Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tobyhanna SGL Range Reports

Hey Rosco,You want to really see the worse asshats at a range.Back from Florida 5/5/17 today after the 1st AD from an older gent about 85 store sold him a Glock 22 for his first gun ever and he had no idea it was a semi auto he said he was told it was a revolver !Stepped back from benches and watched out of a dozen shooters only two showed gun saftey but still stayed on the line.Yes it was 94-97 degrees and melting hot and un comfortable as hell so went out and fished,by the time the grouper was on deck it was cooked,well almost,did I say it was hot and only end of April ? Return hom and raining its balls off but everything is green and comfortable about 48 degrees ! MDT Back from Hell,Did I say it was freakin HOT ?
    Last edited by MARINE DIVISION TWO; May 5th, 2017 at 04:03 PM.

I'm seriously getting tired of the old shit head lady and guy that steal brass without even asking, tired of yelling at them. I'm trying to figure out a way to actually enjoy shooting without having to look over my shoulder to see my brass disappearing

I'm trying to figure out a way to actually enjoy shooting without having to look over my shoulder to see my brass disappearing
    Sounds like it's time to join a private club/range.

here's hoping i got the scope (for birthday) for my new ar, plan on being there beginning next week to sight it in. explained to my wife that without some sort of rear sight, all i'd be able to do is ensure it fires and cycles.
    i'll let y'all know case ya see me, my range box is a black/yellow stanley toolbox with anime girls and fishing stickers on it, i often use it as a rest. although i hardly ever see people there.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sounds like it's time to join a private club/range.
    I'm tempted to do that. It just sucks that I cannot enjoy the sport without people stealing brass.

My Top Three Pet Peeves at thre Range 1) Oh Im sorry it was an accidental Discharged that went your way at the bench ! 2) Hijab wearing group of women,If they are women, fumbling with revolvers and pump shotguns,But put an AK or AR in their hands its like they invented the weapon ! 3 ) People picking up my brass without asking my permission,especially my loaded brass ! Thats why I go with a friend or two watching each others backs. MDT

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGFAN86 View Post
    I'm tempted to do that. It just sucks that I cannot enjoy the sport without people stealing brass.
    Blue Ridge Cherry Valley still has a few spots available. Reasonable and a great range. Rifle and shotgun on one range and upper house for pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by waretrop View Post
    Blue Ridge Cherry Valley still has a few spots available. Reasonable and a great range. Rifle and shotgun on one range and upper house for pistol.
    i'm 2 miles from sellersville hunting club, they're so private i'm not even sure what membership costs or if they're open to new ones. believe next closest is east bangor sportsman, not sure if they're taking members but their membership is cheap or brcv (above) who's rates are a bit high for my lean wallet, not compared to public ranges though.
    my sgl range permit expires in june, i'm really tired of the 60mi round trip drive, especially to find it's full of asshats or ruined (there was also the back and forth with them over shotgun slugs). might join one of the above or quit shooting for an extended period when it expires.

Edit/update: this week is canceled. no rear sight for my ar, will be waiting until one arrives.
    Last edited by fallenleader; May 7th, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i'm 2 miles from sellersville hunting club, they're so private i'm not even sure what membership costs or if they're open to new ones. believe next closest is east bangor sportsman, not sure if they're taking members but their membership is cheap or brcv (above) who's rates are a bit high for my lean wallet, not compared to public ranges though.
    my sgl range permit expires in june, i'm really tired of the 60mi round trip drive, especially to find it's full of asshats or ruined (there was also the back and forth with them over shotgun slugs). might join one of the above or quit shooting for an extended period when it expires.

Edit/update: this week is canceled. no rear sight for my ar, will be waiting until one arrives.
    First year dues include NRA basic handgun course and initiation. Renewals are only $104. Right now if you have taken the NRA course before you pay initiation and $54.00. Good til September 1st. Then renewal fee applies. $104.00 is cheap for unlimited access.

Quote Originally Posted by waretrop View Post
    First year dues include NRA basic handgun course and initiation. Renewals are only $104. Right now if you have taken the NRA course before you pay initiation and $54.00. Good til September 1st. Then renewal fee applies. $104.00 is cheap for unlimited access.
    oh i know it breaks down to a very reasonable monthly rate when you figure public ranges are $14/hr+. i'm just completely broke for now :P
    blew everything on the ar/ammo/accessories coupled with wife clothes and stuff...

Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast