Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Buying ammo out of state?

Is thier any issues related to buying ammo in the state of DE if your from the state of PA? You just never know what a different state reqiures and wanted to know.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Buying ammo out of state?

Nope. If you can buy it in the selling state and it's legal in your state, you are fine.

Al

(Armstrong County)

I buy ammo all the time out of state
    Never had a problem. i usually buy in Ohio, WVa, Va, NC. when I go for work. I've learned where the smaller gun shops are and they usually have something I need in stock.

I never buy in Md, PRNJ or PRNY

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    I never buy in Md, PRNJ or PRNY
    Given that these 2 states are one of the stricter states, buying from these places are actually the best bet. Then again, there are no bets when it comes to ammo really.

Al

(Cambria County)

I was wondering this too...I was im MD two weeks ago, and we went to the bass pro shop that we found(by accident when we kinda got lost) and they had pistol ammo just sittin out on shelves... i was tempted to buy some but didnt wanna get carded(im younger and sometimes require carding, haha) and them make a fool out of me for something for being outta state. if MD is so strict how come pistol ammo is always under lock and key in stores here, but there was tons of 9mm and .45ACP just sitting in front of me? But it was some kinda Winchester SXT(black and red box) or somethin i've never saw on a shelve here(dont really know what it is). o and for those who care, about a whole skid of .223 but i forget the price cuz i dont have an AR
    You'll thank me when no one eats our brains......you'll thank me

(Venango County)

Only real issue there is "Use Tax" If they do not charge you sales tax there, you are supposed to pay an amount equal to your local sales tax on that item as "Use Tax"

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Chester County)

Just a point of interest - out-of-staters cannot purchase handgun ammo, except at a range for immediate use, in the PRNJ.

(Lebanon County)

Cool Re: Buying ammo out of state?

I buy (yes in MD) all the time..We are originally from MD and have friends and family there..I never have any problem buying any type of ammo there..

When you got lost and found the Bass Pro...We practically lived at that store when it first opened!

My parents are retired and are travelling the country. I have asked them to pick up ammo along the way when they find it cheap! Not sure how much they have now, but I am sure its quite a bit from several different states. I'm wondering about them being able to mail it to me...May as well wait till they get around this part of the country again..

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Searcher67 View Post
    I buy (yes in MD) all the time..We are originally from MD and have friends and family there..I never have any problem buying any type of ammo there..

When you got lost and found the Bass Pro...We practically lived at that store when it first opened!

My parents are retired and are travelling the country. I have asked them to pick up ammo along the way when they find it cheap! Not sure how much they have now, but I am sure its quite a bit from several different states. I'm wondering about them being able to mail it to me...May as well wait till they get around this part of the country again..
    They just need to ship it via a common carrier, not USPS. UPS is highly recommended. The ammo needs to be well-packed. The package needs to be be labeled "ORM-D Cartridges - Small Arms" (large letters label) and picked up by a UPS driver or dropped off at a main shipping location. The UPS Store will NOT accept the package.

Al