Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PPD shoots man in leg w/man's gun while attempting to disarm him

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    That whole "remove the gun for safety" thing has *always* bothered me - it's holstered, I'm not fingering it, leave it the f$%# alone. When I had to deal with it in person (SEPTA PD) I was only slightly comforted by the fact that I had the thumb safety engaged on my 1911 while Officer Friendly was struggling to remove it from my IWB - a comfort that quickly faded when he tried to clear a (unfamiliar) hot weapon on an occupied train platform.

Carson, if you see this, what is the justification they teach you for doing this?
    He's not SEPTA
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    He's not SEPTA
    Same academy.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

He's not SEPTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Same academy.
    Same city.

Same action.

Not remotely suggesting same department.

Just wondering what any of them are taught...

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyPullover View Post
    Who will survive longer Gary Busy or Keith Richards?
    Keith will be doing lines of blow off of Gary's teeth, while he lays in the coffin.

Just wondering what any of them are taught...
    Every situation is different and requires officer discretion. Sadly, some have no idea what that is or how to use it.

Carson, if you see this, what is the justification they teach you for doing this?
    The guy with the gun was just involved in a shooting the removal of the gun was probably a good idea. The gun is evidence. However, since the guy was not a threat, removing the holster with the gun inside would have been the best bet, not while he was still wearing it.

I used to allow people to keep their firearms, depending on the situation. Simple traffic stop, and they tell me, they are keeping the gun during the entire stop. A D.U.I. stop the gun is not remaining with the person. I had a simple rule, you keep your gun where it is, and I'll keep my gun where it is. One time a passenger threw his unloaded pistol on the roof, before the car was stopped. (slide locked back and mag out) The driver got a ticket and was sent on his way. The gun was returned to the passenger.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Susquehanna County)

That whole "remove the gun for safety" thing has *always* bothered me - it's holstered, I'm not fingering it, leave it the f$%# alone. When I had to deal with it in person (SEPTA PD) I was only slightly comforted by the fact that I had the thumb safety engaged on my 1911 while Officer Friendly was struggling to remove it from my IWB - a comfort that quickly faded when he tried to clear a (unfamiliar) hot weapon on an occupied train platform.

Yes the whole remove the gun for my safety thing bothers me too! You want to take my gun for YOUR safety? For MY safety leave it in the holster and I'll keep my hands crossed on my chest where you can see them.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Chester County)

He's not SEPTA
    They both receive the same training.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Sometimes I think the only safe way is to have a biometric holster that only you can remove the pistol from the holster so when they ask for it you just hand them the whole package at once. This keeps them and apparently you safe.

Anybody know of any biometric holsters? LOL
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    Sometimes I think the only safe way is to have a biometric holster that only you can remove the pistol from the holster so when they ask for it you just hand them the whole package at once. This keeps them and apparently you safe.

It could be done.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

It comes standard with the purchase of a smart gun

(Delaware County)

I don't think there's an officer out there who thinks taking your gun for safety would be willing to let *you* manipulate the holster in any way...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast