Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: STOP, DETAIN, SEARCH - What CAN an Officer Do Legally (IANAL)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Now, logic dictates that there is a high probability you are hiding something, so is the search on? But, I am thinking legally, they cannot search barring any RAS of a crime other than your taking the 5th.
    Withholding consent and refusing to speak without counsel are NEVER probable cause, ANYWHERE.
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Withholding consent and refusing to speak without counsel are NEVER probable cause, ANYWHERE.
    You left this part out:

Of course, what probably happens is you're searched and anything that is found as 'contraband' is attempted to be suppressed by your lawyer.

What a gamble the law seems to have become IMHO.
    Per statute, if violated, the object may be searched for and found, THEN, your lawyer has to move to strike later as inadmissable because the evidence was gathered illegally eg. no RAS or probable cause existed.

Not exactly synonymous with 'innocent until proven guilty' if you ask me. But I guess that is the way it is done and people are fine with it. Seems risky to me if you do accidentally or intentionally have a violation or contraband in your car.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    You left this part out:

Per statute, if violated, the object may be searched for and found, THEN, your lawyer has to move to strike later as inadmissable because the evidence was gathered illegally eg. no RAS or probable cause existed.

Not exactly synonymous with 'innocent until proven guilty' if you ask me. But I guess that is the way it is done and people are fine with it. Seems risky to me if you do accidentally or intentionally have a violation or contraband in your car.
    I don't. If a cop decides he's going to violate my rights to find out, he can expect to experience the administrative and civil litigational equivalent of the last thirty minutes of "Tombstone". There will be a reckoning, and without a shred of mercy or human compassion.

I hate bullies.
    I hold grudges.
    I have no sense of proportion.

If he's willing to operate under those rules, then I say "go for it".
    Je suis Charles Martel.

(Delaware County)

excellent write up, ID.

kudos!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(York County)

With the inclusion of some references to more current cases, I thought the newer members here might benefit from an overview of cases related to Terry Frisks & other 4th Amendment issues...

-ID-

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonE View Post
    You mention here "OCing" which I understand but then you also mention "printing" as if everyone is supposed to know what you're talking about,what?is this guy that you're talking about running a mobile copy shop or some such crap?what's with this "printing while OCing"?
    You mad, bro?

Twice in the post you quoted I saw a reference to printing, and in both instances he said " ...OCing, or printing while CCing..."

Can you explain yourself? It is only your post that makes no sense.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Is it even possible to print while oc'ing? I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    FJB

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Is it even possible to print while oc'ing? I'm still trying to figure that one out.
    Why sure, haven't you ever operated a moveable type printing press while OC'ing your firearm?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why sure, haven't you ever operated a moveable type printing press while OC'ing your firearm?
    Thats the only thing i can think of. Does it run on batteries? solar?
    FJB

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonE View Post
    You clowns have proven my point about how you people have no consideration,regard or respect for anyone,not even your own selves.I asked what in the hell does "printing" while "OCing" means and instead of helping out those that are new to owning firearms what you childish idiots instead do is to ridicule,mock and make the new comers here feel like crap and you people are extremely proud of all of that aren't you?To show you selfish idiots that I do in fact know what "printing while OCing" means and for the benefit of those that are new here which we all know won't be here for very long because you childish idiots will run them out of here with your insults and your bullshit "printing refers to the outline on your clothing that carrying a firearm can/may leave.Go ahead and give me an infraction for stating the truth about you people and this shit forum of yours that instead of using to help what you idiots use this forum for is to make fun of those that don't know,what?you idiots came in here knowing all there is to know about firearms,"OCing","printing" and the like?YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES ACTING AS YOU DO THEN THINKING THAT YOU'RE ALL SUCH HOT SHIT,AND BY THE WAY "streaker69" NOT EVERYTHING CAN RUN ON BATTERIES LIKE HOW YOUR WIFE'S "B.O.B.",GIVE IT A TRY IF YOU ALREADY HAVEN'T TO SEE IF YOU CAN GET IT JERRY-RIGGED TO USE SOLAR,IT'S THE LEAST YOU CAN DO AND BESIDES,THAT MAY KEEP YOUR WIFE AT HOME WITH YOU WHERE SHE BELONGS.LOL!!!! THAT'S IN REPLY TO: ---Quote (Originally by streaker69)---
    ---End Quote---
    Thats the only thing i can think of. Does it run on batteries? solar?
    BRING ON THE INFRACTIONS,BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU TINY LIMP DICK CLOWNS KNOW HOW TO DO IS TO MAKE FUN OF THE NEW PEOPLE HERE INSTEAD OF HELPING THEM AND GIVING INFRACTIONS WHEN YOU GET CHALLENGED WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR STUPID SHIT SELVES,THE MAJORITY OF YOU HERE SHOULD HAVE YOUR GUNS AND YOUR FIREARMS CONFISCATED AND REVOKED WITH THE SHAMELESS IMMATURE WAY THAT THE MAJORITY OF YOU CONDUCT YOURSELVES ON THIS FORUM MAKING FUN AT PEOPLE THAT ARE NEW THEN THINKING THAT MAKES YOU SUCH BIG SHOTS WHEN ALL YOU REALLY ARE IS A BUNCH OF LITTLE SHITS.CHILDREN MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH GUNS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SO I'LL BE DAMNED IF I KNOW WHY SO MANY OF YOU CHILDISH IMMATURE RETARDS HAVE GUNS AND FIREARMS PERMITS.LOL!!!!BRING ON THE INFRACTIONS BECAUSE THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE THE TRUTH OR THE FACT THAT YOU CHILDISH IDIOTS OWN GUNS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOUR COWARD-PUNK SELVES AND YOUR TINY LIL LIMP DICKS,AND BY THE WAY "streaker69" DON'T FORGET TO PICK UP EXTRA BATTERIES FOR YOUR WIFE'S B.O.B. WHEN YOU GO DOWN TO BUY HER MORE KOTEX.LMAO!!!!!
    Wow, grow up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast