Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default biggest shop in philly

im looking for the biggest best shop in philly i went to locks im new to the area basicly the best selection in philly please help i bought a .44spl snubby
    the gun is small with plenty of punch

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: biggest shop in philly

In my opinion the best overall shop/range is South Philadelphia Archery & Gun near Geno's and Pat's in south Philly but I guess it depends on what exactly you're looking for when you mean best.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Delaware County)

Default In my opinion the best overall shop/range is

In my opinion the best overall shop/range is The Firing Line,Inc at Front and Tasker in the heart of South Philly. Good selection, great counter help, Remington dealer. Their phone is 215*336*1710.

Best regards,
    chalmitch

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: In my opinion the best overall shop/range is

Quote Originally Posted by chalmitch View Post
    In my opinion the best overall shop/range is The Firing Line,Inc at Front and Tasker in the heart of South Philly. Good selection, great counter help, Remington dealer. Their phone is 215*336*1710.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    I'll second this for gun selection, they seem to carry a wider variety of guns in stock, however the BEST place in philly for gun selection is actually Colisimo's on spring garden, they have guns that are quite rare such as HK94's, SP89's, lots of older WWII stuff and so on.

My post for SPA&G was for overall since Firing Line does not let you shoot rifle calibers and their range isn't as advanced.
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

SPAG is 100 times nicer then ANY gun shop in the whole city.. easy.. Trust me on this. If you travel to Southampton (20 mins outside the city) you will find the absolute BEST gun shop in the area.. Classic pistol. Clean, well lit and ventlated range and good selection.. ..
    Beretta 8000f Inox, S&W 686 6", Armscor 1911A1, Beretta 92fs, Alchemy Spectre, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Taurus Tracker .17HMR, Firestorm ultra compact 9mm.. All stainless

http://tinyurl.com/7zoma

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGN View Post
    SPAG is 100 times nicer then ANY gun shop in the whole city.. easy.. Trust me on this. If you travel to Southampton (20 mins outside the city) you will find the absolute BEST gun shop in the area.. Classic pistol. Clean, well lit and ventlated range and good selection.. ..
    I'll second that, if you're willing to leave the city Classic Pistol is a nice place, I've only been there once and I didn't shoot there but I liked what I saw.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I'll second that, if you're willing to leave the city Classic Pistol is a nice place, I've only been there once and I didn't shoot there but I liked what I saw.
    I was a member for several years -- it is a really nice place, and at one time had really good prices (they may still have, but I haven't bought a gun there in at least 5 years). Generally the bigger places with more selection are in the outer ring suburbs, like French Creek or Targetmaster.

Within city limits, Firing Line, SPAG, and Lock's are all serviceable places to buy. (Lock's is also a CZ armorer, which mattered to me back when I owned CZ75s.)

As much as I like to support the little guy, it's hard to compete with online sources for large quantities of ammo or any accessories (holsters, etc). Buying a gun at the local range you're going to join anyway is a nice way to ingratiate yourself to the ownership, though, and you may get breaks from them over time that make up for any slight differential in cost.
    Last edited by dgg9; October 9th, 2006 at 09:57 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Lock's has to be the best gun store in Phila. I've been a customer of their's for twenty years. If you need it, they can find it. The gun smith there is top of the line.

(Luzerne County)

I don't live in Philly now. But years ago I was aware of Mr. Lock and his Dad. H e did some bartering then. If you mention, maybe he would remember the fellow his Dad and he traded me from a Wheellock for an earlier S & W 357 T he present Mr. Lock was a fine stockmaker, I beleive he has one masterpeice of his work on a rifle. One of his friends at the time was a man Named 'Bud,' who I beleive once owned a VW dealership in Jersey.

Edn Frost