Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Gubernatorial Candidate Paul Mango's 2nd Amendment Stance

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    A candidate proclaiming to be pro-gun posing with a semi auto may be good. However like my post said, I am namely interested in where they stand on specific 2nd amendment topics. Furthermore, a democrat candidate especially on Federal level is most likely to be anti-gun. Even if they are not, if they win they will aid the democrats to take the house and or senate. If that happens expect to find anti-gun democrats as chairman of subcommittees in addition to the speaker of the house and leader of the Senate positions. To sum it up I don’t trust any democrat on the 2nd amendment and I am suspicious of a candidate that makes vague comments like this candidate’s website does on the subject of guns.

We're on the same page.

(Beaver County)

Yes, mango is not perfect enough so let another democrat get elected. I've heard that song before.

The democrats vote en block, while the republicans argue about the color of the drapes.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    A candidate proclaiming to be pro-gun posing with a semi auto may be good. However like my post said, I am namely interested in where they stand on specific 2nd amendment topics. Furthermore, a democrat candidate especially on Federal level is most likely to be anti-gun. Even if they are not, if they win they will aid the democrats to take the house and or senate. If that happens expect to find anti-gun democrats as chairman of subcommittees in addition to the speaker of the house and leader of the Senate positions. To sum it up I don’t trust any democrat on the 2nd amendment and I am suspicious of a candidate that makes vague comments like this candidate’s website does on the subject of guns.
    Ask him. Seriously, if you have a question, send it to him. I did, it took a couple of days, be he responded personally. My question was on his service record so I could find someone who served with him to get a measure, but I've seen MANY questions asked of him of FaceBook, and they all get answered directly and with out wish wash hedge words.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Ask him. Seriously, if you have a question, send it to him. I did, it took a couple of days, be he responded personally. My question was on his service record so I could find someone who served with him to get a measure, but I've seen MANY questions asked of him of FaceBook, and they all get answered directly and with out wish wash hedge words.

Haha!
    His commercials though, lead one to believe that he was a "combat Marine" since it's followed up with "...and he still likes to shoot!"

The local news says he served 4 years with almost two years as a "military prosecutor in Okinawa".
    He's currently in the Marine reserves.

Either way you look at it, he's a democrat, and that really wipes out any real or fake support of gun rights, since the people he hangs with are absolutely 300% against gun rights.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Haha!
    His commercials though, lead one to believe that he was a "combat Marine" since it's followed up with "...and he still likes to shoot!"

The local news says he served 4 years with almost two years as a "military prosecutor in Okinawa".
    He's currently in the Marine reserves.

Either way you look at it, he's a democrat, and that really wipes out any real or fake support of gun rights, since the people he hangs with are absolutely 300% against gun rights.
    We talking the same guy? Mango was in the 82d Abn, that's Army, granted he was a cannon cocker, but he did attend the Ranger School and got his tab. I've never heard anything about him being associated with Marines. Similar, I've not seen the new commercial.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The democrat, "Lamb" shows him shooting an AR15 in his TV commercial. I wonder how many people are fooled by that.
    His AR-15. Which he'll get to keep.

The rest of us? Who knows?

(Allegheny County)

We talking the same guy? Mango was in the 82d Abn, that's Army, granted he was a cannon cocker, but he did attend the Ranger School and got his tab. I've never heard anything about him being associated with Marines. Similar, I've not seen the new commercial.

No. The topic was shifted temporarily to Conor Lamb and his commercial saying that he was a Marine where it then it cuts to a shot of him shooting an AR15 and the narrator saying "And he still loves to shoot!"

Was not talking about Mango.

(Columbia County)

I would hope that the NRA and other gun groups ask him specific questions on his 2nd amendment stance as well as the other candidates and publish the results. The problem is his website is so vague on that issue. I realize he cannot address every 2nd amendment issue on his site, but he could at least give us a summarization as to where he stands. The” you can trust me to always stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights. We need to enforce existing gun laws, not punish law-abiding citizens” doesn’t cut it. I’m suspicious that he is avoiding the details for a reason and that reason is not favorable to gun rights.

(Berks County)

Lets just say it again. WAGNER. WAGNER.

(Bucks County)

MAPAGANER! Make PA great again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast