Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Who says pistol caliber carbines are worthless?

Tell that to this guy.

Yes, he just put a smiley face on that target. Priceless.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Default Re: Who says pistol caliber carbines are worthless?

I'm not impressed.

1.If I didn't misunderstand anything. The camera and target were at 100 yards and he was speaking into the camera, not later dubbed over narration. He was able to walk 100 yards in about 2-3 seconds to fire.

2. did he draw that video with little kids crayons? Could it be more poor of quality, crooked, misaligned?

3. we all know the bullets will fly that far, its a matter of them having enough stopping power and the accuracy to put them there on a live, moving, dangerous tartet. Thats a whole lot different than shooting a inanimate steel one. I have a hi point 995 and recent did the same thing.

(Lancaster County)

If I had more money right now I'd gladly get a 7.62x25 upper for my AR. Those thing are AMAZING according to the guys at Aim Surplus.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lehigh County)

1.If I didn't misunderstand anything. The camera and target were at 100 yards and he was speaking into the camera, not later dubbed over narration. He was able to walk 100 yards in about 2-3 seconds to fire.
    I'm fairly certain the camera was with him at 100 yards away from the target, as can be evidenced from the slight delay between seeing the bullet strikes and hearing them. The camera was just zoomed way into the target to see the impacts more clearly. Obviously it wasn't well-adjusted for focus.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    I'm not impressed.

2. did he draw that video with little kids crayons? Could it be more poor of quality, crooked, misaligned?

3. we all know the bullets will fly that far, its a matter of them having enough stopping power and the accuracy to put them there on a live, moving, dangerous tartet. Thats a whole lot different than shooting a inanimate steel one. I have a hi point 995 and recent did the same thing.
    I think you did misunderstand the method used to videotape this.

The camera was situated, as was the shooter, 100 yards away from the target. The poor video quality is caused by using a digital zoom, in addition to the optical zoom, to cover the distance.

As for the ballistics. I bet hitting someone in the head at 100 yards with a 9mm will have a debilitating impact. It will certainly compel them to rethink their current actions. I have dumped deer at near that distance with a lever gun loaded with .38 Specials. Two out of the same herd, running.

I have seen both CPratt and Low Capacity, members here, shoot with the same accuracy shown in this video, and they do it with Kel-Tec sub 2000s. Not taking anything away from the shooter in the video, but I would expect this accuracy from a Beretta. Afterall, they are the oldest, longest running, firearm manufacturer in the world. Especially if he as any type of optic, shit I would hunt with it, if it were legal of course

Be safe (and do not get shot with anything,...at any distance. Worked for me so far).

Scott

(Lehigh County)

I don't have my own data to post but have found some interesting info on the net. It seems the 9mm out of a 16" bbl would be moving at @ 1030fps and 290 lbft at 100 yds. I would say that is lethal enough for me. For those unfamiliar, this is comparable to a compact pistol at point blank range.

Source: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=194651
    "according to the software the 9mm out of a 18" barrel with standard 125 fmj would have 324 ftlb and 1081 fps at 100 yards and out of a 4" pistol it would be at 290 ftlb and 1029fps at 100 yards "
    So at 100 yards, the carbine provides 52 fps greater velocity than the pistol. That is similar to the results I got with my loads. The Carbine provides some, but not much increase in velocity. Not nearly as much as the .357 carbine increase over the .357 revolver.

I found other information, which stated similar info... I went to ask.com and typed in the question.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    If I had more money right now I'd gladly get a 7.62x25 upper for my AR. Those thing are AMAZING according to the guys at Aim Surplus.
    I looked on Aim and didnt see anything

link ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ReconLdr View Post
    I don't have my own data to post but have found some interesting info on the net. It seems the 9mm out of a 16" bbl would be moving at @ 1030fps and 290 lbft at 100 yds. I would say that is lethal enough for me. For those unfamiliar, this is comparable to a compact pistol at point blank range.

Source: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=194651
    "according to the software the 9mm out of a 18" barrel with standard 125 fmj would have 324 ftlb and 1081 fps at 100 yards and out of a 4" pistol it would be at 290 ftlb and 1029fps at 100 yards "
    So at 100 yards, the carbine provides 52 fps greater velocity than the pistol. That is similar to the results I got with my loads. The Carbine provides some, but not much increase in velocity. Not nearly as much as the .357 carbine increase over the .357 revolver.

I found other information, which stated similar info... I went to ask.com and typed in the question.
    I have a sub2k, it is fun toy, I wouldnt really call it anything more. I think if you can have something rifle sized, and you need to fight for your life, it would be better to have a rifle.
    but for steel ! 9mm carbine baby !
    Kel-tec includes this chart in the manual
    pretty cool

couldnt resize it, so here also:
    http://www.mouseguns.com/sub2000/ballist.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Swarner793 View Post
    I think you did misunderstand the method used to videotape this.

The camera was situated, as was the shooter, 100 yards away from the target. The poor video quality is caused by using a digital zoom, in addition to the optical zoom, to cover the distance.

As for the ballistics. I bet hitting someone in the head at 100 yards with a 9mm will have a debilitating impact. It will certainly compel them to rethink their current actions. I have dumped deer at near that distance with a lever gun loaded with .38 Specials. Two out of the same herd, running.

I have seen both CPratt and Low Capacity, members here, shoot with the same accuracy shown in this video, and they do it with Kel-Tec sub 2000s. Not taking anything away from the shooter in the video, but I would expect this accuracy from a Beretta. Afterall, they are the oldest, longest running, firearm manufacturer in the world. Especially if he as any type of optic, shit I would hunt with it, if it were legal of course

Be safe (and do not get shot with anything,...at any distance. Worked for me so far).

Scott
    I may very well may be wrong....thats why I said what I did. The video was so poor, not only in quality but description. Hey may have thought he was being descriptive, but he really wasn't.

And I wouldn't want hit with a 9mm at 100 yards. I'm just backing up why others say they are "worthless" at longer distances. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice for offensive weapons at that range if given the option, though.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Linky. Linky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast