Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    OK ill see the "convert" and raise you a "modify" ...lets face it is a part that does does modify the rifle.
    Well then I guess Jerry's arm and finger is a modification.

Perhaps we should just ban semi auto's in general because they ALL have the capability to bump fire without any assistance at all including a belt loop as can shown in the below Facebook video.

The issue at hand has nothing to do with the legitimacy of bump stocks or binary triggers neither of which I own. It has to do with the way it's being addressed without the legislative process as well as one more ban that will not stop the lawless and only effect the law abiding.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

Perhaps we should just ban semi auto's in general because they ALL have the capability to bump fire without any assistance at all including a belt loop as can shown in the below Facebook video.

The issue at hand has nothing to do with the legitimacy of bump stocks or binary triggers neither of which I own. It has to do with the way it's being addressed without the legislative process as well as one more ban that will not stop the lawless and only effect the law abiding.

I agree. The whole point is "gradual incrementalism". Take a little here. Take a little there.

People will ignore the complaints. "Why are you worried about that?"

Habituation will get people used to the new restrictions.

Later, when those restrictions don't work, take a little more.

The Deer Hunters should be terrified of some of the remarks about "assault weapons" or "high powered weapons" as the Gun Control Enthusiasts put it.

"The AR-15 fires a powerful cartridge". Powerful compared to what?

A 458 Winchester Magnum is a lawful hunting rifle. It has how many times more kinetic energy than an AR15 using M855 ball? About five times as much kinetic energy at the muzzle. There is no bullet resistant body armor which will stop a 458 round coming out of this rifle. I bet a lot of Automobile armor, like that used by the President, will not stop a 458 Magnum bullet.

The Afghan Mujahideen used old elephant guns to shoot down Soviet helicopters. They'd target the rotors, took 'em down when they hit them, and when they missed the crew didn't notice.

All of the "Fudds" don't realize that they're next. A few have told me, "Guys like you are why the public hates guns... with your weapons of war". When I tell them that nothing I own is currently used by the military except for my pump shotguns, well, they're not impressed. I won't join the chorus to ban them, therefore I'm guilty by association.

The Mossberg 500 and Remington 700 are used by the US Military. Too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

No engineered mechanical modifications, Jerry is just talented and awesome...huge difference

And there is a solution, the government needs to mandate a EBT program of issuing us hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo for us to practice with and all become as awesome as Jerry , then the bump stocks will go away on their own !
    Oh,,, and a subsidized 3 day work week so we have ample range time

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    No engineered mechanical modifications, Jerry is just talented and awesome...huge difference

And there is a solution, the government needs to mandate a EBT program of issuing us hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo for us to practice with and all become as awesome as Jerry , then the bump stocks will go away on their own !
    Oh,,, and a subsidized 3 day work week so we have ample range time
    That would rock.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    I agree. The whole point is "gradual incrementalism". Take a little here. Take a little there.

People will ignore the complaints. "Why are you worried about that?"

Habituation will get people used to the new restrictions.

Later, when those restrictions don't work, take a little more.

The Deer Hunters should be terrified of some of the remarks about "assault weapons" or "high powered weapons" as the Gun Control Enthusiasts put it.

"The AR-15 fires a powerful cartridge". Powerful compared to what?

A 458 Winchester Magnum is a lawful hunting rifle. It has how many times more kinetic energy than an AR15 using M855 ball? About five times as much kinetic energy at the muzzle. There is no bullet resistant body armor which will stop a 458 round coming out of this rifle. I bet a lot of Automobile armor, like that used by the President, will not stop a 458 Magnum bullet.

The Afghan Mujahideen used old elephant guns to shoot down Soviet helicopters. They'd target the rotors, took 'em down when they hit them, and when they missed the crew didn't notice.

All of the "Fudds" don't realize that they're next. A few have told me, "Guys like you are why the public hates guns... with your weapons of war". When I tell them that nothing I own is currently used by the military except for my pump shotguns, well, they're not impressed. I won't join the chorus to ban them, therefore I'm guilty by association.

The Mossberg 500 and Remington 700 are used by the US Military. Too.
    Hopefully the mossberg 930 tactical is in my future
    Attached Images Attached Images

(York County)

Bump firing is a method of shooting, no modifications or novelty stock needed.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Aggie pretty much hit the nail on the head. I do not hate Republicans. I just identify with many more stances of the Democrats. I am staunchly pro-choice and pro-union. I believe there should be social programs for the less fortunate.

Perhaps it is because of the fact my father passed away when I was young and many of the social programs that are so derided on this forum were used by my single mom and our family to make it. After my dad passed, she went and got a four year degree with the help of federal grants and subsidized student loans. My brother, sister, and I all went to college on grants and loans. We were fed through the use of ACCESS (at the time food stamps) along with the jobs my mom, siblings and I had along the way. It was a struggle, but we made it. We may not have if not for the programs that were available to us. I know there are those who may abuse the programs my family used to survive. However, I do not think my tax dollars are wasted on such programs.

You want to know why I am a Democrat? It because I look back and know where I came from. I know there are others struggling now. I am not about to say “Fu$& You!! I've got mine. Now let’s cut these programs because Moochers should fend for themselves.” It kills me that Paul Ryan and his mom/family used some of the same programs my mom/family used, but now he and many Republicans want to cut these programs. It bothers be that Melania came here illegally and got her legal status through favors not available to all. Then her parents are chain migrated over here all the while Trump rallies against the programs he and his family used. I find “good enough for me, but not for you” to be hypocritical.

You want to know why I’m a Democrat? I live by Matthew 25:40-45...Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but I care about the least of my brothers because when I was one of them, others cared about me.

With all that said, I truly believe my party is wrong on their stance on the 2nd Amendment.
    Thanks for the reply Democrat Gun Owner, sorry for my delayed response, this thread got lost in the mix.
    I don't really take issue with much of what you wrote.
    It's true that I don't believe in the Democrat's welfare state, and breeding dependency, and the massive rampant waste and abuse of taxpayer money that I have personally seen.
    It's also true that I don't agree with the Democrat's increasing overt racism against Jews and Christians, and subvert racism against African Americans.
    But none of that is really my point here, and I don't want to go round and round about the pros and cons of welfare programs or which party is more racist.

My issue here is specifically about guns and the right to keep and bear arms.
    This is a pro gun rights forum, and you have specifically made a point of being recognized as a Democrat that supports the right to keep and bear arms.
    This position you have taken is entirely contradictory, and frankly I find it perverse in the extreme.

The Democrat Party, right now today, openly calls for the elimination of the Second Amendment from the Bill of Rights, and the banning and confiscation of all firearms from the law abiding population of the United States.
    To be a Democrat is to support these anti gun efforts, and there is no true partial position on this subject.
    Democrats have been trying to incrementally disarm the law abiding population of the United States for decades, and now the Democrats have become bold enough to openly call for the complete destruction of the Second Amendment.

You can't have it both ways.
    You can't support the Democrat Party in order to protect the welfare state, without accepting and supporting the disarmament of the law abiding US population.
    The Democrat Party has for many years voted as a block to support all gun control that has been brought to the floor at both the state and federal levels.

Every state that is controlled by the Democrats has voted repeatedly and consistently to make gun ownership as difficult and restrictive as possible for its residents.
    Every state that is controlled by the Democrats has made carrying a gun for self defense impossible for all intents and purposes for average law abiding citizens.
    Every state that is controlled by the Democrats has enacted incremental bans and confiscations of ever increasing classes of firearms.
    Every state that is controlled by the Democrats has enacted incremental gun restrictions on ever increasing classes of law abiding citizens.

So it comes down to what is more important to you.
    Do you support the Democrat's endless expansion of the welfare state enough, that you are willing to accept forced civilian disarmament as a result?
    Anyone that understands the current politics knows that this is the very real question today between supporting Democrats or supporting Republicans.

So tell me the truth Democrat Gun Owner.
    Do you believe that the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state is paramount?
    Or do you believe that the right to bear arms can and should be forfeited in exchange for a welfare state?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Tioga County)

I don't know why Democrat Gun Owner just doesn't become a Republican because the vast majority of the current Senate and House is Republicans that support all those big government welfare programs. They just think they can run them more efficiently. EBT/food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Obamacare, Disability, etc., does anyone see Mitch Mcconnell or Paul Ryan working to get rid of those?

(Lackawanna County)

Trump Overturns Obama-Era Law: Bans All Bump Stock Devices

If I'm reading correctly it does not include triggers.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-stock-devices

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(York County)

Time for Don the Con to be a half term president

Pro gun control
    Neocon foreign policy
    No wall

Time to stay home in november and let him be impeached

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast