Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ATF Home Visit

(Berks County)

Default Re: ATF Home Visit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueContact125 View Post
    They told me they were checking up on the gun because of the store closing and they wanted to verify the serial number bc the paperwork looked like it may have say "8" or "B"
    Omg that is such a bs story they made up. No way atf is sending agents for sloppy hand writing. They know the serial number ranges Ruger uses. Here in Pa the state police do the door knocking on dumb shit like that. They make up crap like ruger used the same serial number twice. Lie lie lies.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueContact125 View Post
    Yeah they were being pretty nice and were respectful and all. It just really shook me. I didn't really ask any questions. I only asked them to tell me why that specific gun and then they gave me the story of not being able to read the serial number on the paperwork. They said it was " standard procedure" to check up on guns from shut down shops if they weren't able to read serial numbers on the paperwork for "verification" purposes.
    I saw a video where the trailers full of records are kept. The back log is tremendous. They have to scan them then convert to a jpeg so no ocr will work on them and then trash the originals but ai is now able to use the pictures as a database. I do not believe a word they told you. My money is on a crime investigation.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Back when I was still in school a friend and I were on lunch break and decided to check out some of the second hand shops downtown. We stopped in one and talked to the guy while looking at the stuff, he had some guns and a lot of other stuff. After about 20 minutes we went back tot he car and stopped at the sign on Water Street & King. As we were waiting to turn, a police cruiser turned left across us and the cop stared us down. We made our left onto King and got into the far right lane to turn right onto South Prince.

While waiting for the light, a cruiser pulled up behind us, one pulled up beside, and another pulled up beside him. The light changed and all of us made the right hand turn, even though there was only one turn lane. Just that quick, all 3 cruisers lit us up. We pulled over and I got my documents in order. Cop asked for them and then said that the reason we got pulled over was because my inspection sticker looked funny. Well that was expected since my windshield had been shot out the week before and the sticker was on a square piece of glass in the corner. I explained what happened, and they asked where we were and where we were going ran our information and then just let us go.

It wasn't until that afternoon that I pieced together why we got stopped that way. A woman had been murdered the night before and the general description was white male in a brown car. City cops were essentially sweeping the area for any cars with drivers that matched that description. It wasn't until a couple years later that I learned from a newspaper article that the store we spent time was a police front for buying stolen goods and gathering information about those selling it.

I'm sure the police here will say that the reason for the stop was for the inspection sticker on the glass, but does it really take 3 cops to pull someone over for a simple sticker infraction? Nope, it doesn't, but it seems there were three cops in close proximity shortly after we left that store. Another interesting aspect was hat I was dating a girl that lived on the same street as the murdered woman. Had the police actually searched the car they would have found a hunting knife I kept in the glove box and my school books in the trunk in a wooden crate labeled "Detonating Fuses".
    Were you in a brown car ?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Fair enough, and I agree entirely. On the other hand, if you have pulled me over for either of the reasons I listed, then you have begun the encounter in violation of those principles. I will regard you accordingly, no matter how polite I may be during the encounter.
    Stopped for simply driving at 2am. Wrong. “Being in the wrong neighborhood.” Wrong. But your speeding needs a little context. 5 over on the interstate or through a residential neighborhood?

And most people aren’t happy that they are being stopped. It’s part of the job. If I wanted people to like me, I would have been a firefighter.

(Berks County)

Yeah, I was going to mention my big boating accident..but I didn’t want to get ratted out for not having a boating license or something (;

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    All you white guys look alike.

Noah
    Yeah I thought I read that backwards too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Were you in a brown car ?
    Yup, and by chance I was in another brown car later that same afternoon and we got stopped again.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

When you are pulled over by a cop and are told, straight up, you were pulled over for the simple fact that you are driving around at 2AM (which I have), or you are pulled over and told, straight up, the reason you were pulled over is that you were going 5mph over the speed limit (which I have), the satirical view you posted becomes much closer to reality.
    The first one happens in hooker and drug neighborhoods and the second in speed traps or school zones.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Yup, and by chance I was in another brown car later that same afternoon and we got stopped again.
    I thought you guys were restricted to black cars.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Stopped for simply driving at 2am. Wrong. “Being in the wrong neighborhood.” Wrong. But your speeding needs a little context. 5 over on the interstate or through a residential neighborhood?

And most people aren’t happy that they are being stopped. It’s part of the job. If I wanted people to like me, I would have been a firefighter.
    Not in Philadelphia. Move shot at them also.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast