Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Philando Castile verdict not a good omen for concealed carriers

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Cops kill more white people than black people every year, so give the white privilege a rest, pal. It's a myth, as proven by the absence of cooperative black guys with no criminal records being killed and used as poster children for bad cops. At least 5 of the last 6 "victims" were career criminals, and if the Sharptonesque race-baiters had better examples than these criminal thugs, they'd have used them.

If you obey cop commands and don't act stupidly, odds are you won't get shot, no matter what color or religion or ethnicity you are.
    So the best way to respond is "please don't murder me. I'm a concealed carry owner and I have a firearm. Please retrieve it. I have a son I want to see him alive."

And if the wind blows your registration off the dash onto the floorboards, don't instinctively reach to grab it before it falls. That's "furtive movements".

I'd love to believe Yanez's story but... sorry. He was executed. The cop's behavior after he ventilated Philando Castile tells me all I need to know. Glad I wasn't on the jury, I would have probably hung it.
    Last edited by ArcticSplash; June 20th, 2017 at 06:17 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Sharptonesque....Don King himself couldn't have come up with anything better.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    Watched this 3 times so far.

Still looks like an execution to me. I'm sure the jury was handedly persuaded. Nonetheless I listened to everything Yanez said on tape. Maybe the defense attorney can sell a paperback explaining how everyone is wrong and he's right.

I was shaking by the end. This was horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    So the best way to respond is "please don't murder me. I'm a concealed carry owner and I have a firearm. Please retrieve it. I have a son I want to see him alive."

And if the wind blows your registration off the dash onto the floorboards, don't instinctively reach to grab it before it falls. That's "furtive movements".

I'd love to believe Yanez's story but... sorry. He was executed. The cop's behavior after he ventilated Philando Castile tells me all I need to know. Glad I wasn't on the jury, I would have probably hung it.
    Perhaps you're right, we should live in a world where cops are deemed expendable, where everyone they stop is permitted to hide his hands and reach into the glove box unexpectedly and aim what could easily be an Airsoft pistol at the cop, and then the cop has to wait for the gun to fire to make sure it's real, and see if the perp appears to be aiming at the cop instead of just test-firing the gun over the cop's head "for everyone's safety".

Yes, that would be much better, if our choices are only the absurd extremes.

Better yet, when stopped by police, just do what they tell you to do. If they make illegal demands, settle that in court, where you'll all be alive.

Did you even look at any of the videos I posted, or do you prefer the version of reality put out by the NYT?

The cop's behavior was polite, clear, and his instructions were ignored. The dead guy's girlfriend, on the other hand, appears to have no soul or conscience, as demonstrated by her promptly live-streaming his bleeding-out process. Her having a "street name" may also be relevant.

The dead guy was a scofflaw who ignored the traffic laws and the need for a license and a muffler and dozens of other things, and when he ignored the panicky cop screaming at him not to reach for a gun, that was his last mistake in a lifetime of mistakes.

Watch the videos. Bad guys act just like this guy acted, and if the cop waits to see why the subject is working off the wrong script, it could be too late. Why did the cop think that the guy had a gun and was pulling it out despite commends not to? Because the guy TOLD him he had a gun just before reaching for something. Hell, if I told you that I had a dead frog and then I immediately reached into my pocket, you'd probably expect me to pull out a dead frog. That's how people are.

Being stupid is counter-survival.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Some of the best training I did involved a special firearm hooked up to an interactive screen that was controlled by another person. You were placed in various scenarios and had to interact with the people on the screen. Anything could have happened. I think departments should mandate it and give it yearly to their officers. It can get very intense, but part of the training is aimed at helping give you a cool, calm head, but remaining vigilant for anything.

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

The cop said 'don't pull it out' the guy didn't pull it out.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Not really surprised with verdict considering the killer was a member of certain group. A group held to a lower standard, yet is covered by special privileges and immunities.

(Philadelphia County)

FF9AD6F1-7F63-4094-9621-F71463C04498.jpgFF9AD6F1-7F63-4094-9621-F71463C04498.jpg

I love my 2013 Ford Fusion... the stock visor clip puts me at ease when reaching for my credentials... I don't have to reach no where but up

As far as my firearm... not a duty to inform state means just that. I'll just stick it in the arm rest. And if I'm told to exit the car and my car is searched and my firearm is found.... until they asked the proper question of "Do you have a permit" I'm exersising my constitutional right to shut the hell up... I'm not reaching for anything. Take me to the PD and we'll sort it out

Maybe I'm overly exaggerating... but I got 1 life

(Delaware County)

I fucking hate that I agree with Phil here. This man was needlessly slaughtered all because of the collective stupidity of three separate entities - the state's, the cop's, and his own.

Must Inform laws are terrible, dangerous ideas. They only lead to additional tension, and have ZERO effect on people who aren't already legally possessing a firearm in the first place.

Cops need to be able to issue direct, specific orders when presented with certain circumstances. "Put your hands on the wheel NOW" instead of "don't reach for it" would likely have prevented this.

Why did Philando think that he needed to reach into his pants AFTER informing the officer? Unless you keep your Driver's License in the holster with your firearm, there's no reason for that.

I'm shaking after having watched the video. The cop may have justifyably been found not guilty in court...but the family is going to catch a hell of a windfall.
    Junior

(Montgomery County)

At a recent workshop I was told to following the following steps in a traffic stop:

• Car off, window down, interior light on (if at night)
    • Hands at 10 & 2 until the officer asks to see my credentials.
    • Hand over my DL and LTC at the same time.
    • Advise the officer I am licensed to carry and "have it on me."
    • Ask the offier, "how would you like me to proceed?"
    • Survive the traffic stop.

Now I am starting to doubt that I should say anything at all unless asked.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast