As posted in my previous thread, I was having issues with my Mark III which were entirely caused by the LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator). Upon removing the LCI, I have experienced 3 stovepipes in close to 1000 rounds (which all happened when my girlfriend shot it and is completely acceptable regardless).

In my quest for the solution to my problem, I stumbled upon this site: http://www.guntalk-online.com/detailstrip.htm which also had a lot of forum threads on disabling things like the magazine disconnect.

I figured I would disable the magazine disconnect to make the assembly and disassembly process that much easier (won't need to insert and remove magazines).

I purchased a Volquartsen Ruger Mark II hammer bushing from Midway as well as a new Volquartsen Mark II/III target sear. I figured if I was going to disassemble it anyway, I might as well do it all at once.

Taking it apart was easy with the site's step by step instructions. Installation was easy and reassembly went without a hitch. I noticed immediately that the trigger pull was even lighter and better than before (which I think the stock Mark III trigger is actually pretty good).

I am extremely pleased with how easy everything went. Now I am still waiting on the Volquartsen Bolt Tune Up kit (firing pin and extractor) that I ordered directly from Volquartsen. I got an order confirmation, but they still have not shipped yet despite the Midway order being placed the next day. I didn't anticipate the midway order or else I would have probably ordered the Mark II bushing and sear directly through Volquartsen (and would still be waiting).

And all of this happened just when I thought I couldn't love my problem free Ruger Mark III even more.

The Volquartsen Sear and Mark II bushing get my 2 thumbs up for ease and delivering exactly what they claim to at a very modest price.

-Zach