Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: Haven't seen this addressed?

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Horsey pucks!

Legally it might be defined as a 'brace' , but if ya can put it against yer shoulder to steady it when firing , for all practical purposes , it's technically a butt stock.

On my M4gery with 16in barrel , the collapsible Magpul stock is quite comfortable and super quick to shoulder while fully collapsed.
    And without the brace being installed you could just the same shoulder the stock tube a brace is designed so when shooting pistol one handed making it more stable and some have Velcro strap and also used by handicap shooters again like everything else just because it looks like a stock doesn't make it a stock

(Allegheny County)

Horsey pucks!

Legally it might be defined as a 'brace' , but if ya can put it against yer shoulder to steady it when firing , for all practical purposes , it's technically a butt stock.

On my M4gery with 16in barrel , the collapsible Magpul stock is quite comfortable and super quick to shoulder while fully collapsed.
    You seem to be mad that people have freedom.

Edit: LIMITED freedom.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Well nobody needs a bumpy stock or an arm brace for hunting. Therefore we should ban them and regulate them.

Just when there wasn't anything interesting to read or talk about here for a while THIS thread comes along.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Not really. Just confused by what ya can and can't do with the AR platform and what makes it a pistol or SBR. The police and the press are often confused , or distort the facts.

Probably 35 years ago I had a 16ga single shot shotgun. It was old enough to have no ser.no. , I cut the barrel down to 16 1/2in and OAL to 26 1/2in. A cop confiscated it and the ADA , now Judge Steven O'Neill tried to charge me with making a sawed-off shotgun , and removing the serial numbers. Letters from BATF stating it was perfectly legal didn't really seem to phase him. County detective said they were keeping it per ADA's orders. Cost me $500 to get a lawyer who cleared it up with a simple phone call.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

Not really. Just confused by what ya can and can't do with the AR platform and what makes it a pistol or SBR. The police and the press are often confused , or distort the facts.

Probably 35 years ago I had a 16ga single shot shotgun. It was old enough to have no ser.no. , I cut the barrel down to 16 1/2in and OAL to 26 1/2in. A cop confiscated it and the ADA , now Judge Steven O'Neill tried to charge me with making a sawed-off shotgun , and removing the serial numbers. Letters from BATF stating it was perfectly legal didn't really seem to phase him. County detective said they were keeping it per ADA's orders. Cost me $500 to get a lawyer who cleared it up with a simple phone call.
    Did you get your BOOM club back

(Lancaster County)

Focusing on the idea of shouldering that brace is stupid.

Someone who's willing to commit murder could have just as easily bought a pistol upper, attached it to a rifle lower, and there ain't anything the ATF could have done about it before he committed his crimes.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Shotguns qualify as short barreled shotguns (SBS) if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches long, or if its barrel is less than 18 inches long.

I think you may be misremembering
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Clinton County)

Nvm misread
    μολ ν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Shotguns qualify as short barreled shotguns (SBS) if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches long, or if its barrel is less than 18 inches long.

I think you may be misremembering
    Yep , 18in barrels for shotguns , 16 for carbines. Not my fault , the keyboard went out of control.

35yrs ago! They say the memory is the second thing to go!
    Last edited by abner13; August 14th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast