Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Taurus Service!!!

When I hear someone say or I read "they have great customer service" it gets me thinking that maybe I should stay away from a company like that because I prefer not to use their customer service. Some years ago I purchased a Rossi revolver - it seemed like a nice revolver. I voluntarily sent it back to Rossi (which is affiliated somehow with Taurus) for a recall issue - that was back in September 2019. After 3 months I was told by Rossi\Taurus (same CS people) that it would be replaced. Here I am now February 2020 still waiting for the replacement. Five months and counting is not great customer service. Taurus service just plan SUCKS!

Default Re: Taurus Service!!!

I've owned several Taurus pistols and revolves throughout the years out of them all only one went back a TCP in .380 which is the only one I still have and carry from time to time. I sent it back in November of 2014 and had it back in less then two weeks. It has about 600 rounds through it and runs like a champ now.

Sorry to hear about your issues, I wouldn't sit back and wait for them to get in contact with you I would be calling them at least once a week and keeping a lot of the date, time and who you spoke with and what they said. After going through the ringer for over a year with a brand new Jeep Cherokee that was a complete and total piece of shit I learned my lesson and how to stay on top of repair issues.

Taurus bought Rossi but I don't believe they are manufactured or repaired by Taurus in Miami but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 13th, 2020 at 11:52 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues, I wouldn't sit back and wait for them to get in contact with you I would be calling them at least once a week and keeping a lot of the date, time and who you spoke with and what they said. .
    That's exactly what I have been doing every 2 weeks since September - mostly chat with CS and I save the chat conversations. Thanks

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    That's exactly what I have been doing every 2 weeks since September - mostly chat with CS and I save the chat conversations. Thanks
    I guess that's new but when I was dealing with them it was a one hour wait on hold. I sent a Model 85 back twice and it was there 8 weeks each time for the same issue, still never got fixed. I sold it to a member here for a good deal and told him about the minor issue. Waste of time.

(Mifflin County)

I stick with Ruger , awesome customer service for me !

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PistolFan View Post
    When I hear someone say or I read "they have great customer service"

I'd like things NOT said about Taurus Service for $800 Alex.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

You get what you pay for...in my book, Ruger and Smith and Wesson are tops in customer service. Rossi and Taurus, IMO are poor copies of S&W and other companies revolvers and pistols. Spend a few bucks more and get the original. Yes, you may get a lemon (rare) buy you’ll get better customer service, again IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    You get what you pay for...in my book, Ruger and Smith and Wesson are tops in customer service. Rossi and Taurus, IMO are poor copies of S&W and other companies revolvers and pistols. Spend a few bucks more and get the original. Yes, you may get a lemon (rare) buy you’ll get better customer service, again IMHO.
    S&W has it's fair share of issues as well, they screwed my cousin over more then good with one of their victory pistols that was bad right out of the box. Went back 3 times and was returned all three times with the same issues and a large scratch on the side it didn't go in with. He ended up selling it back to Tanners which is where he purchased it from taking a big loss because he told them it has issues that Smith themselves cannot fix.

I have read more then one complaint about both Ruger and Smith over their QC as well as their customer service on this site in the last few years. Every company has issues in all departments, Taurus does seem to have more which I agree with but they sell a lot of firearms due to their prices and I bet if we took the stats only a small percentage actually end up back for repairs.

I love all firearms Smith, Ruger, and even Taurus depending on the model and you always run the risk of getting a lemon when you buy anything. I keep that in mind with Taurus especially on the used market.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 14th, 2020 at 10:43 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I sent a Model 85 back twice and still never got fixed. I sold it to a member here for a good deal and told him about the minor issue.
    And DA works perfect every time. Thanks for putting up with Customer Service for me.
    Last edited by mrat; February 14th, 2020 at 11:38 AM. Reason: specifics

(Bucks County)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-t-be-recalled

Taurus has had many defective handguns. Above link outlines why you do not hear of them.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast