Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Weaver's Gun Shop

Earlier this week I was in the market for an AR-15 Rifle so I decided to get to Weavers fire arms where I have been a handful of times. When I entered I immediately was pounced on and belittled by the owner with sarcastic remarks, about me being the big spender, and other insults I must say I was unhappy and shocked by his remarks. I purchased a box of ammo and left not saying anything but the owner talked himself right out of a sale. I then went up the road to a different shop and was helped in a professional’s manner where I purchased a Sig 556 and had a good experience.

Sincerely Paul

(Berks County)

Default Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

I had the same type of experience a few years ago and never went back!!!!!!!!!
    The truth shall set you free.

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands

I can not wait until NJ sinks in the ocean and PA has ocean front property

(Lehigh County)

If I got treated like that, I'd let them know that they just lost a sale and walk out without purchasing ANYTHING, not even a box ammo. I did that at my local ArmyNavy.

(Carbon County)

You're preaching to the choir here.

I, like you, voted with my wallet and currently patronize other shops in the area. Hopefully Phil will grow up and learn the fine art of customer service.

Any responsible merchant knows that treating the customer with respect is key to making the sale.

Proper hygene and dress also helps.
    Strutting around in a worn, stained t-shirt, with a gut hanging over the belt does not exactly inspire confidence.

You went in that door to part with $1300+ for the Sig556 and he treated you like a vagrant looking for a handout. End result - He lost a sale, and a potential long term customer.

Enjoy your Sig556, I have one and it is a blast to shoot. The stock flip up sights are lousy. Try some nice optics like an Eotech or an ACOG.

By the way, Cheaper than Dirt has another ammo sale going on .223. With buyer's club discount, some of the good stuff was about $0.42 a round.

The guy you bought your Sig from has Lake City .223 on strippers in bandolier packs by the case in store. I'm going to buy a case while it's still available.

(Northampton County)

Only 2 cases of Xm193 to go than it is gone again. Come and get it.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: Weaver's Gun Shop

He seems to have a snide comment about my car every time I walk in there. I know damn well it has a 'wing' and its japanese, what he fails to realize is that its worth more then the sorry ass trailer he lives in.

Insulting comments, not knowing what the hell he's talking about 1/2 the time (if not more), charges 3% markup for credit cards. The only thing that salvages the trip out there is that there is another store not even 2 blocks away with a better selection, better prices and a nice clean bright store unlike weavers troll cave.

I stopped in once asking for an AR lower to do a build, after all the bullshit he offered a bushmaster striped lower for $140 (thats cash mind you, before credit card markup). I asked Rich for a stripped lower (apparently so did a lot of others) and he got in a shipment of stag lowers at a damn good price.

After you're done being talked down to and insulted at weavers grab a sandwich at wawa, make a left and American Sports Shooting will be on your left in about 1/4 mile.

Quote Originally Posted by netw0rkpenguin View Post
    After you're done being talked down to and insulted at weavers grab a sandwich at wawa

Don't forget your gun. That place got knocked over twice in one week a while back.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Pike County)

Ok, head up and neck out. I have purchased 2 guns at Weaver's. The very first gun I purchased after moving to Pa. I bought there, and another about 2 months ago. I have also been there a few more times and bought ammo (good prices on PowRBall), holsters, and mags. I have not had any problems with the owner, and have gotten good deals on both guns. He remembers me every time I come in, and even asks how a family member that accompied me the very first time I was in is doing. Obviously, if you don't like the place don't go, but as for me I usually stop in at both shops in the area, but never the Wawa.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Don't forget your gun. That place got knocked over twice in one week a while back.
    Are these comments necessary? I think your comment is uncalled for. If this is your attempt at trying to be funny. I have news for you. You are not.

Rich's store got robbed in the middle of the night. over a year ago. The guy drove his car into the front of the building. I don't remember anyone being there when it happened.

I have been in his store several times and felt very safe every time.

If you don't have a positive thing to add to a conversation. Then you shouldn't anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by darango360 View Post
    Are these comments necessary? I think your comment is uncalled for. If this is your attempt at trying to be funny. I have news for you. You are not.

Rich's store got robbed in the middle of the night. over a year ago. The guy drove his car into the front of the building. I don't remember anyone being there when it happened.

I have been in his store several times and felt very safe every time.

If you don't have a positive thing to add to a conversation. Then you shouldn't anything at all.

I think perhaps you need your valium. First you're reffering to another gun shop.
    Second I was referring to the WaWa. Ass
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast