Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Average prices on .22lr ammo?

Alright, so I'm just trying to gain knowledge of the average price per round of .22lr ammo. I'm new in shooting guns and I bought my first pistol which is a M&P22. I had my training class, was loads of fun but they had limited ammo.

I called around today to see if anyone had .22LR ammo. I found one place with some Federal 40 grain but he wanted $9 for 50 rds, which I thought was ridiculous. Unless I'm mistaken? What would be the price for this ammo?

and would I be better off with CCI? That's what I used at the range yesterday and it worked flawlessly for 100 rounds. They only charged me 10 cents a round compared to the other place wanting 18 cents a round for the federal brand.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Default Re: Average prices on .22lr ammo?

.22LR is out of stock in most stores except for the 50/100 count. They can charge what ever they want. Wait until the nonsense is over.

(Allegheny County)

Prior to the panic, average price for plinking ammo was $.04-$.05 per round. There is no way I would pay more than that.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Lehigh County)

Today's average is $.10/rd but that is still kinda steep compared to what it was. If you can get CCI for $10/100, it's actually not an awful price at the present time.

(Armstrong County)

In my area we're seeing 500 rd bricks going for around $48.

Shop around man... CCI SHOULD be about .05-.07 cents per round..

I just bought about 3000 rounds at .05 yesterday, so its still out there.

(Montgomery County)

Tanner's in Jamison had CCI Blazer 525-round packs for $23 on Saturday -- but they went real quick; I got there at 8:30 and was like 50th in line, I think I got the last brick of Blazer but they still had Remington in stock. Clayton's in Horsham had the Remington 525-round packs for $28 last week, and the CCI mini-mag high velocity .22 for $25 for 375 rounds. A couple weeks back Tanner's had bricks of the Federal Game-Shok high-velocity .22 for a little over $30.

Quote Originally Posted by shiloh View Post
    Tanner's in Jamison had CCI Blazer 525-round packs for $23 on Saturday -- but they went real quick; I got there at 8:30 and was like 50th in line, I think I got the last brick of Blazer but they still had Remington in stock. Clayton's in Horsham had the Remington 525-round packs for $28 last week, and the CCI mini-mag high velocity .22 for $25 for 375 rounds. A couple weeks back Tanner's had bricks of the Federal Game-Shok high-velocity .22 for a little over $30.
    Those are good prices

(Berks County)

I average $32/500 CCI.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by djr5252 View Post
    Alright, so I'm just trying to gain knowledge of the average price per round of .22lr ammo. I'm new in shooting guns and I bought my first pistol which is a M&P22. I had my training class, was loads of fun but they had limited ammo.

I called around today to see if anyone had .22LR ammo. I found one place with some Federal 40 grain but he wanted $9 for 50 rds, which I thought was ridiculous. Unless I'm mistaken? What would be the price for this ammo?

and would I be better off with CCI? That's what I used at the range yesterday and it worked flawlessly for 100 rounds. They only charged me 10 cents a round compared to the other place wanting 18 cents a round for the federal brand.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
    It depends what Federal you are looking at. If that is Gold Medal Match, that is a decent price. If it is Federal Champion or lower, that is high. The good .22 has not changed much in price. Top of the line Eley Tenex was about $18 per 50 before the crazies started buying everything in sight and I think it is still about the same. The lowest cost decent target ammo is probably CCI Standard Velocity which was around $28 per 500 and now I see it at $32.95 for 500. While that is up, it is not crazy. However I seen people reselling 525 bulk packs for $40 and up. I don't know why anyone would buy that stuff for a gun. I wouldn't shoot it though one of my guns if it was $10 a brick.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast