Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Bashes

(Washington County)

Default Gun Bashes

My brother and I am kinda new to the shooting and firearm ownership scene in Washington PA and I was wondering if anyone had a schedule of gun bashes or other events in the area that we would be able to attend and meet some people in the Washington county shooting and firearms ownership community.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gun Bashes

Welcome to the forum!

It's not a gun bash, and it's not in Washington Co., but we hold pafoa group shoots on the second Sunday of every month at Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club. It's open to all forum members, and the cost is $5.

The shoot isn't a "competitive" shoot, so don't let that hold you back as a newcomer. It's just a great way to meet a bunch of good people, and have a good time.

Here's the thread for the next shoot. All the important info is at the top of the page. If you're coming out, please say "hi" in that thread.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...c-chapter.html
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAnkrom View Post
    My brother and I am kinda new to the shooting and firearm ownership scene in Washington PA and I was wondering if anyone had a schedule of gun bashes or other events in the area that we would be able to attend and meet some people in the Washington county shooting and firearms ownership community.
    Time to pull out the ol' Dick F-in' Tracy Detective badge and see if it still works...

Your brother... Is that Ted? Possibly your father?

Damn I wish I had a yearbook handy

(Washington County)

No my brother or my father are not named Ted. You may be thinking of someone else with that one. We live around the Canonsburg area. My brother and I both went to Cannon Mac HS and my father went to Trinity HS

(Allegheny County)

All very close

I went to Beth Center with a Ted, graduated in '85

(Delaware County)

lol I see "Gun Bash" and I immediately think, "Ah shit, here we go again - another anti-constitution rally..."

Best of luck with this, brother - I am attempting to do the same thing you are, man! :-)

(Westmoreland County)

I can't say that I am familiar with the Washington County area well enough to know where any upcoming gun bashes will be, but there are a few coming up over the next 2 months in Westmoreland County. I don't know of a central listing for gun bashes, but I never seem to have a problem finding them. Two or three of the local shops usually supply the guns for the bashes, so they always have tickets to sell on the counter when I go in. If you're inclined to make the drive, March 27 there is one in Youngwood, tickets are for sale at A&S Gun Shop and Range, and the town is straight across I-70 from you guys. I also hit the Army/Navy store in Latrobe, Mark supplies a lot of bashes, and last time I was in there he had 4 or 5 different bash tickets. Hey, if you come across any upcoming bashes down your way, do me a favor and PM me, if I can make it I'd likely hit one down that way.

Good Luck!! I just went to one this past Sunday and got skunked, but the one before that one, around early November, I actually won 2 pistols from the $4 choice table.....

(Washington County)

I graduated from Canon Mac back in 90. Go Big Mac's! The wrestling team is still kicking butt. Anyways, I just joined the Dormont Mt Lebo Sportsmen's club last week. It is about 5 miles from the high school.

http://www.mdi.net/dml/

I don't know about any gun bashes (let me knw if you fins one because I would love to attend), but they do have a lot of shooting activities there. Like the NRA highpower which started about 6 minutes ago.
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

(Washington County)

I would like to join either the Dormont Mt Lebenon Sportsmans club or the Canonsburg Sportsman's Association but I need to get out to one of them sometime and meet some of the members so that I would have someone to sponsor me. If they are ever having any events that are open to the public I would enjoy the opertunity to meet some of the members.

I was a basketball player at CM. We were never half as good as the wrestlers but it was still alot of fun. Class of 03 here.

(Washington County)

Don't worry about getting to know some members at the Dormont Mt Lebo gun club. IYou just show on the last Thursday of the month and they will have a few members sponsor you.

Here is the schedule for the next new members meeting.

http://www.mdi.net/dml/

It is set for March 25 at 8 pm. I would show up about 15-20 minutes early. If you are interested.

I played soccer for CM, we were never very good, but it was fun.
    The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut that held his ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast