Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Can I "reregister" a lower?

So I bought a lower a few months back and, in my usual way, am collecting parts as I go. LPK, stock when it was on sale, barrel when it was on sale, so on. But after seeing the relative ease of getting into NFA with a can, I am considering doing an SBR instead of a pinned and welded 14.5" like I was going to do. Here's my inquiry: can I go back to the LGS I purchased from with my bill of sale and have this reregistered into an SBR lower on a Form 1?

Default Re: Can I "reregister" a lower?

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    So I bought a lower a few months back and, in my usual way, am collecting parts as I go. LPK, stock when it was on sale, barrel when it was on sale, so on. But after seeing the relative ease of getting into NFA with a can, I am considering doing an SBR instead of a pinned and welded 14.5" like I was going to do. Here's my inquiry: can I go back to the LGS I purchased from with my bill of sale and have this reregistered into an SBR lower on a Form 1?
    You can register it yourself with the ATF. I believe you can do that via e-filling and have it approved quicker.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    You can register it yourself with the ATF. I believe you can do that via e-filling and have it approved quicker.
    Correct. If the FFL is an 07/02 FFL/SOT, they can "manufacture" the SBR by filing a Form 2, but of course, they are going to charge you for something you can do yourself with a Form 1, PLUS you won't get the SBR until the Form 4 is completed in 9 months if you use an FFL/SOT. If you do it yourself, you maintain possession of it the entire time.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Correct. If the FFL is an 07/02 FFL/SOT, they can "manufacture" the SBR by filing a Form 2, but of course, they are going to charge you for something you can do yourself with a Form 1, PLUS you won't get the SBR until the Form 4 is completed in 9 months if you use an FFL/SOT. If you do it yourself, you maintain possession of it the entire time.
    I'm assuming that is this:

https://eforms.atf.gov/EForms/faces/...e=8clfxcs6u_39

Create a username and log in, fill in where needed, submit fingerprints.

All you need to do is go get two fingerprint cards done and two passport photos, you can take photos with your cell phone on a white background.
    Then go to the ATF E-file website and set up an account, fill out the form 1 wait for the email and print out the cover sheet. Get two envelops and mail everything out with your fingerprints. Two or three weeks later print out your tax stamp from your Email. Done.

Oh and get your lower engraved with your name, town and state.

I'm probably forgetting something.... But it was quick and simple...
    Last edited by :-); May 21st, 2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    All you need to do is go get two fingerprint cards done and two passport photos, you can take photos with your cell phone on a white background.
    Then go to the ATF E-file website and set up an account, fill out the form 1 wait for the email and print out the cover sheet. Get two envelops and mail everything out with your fingerprints. Two or three weeks later print out your tax stamp from your Email. Done.

All my stuff is filled for my SBS, too lazy to get my picture taken.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post

I'm maybe 45mins away from LaserWorx so engraving is easy. Plus I used him before and I know he does excellent work with a quick turnaround time. I'm assuming with the two envelopes it'll be 1 fingerprint card, 1 passport photo and 1 cover sheet in each? Both mailed to ATF or one to ATF and one somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I'm maybe 45mins away from LaserWorx so engraving is easy. Plus I used him before and I know he does excellent work with a quick turnaround time. I'm assuming with the two envelopes it'll be 1 fingerprint card, 1 passport photo and 1 cover sheet in each? Both mailed to ATF or one to ATF and one somewhere else?
    I think it was one envelope each... It's been a while... I did two builds at the same time. LOL..
    I'm not 100% sure
    If you go to the ATF website they explain how to do it...'

That's where I got mine engraved... Nice people and they came out perfect.
    Last edited by :-); May 22nd, 2019 at 06:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast