Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Why is China banned from importing ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Chinese gov't runs Norinco and the other Chinese arms factories. So you're wrong, their gov't DID try to import to gangs.
    Good point then.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    The Aussies have a huge Chinese population, and there not so much in-bed in terms of political philosophy or militarily - just socio-economical.

And yes, to a degree I guess I am stretching it; China doesn't hate us as in "nuke us til we glow" - they know who butters their bread. Rather they want to weaken us politically and militarily so that we lose status and pose no "threat" to their own agendas. note that the vast majority of arms to Africa, including Iraq and Iran were not Soviet made, but rather the CHICOM copies like their T59 and T69 tanks.

Getting back to gun related:

I think it would be a good thing for us gunowners' wallets if we reopened the Chinese sources of ammo and guns. Allow us gunowners to help pay down the massive US-debt by buying some fun stuff again.

But I sure would feel so much better if they would throw us a bone and help keep North Korea in a box or stop with Iran's adventures. They need to understand that they will lose too, if these wild idiots continue to run free.

That's whats baffling - why can't they undrstand that...
    Because it's not their problem. NK doesn't want to nuke China :P I think the Chinese are snakes in the grass. But I want cheaper 7.62 ammo and firearms... quality ammo and firearms. The Chinese can make some pretty good stuff when they try. I think this would be a good direction for the Pro2a's to push back.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    But I sure would feel so much better if they would throw us a bone and help keep North Korea in a box or stop with Iran's adventures. They need to understand that they will lose too, if these wild idiots continue to run free.

That's whats baffling - why can't they undrstand that...
    Because the US and Europe are a threat to the extremists' view of how a Muslim should live. China, with her oppressive government and ready source of weapons, do not represent anywhere NEAR the threat that other western nations do. And because China, like Russia, lives and dies by cash register receipts. They can turn their eyes away from what they DO know to be a problem, knowing that WE are going to solve it or go broke trying to. Either way, it's a win for them.

(Lycoming County)

I truely think we would have a chance at this. Every one should write/call your Congressmen about this. Just be sure to include how you think it will help our country. And if it doesn't work mybe our president will do it since it would benefit his commie comrades.

(Susquehanna County)

What's the first step to get Chinese ammo unbanned? I dont really mind the weapons being banned... whatever... but ammo is key right now.

I have several boxes of norinco 7.62x39 and you guys just reminded me of why i'm not shooting it up. 20 years ago I shot the bucket to my dads backhoe and it drilled a hole right through 1/4 steel. it would go through a junked car completely we thought it was cool to be able to shoot through and into the engine block. everytime I take inventory i have wondered why i don't shoot it and I knew I was saving it but for what?

China didn't import to the LA gangs, a Chinese company did.

Do you really think Norinco had any idea where those guns were headed? Or they really cared? As long as they were leaving China. The PRC will put anything you want on a manifest in order to make a sale. I guarantee those AKs were not manifested as such.

Why can't we get the NRA with their powerful influence to lift the ban on Chinese imports of ammo especially with the shortage created partially by DHS buying up huge amounts of ammo. There is virtually no .22 rimfire ammo anywhere right now? This ridiculous. Granted a lot of people switched to .22 due to high cost of other ammo but why aren't US manufacturers producing more .22 ammo to get some out to the stores at a reasonable price not the $150 for a 500 round brick some of the price gougers are selling it for. All ammo in general is in short supply and high priced too.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bcdiver60 View Post
    Why can't we get the NRA with their powerful influence to lift the ban on Chinese imports of ammo especially with the shortage created partially by DHS buying up huge amounts of ammo. There is virtually no .22 rimfire ammo anywhere right now? This ridiculous. Granted a lot of people switched to .22 due to high cost of other ammo but why aren't US manufacturers producing more .22 ammo to get some out to the stores at a reasonable price not the $150 for a 500 round brick some of the price gougers are selling it for. All ammo in general is in short supply and high priced too.
    Because it was done by Executive Order and God knows what it takes to rescind an EO.

Actually, the ammo import ban was due to Olympic Arms manufacturing an AR pistol in 7.62 x 39 hence the chicom steel core fell victim to the "no AP handgun ammo" regulation.

I dunno how or why Russian steel core can still be sold other than the fact that euro combloc wasn't being imported back in those days and perhaps the EO specifically cites chicom origin?
    Last edited by TonyF; May 6th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

(Allegheny County)

The Romulans should not be trusted. We should pay off our debt to them over the next 10 years. Importing guns and ammo will do nothing to this debt.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

(Chester County)

It's all about money and politics. We owe them plenty of cash but they are also dependent on our payments and keeping markets open to sell their Wally World quailty merchandise or both China and Wally World would go under.

I wouldn't buy some piece of crap Norinco anything if it is 1/2 the price of an American made piece. I remember all those cases of China made SKS's and Mac 90's that you used to find at gun shows. In a box of 10 you could maybe find two or three that actually worked the first time and if it did you'd be lucky to hit anything you were aiming at. Total garbage. I don't know about those M-14's but I'd be just as nervous firing one of those as I would a Belgium made P-38 with Nazi markings on them.

I buy as much Made in the USA things as I can. It has never been possible to buy everything Made in the USA but it's a lot easier than you think. I have websites and links you can use to find Made in the USA.

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

http://madeintheusabyamericans.blogspot.com/

You're just going to have to get used to the idea that people are hoarding ammo and will holding onto to it to sell it at twice what they paid for it. Maybe you can complain to the government for unfair trade practices by hoarders and scalpers. Buying from a country that would laugh at us and put us on our knees is not the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast