Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Input for machine gun rental business - RANGE Options

H&K G36K select-fire assault rifle. I have shot a lot of machine guns in my life, but this baby is one of my favorites. We just received it yesterday and we probably put 500 rounds through it today without any issues. It's lightweight, accurate, easy recoil, and gotta love that embedded scope built into the carrying handle. Check out the YouTube video and tell me what you think:

YouTube Video

Gotta love that light recoil.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Washington County)

So what's next on the MG list?

Did you finalize the lay out for the new range?
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    So what's next on the MG list?
    These machine guns have been purchased and just waiting for the ATF paperwork to arrive. All of these should be in stock for the April 15th shoot.

M60
    Walther MPK
    Uzi
    H&K HK-53
    AK-47
    STEN MKIII
    MP5-10
    M16 in 458 SOCOM

and these are the first two we are going to build once our manufacturer license gets approved:

AR10 in 308 (full-auto)
    Glock 19 (full-auto)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Did you finalize the lay out for the new range?
    Not yet. I haven't had the time to get a good feel for the lay of the land yet. The next nice day I'm going to go over with my 100 foot tape measure and walk around for a while. It's to bad we can't shoot East to West, we could have a nice long range (500+ yards), but North to South is the safest layout so that's what we are going to go with. I'm planning on one 100' range initially just for the machine gun shooting rental business, then decide within the year if we want to add one or two more for public use, so it's important will I put the first range.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.

(Blair County)

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W76QtdbauA&list=UUdcCOy7B_y0QoDslrDhUBew
    notice the comment under the video
    The only MG I've ever shot, that wasnt any fun to shoot. Recoil is BRUTAL.

(Cambria County)

Not a MG (probably AOW?), and may not even be available... I think a 9mm AT-4 trainer would probably be a hit with some customers.

(Washington County)

What about a PKM? Or RPD? Get some Russian in the mix! Cheap ammo...

I was recently at a gun range where the trap/skeet ranges where on higher ground over the 200 yard rifle range that ran perpendicular to it. Obviously the rifle range couldn't be used during clay pigeon shooting but my point is ranges can be overlapping and used independently. Don't be afraid to get creative. Hell, I've been at one club where the 200 yard range shoots directly OVER the club house from one hill to another.
    Last edited by JoshIronshaft; December 1st, 2014 at 11:05 PM.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Washington County)

We just received an email that our full-auto AK-47 and full-auto STEN Mark III machine guns will be shipped tomorrow. It's going to be a fun weekend at the range!!

Don't forget to enter the drawing for a chance to win one of the 5-machine gun tickets for our April Machine Gun Shoot.

(Washington County)

Range Update:

Excavator, bulldozer, and skid steer are scheduled to start digging April 23rd. Range will be 50 feet wide and 100 yards long with an additional backstop at 25 yards on half of the range. Using fly-ash on the backstops. Initially the parking lot and firing line will be gravel, but plan on putting down asphalt in 2016.

One unique thing we plan on doing throughout the summer is building 2-man military style wooden bunkers from 100 to 150 yards out so guests can "try to shoot" 40mm chalk rounds from the soon-to-be-purchased M203 into the bunkers, should be fun, plus if we ever get techie enough (and have the budget) put pop-up silhouette targets into the bunkers.

Since I last posted, we have added these MG's into our inventory:

P90
    SCAR 17
    G18
    10 full-auto M4's
    MP5-10mm

(Allegheny County)

That sounds awesome! I definitely want to check the range out once it's done.

(Washington County)

They were selling those military pop up targets at Knob Creek last fall. They were priced "reasonably" enough that my buddy bought 10 or so for his range in Ohio.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast