewhere in the dark recesses of your mind, that dedicating your life to knowing the law, living the law and representing folks in court would some how prepare you for this.

It does not. Your mind, it seems cannot function when confronted by MORONICA.

Gun Buy Backs are defeated in the moronic sense, if they use them to:

A: Comply with the law
    B:Enforce the law
    C: Use them to solve crimes.

NOPE.

They are AMNESTY's, supported by private donations and sometimes tax dollars. They are given logistical support by the gov.org, and a wand is waved over those nasty guns, because no crime can be committed as long as they are off the street.

If they started locking people up when they showed up with an illegal *stolen* gun, or a gun in possession of a felon, or a firearm used in a homicide, they would never be able to have another one.

Nope.

Gun buy backs are a free pass.

You could shoot the president of the USA, and as long as your gun was speedily brought to a gun buy back, likely the local Police Chief, the Assistant May and the Pastor to the local church would pat you on the back.

YOU, on the other hand would have a debit card, a new pair of "Jordan" sneakers or $50 cash to go buy ANOTHER gun.

Screwy world we live in.
    The state and local police may provide amnesty for their respective laws.. But you'd still participating in a federal crime - interstate trafficking of firearms if the receiving party isn't a FFL in the Bronx.

You bring gun across state lines> they hand you money or other compensation> you hand them a gun> you are committing a federal offense. When was the last time the ATF and FBI offered amnesty at one of those events?

(Lancaster County)

Oh, come on.

Don't get all serious with me. You'll ruin my day.
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Lycoming County)

That is why I would prefer one closer, like maybe in PA. That way, as a Bail Bondsman, I get a deep discount on writing my own {and I can not write Bail in NY). It appears to be a part of a bigger conspiracy to "get me". I have known they were out to get me all my life, the voices have told me so

How about Carolina's story, the SOBs pulling the switcheroo. To tell the truth, I would have loved to see the faces of the goofballs when they told them they could not leave with the guns..or the money.

Be safe (and stay away from the bait and switch).

Scott

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Delta View Post
    Oh, come on.

Don't get all serious with me. You'll ruin my day.
    lol sorry man.. sometimes I just over look the humor in things..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast