Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    As for him being a "father", who cares? Becoming a father just requires that you do what birds and fish and alley cats have done for millions of years. I notice they don't call him a "husband" or "welder" or "accountant" or "Scoutmaster" or "veteran". So his dick works; that's great. So what? I'm sure the shooter is a son and maybe a brother and maybe he has a job. The "father" appears to be a bully and a thug; call him "the attacker", which is accurate but won't stir up the usual mobs of people who have free time because they don't have jobs.
    Gentle giant was already taken.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    I've been following this on the Florida CC forum.
    A self defense instructor did a frame by frame analysis of the video.
    According to him, the aggressor turns his body and hides his right hand from the guy he shoved and hitches his elbow. Exactly the moves one would make if he were clearing a garment to draw a weapon.
    That's when the guy sitting pulls his gun and shoots.
    Of course the shooter did not know he was unarmed but any cop would be assuming he was armed and do the same.
    Yes, either that or flinching to attack, either way an aggressive move.
    People see the draw and the step back and assume the attacker was disengaging.
    A closer inspection of the footage says different in my opinion.
    There is an aggressive movement by the attacker between the step back and the shot.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

I just copied and pasted this from another post I made.

I went to the DMV today to get my license renewed. I didnt notice this until after I got my picture taken as the guy I was sitting next to blocked my view. After my photo was taken the guy next to me was gone. Anyway, sitting in this room with 5 rows of about a dozen chairs with 2-3 feet between each row, I noticed this guy two seats down with his ticket number, some papers, his car keys and his phone laying on the floor in front of him. This woman in her 80s and her daughter (I knew it was her daughter as they looked alike) started coming towards us and they both had to step over this guys shit on the floor. I said to him, "I guess you didnt see that woman step over your stuff?" He moved his crap a little more next to him and made an excuse that he has it there to see his number. The excuse tells me he was a liberal. No one got knocked down or shot in this exchange, and yes, I would have said something to him carrying or not.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Florida parking lot shooting: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like t

This nation was built by people with the courage to say things and confront offensive behavior.

I'm not going to abandon my 1A right to tell someone what I think just because I am exercising my 2A. And I'm not going to be the kind of coward that feels a need to rely on the police, managers, and other 'officials' to fix every problem in the world.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Florida parking lot shooting: Should stand your ground laws apply to cases like t

One person can say whatever they want to another but there is no need to stand there and argue.....say what you feel has to be said,then move along and go on about your business.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    One person can say whatever they want to another but there is no need to stand there and argue.....say what you feel has to be said,then move along and go on about your business.
    Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, it would have taken 5 seconds to say "excuse me, ma'am, do you know you're parked in a handicapped space?" And then move on. No need to harangue her for 20 times that long. And it bears repeating that the store manager, not Mr. Busybody, should have been the one to address the situation in the first place.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by farmplinker View Post
    Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, it would have taken 5 seconds to say "excuse me, ma'am, do you know you're parked in a handicapped space?" And then move on. No need to harangue her for 20 times that long. And it bears repeating that the store manager, not Mr. Busybody, should have been the one to address the situation in the first place.
    Yeah but we don't know what unwed three time baby mama was saying in response to the guy. Probably something like, "You just wait 'til my baby daddy get here, he gonna mess you up", then the challenge was on.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah but we don't know what unwed three time baby mama was saying in response to the guy. Probably something like, "You just wait 'til my baby daddy get here, he gonna mess you up", then the challenge was on.
    So what of she would have said that?....it doesn't change my suggestions and I dont know why you are so concerned with the woman's domestic situation.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

So what of she would have said that?....it doesn't change my suggestions and I dont know why you are so concerned with the woman's domestic situation.
    Her domestic situation translates and equates to trash, the same kind of trash that parked where she shouldn't have, got out of the car when her baby daddy came out the door and aided in him getting shot. It's a part of the big picture here, one that makes me feel no pity for the guy who got killed. I don't see a pair of saints who got something they hadn't been instigating for for a long time.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I wonder if anyone's been parking wherever they please around there lately?
    I wonder if anyone is going to say anything to others about where they park going forward...this will set some new boundaries for sure.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast