Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Response from Senator Schwank

Here is Judy Schwank's response to my e-mail:

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership myself, I appreciate knowing your comments. You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please let me know whenever I can help you with matters involving state government."

Now, let me just say I have a huge amount of respect for Judy Schwank. She formerly served as interim dean of agriculture at my alma mater and did a fantastic job. She was surely missed when she left to pursue being a state senator. However from this response alone, I can't really tell if she's pro and anti-gun ownership. She does mention she's a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership, but from there she is rather vague and mentions changing PA laws. I'm glad to know she is all for responsible gun ownership, but not so sure what her stance is on the AWB and high cap magazine ban.

Anyone else get a response from her or try writing to her? She's the first who has gotten back to me, hopefully this isn't an auto reply like we seem to get from every other rep.

Default Re: Response from Senator Schwank

Fire back an email thanking her for her term as dean as you outlined. Then, asked specific PA gun law changes. I would mention a positive change in PA law like outlawing the ROS database, repealing the requirements for a LTCF for concealment and loaded transport (Constitutional Carry), taking out the character clause for a LTCF, specifically allowing those with a LTCF to carry on K-12 property etc...you know, nail her down for specifics.

CL

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2112 View Post

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Thank you for your e-mail. As a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership myself, I appreciate knowing your comments. You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please let me know whenever I can help you with matters involving state government."

Now, let me just say I have a huge amount of respect for Judy Schwank. She formerly served as interim dean of agriculture at my alma mater and did a fantastic job. She was surely missed when she left to pursue being a state senator. However from this response alone, I can't really tell if she's pro and anti-gun ownership. She does mention she's a staunch supporter of responsible gun ownership, but from there she is rather vague and mentions changing PA laws. I'm glad to know she is all for responsible gun ownership, but not so sure what her stance is on the AWB and high cap magazine ban.

Anyone else get a response from her or try writing to her? She's the first who has gotten back to me, hopefully this isn't an auto reply like we seem to get from every other rep.
    Frankly, she didn't say anything.

(Armstrong County)

You have got to be kidding me!!! I love her code words "responsible gun ownership" and "You can be sure that I take them very seriously, and they will be helpful to me as we look at changes to Pennsylvania laws". This ID10t doesn't know what "Shall NOT Be Questioned" means!!!
    You can bet she will vote for every feel good BS gun law that is introduced.
    What a crock of Crap!!!

"Dear Mr. Berg:

Also ask her if he would support a repeal of the Gun Free School Zones and firearm training and the ability for teachers and staff to carry in schools!!!

Ed
    Last edited by edstephan; January 15th, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Berks County)

"Dear Mr. Berg:

News flash: I got it verbatim. Yeah, I always had a healthy respect for her in her past political life but also don't know how to read this one. Sounds like typical political pablum to me.

(Allegheny County)

Obama says "responsible" gun owners have nothing to worry about.

I get the same vibe from what she said.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Obama says "responsible" gun owners have nothing to worry about.

I get the same vibe from what she said.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    In Obama's mind, a "responsible" gun owner would never want an AR15 or anything with a magazine over some arbitrary number of rounds.

(Berks County)

There should be a wiki where we can record politician's statements and actions concerning the right to bear arms. I thought I saw anti-gun statements associated with Senator Schwank, but I'm not sure where.

Anyone know how her voting record has been?

(Chester County)

Just put "Responsible" in the same category as when the Dems say "Common Sense" or "Reasonable". Those are code words for "we get to decide what you think" about an issue before you have a chance to make up your own mind.

(Berks County)

From http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ml#post2217250

Dear Mr. Lexington;

Thank you for contacting me. Your comments are very helpful and will guide me in my decisions on an issue obviously of great concern to everyone.
    I strongly support the rights of responsible firearms owners. The gunning down of 20 young children and their teachers, in a school protected by a security system, compels us to acknowledge the reality that we are not now ensuring responsible ownership, however. There are lots of solutions being proposed in the wake of the Newtown killings, from reinstating the "assault weapons ban" to arming school faculties.

While, frankly, I do not think they all deserve equal attention, this tragedy is so profound that it requires that no proposal should be dismissed out of hand. I particularly believe, however, that we need to look closely at how mental illness can lead to violent acts and what we must do to prevent them from happening.

Again, thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate knowing your thoughts, and hope you will let me know whenever I can help you in matters relating to state government.